Mid-Range Game 59: Alcatraz vs the Lens Destructors

Elandera

11 hours ago, Conquestor said:

Okay, according to the calculations, the vils should be tied with the elims now. This is our last cycle to get this right. The village has to vote together! Now, to help with this, I have collected and organized the final votes of the last four cycles.

So given your thought about three living evils who are they whats your theory who do you trust assuming your Lckspren thought is right where do you think we go from there justify your opinions and continued existence thanks

4 hours ago, Luckspren said:

Elims: <Conq, JNV, maybe Kas/Archer if there is a fourth elim.>

Why

Im just going to park my vote on Conquestor for now let that be that but honestly if you make a good case for why Luckspren would be paired with someone that isnt you Id be down to go to them their arguments in that poast above seem wobbly and theyve just been wobbly and such and I lost the nice long version of this post when loading in replies and its late and Im going to sleep but I cant get on tomorrow morning so I knda have to post it tonight good night feel free to argue against me while Im asleep Ill see you later

First of all, @Luckspren, I am sorry. I didn't know that you were female. I will make sure to correct that from now on. Also, if I were an elim, who would be on my team? I've pretty much only defended myself for the last few cycles. 

Look, @Devotary of Spontaneity and @The_God_King. If I'm being honest, I believe that you two are the villagers. Archer, Luckspren, nor JNV have made a good case against me this cycle. Well, I Archer did, but I responded as well as I could to that. Are we really going to believe that this cycle has gone no where? If an elim really was on the line, then wouldn't at least one other elim be backing them up? In this case, the closest we got was Devo who was neutral. JNV tried to sound neutral, but I feel I already had made a good case for luckspren and I believe they never intended to turn there vote around. Since this is likely to be the last cycle anyway. Archer was the one who stole my lenses! I had two lenses, the translator's and a courier's. I was in the courier pm with Archer. 

The only reason the elims decided not to go for you two is so that they know that it would be impossible to convince anyone that you two are elims with what's happened. Also, I ended my vote last cycle on luckspren and suddenly I'm enemy number one. This train on me is being pushed too hard and without much logic to it. JNV's whole vote on me is, "well it's your turn I guess". His final argument pretty much inciminates luckspren! 

31 minutes ago, JNV said:

Im just going to park my vote on Conquestor for now let that be that but honestly if you make a good case for why Luckspren would be paired with someone that isnt you Id be down to go to them

What does he mean for why luckspren would be paired with someone other than myself? Why as an elim would I throw my own teammate under the bus now and two turns in a row? Who would my teammate be? Devotary? Isn't he vil? We are prepared to throw everyone as a pair together except me. The only pair that's been seriously suggested this cycle is me and fifth. Unless this is a two person elim team, this makes no sense.

Now, I'm pretty much out of time. I will be busy tomorrow, but just in case people have direct questions for me, I'll try to log in before the close of the cycle. @ me if you have any questions. I don't believe there are any more arguments for me to make, so with that, I wish you all a good night and a good cycle! :lol:

16 hours ago, JNV said:

Why

Im just going to park my vote on Conquestor for now let that be that but honestly if you make a good case for why Luckspren would be paired with someone that isnt you Id be down to go to them their arguments in that poast above seem wobbly and theyve just been wobbly and such and I lost the nice long version of this post when loading in replies and its late and Im going to sleep but I cant get on tomorrow morning so I knda have to post it tonight good night feel free to argue against me while Im asleep Ill see you later

Why <Conq, JNV, maybe Kas/Archer> ? Because they're not Devo, TGK, or me. Conq because he seems marginally more suspicious than the other two. 

Looking at my arguments, they honestly are kinda wobbly, because I am having a really hard time finding anything more than slight suspicions. On anyone. 

15 hours ago, Conquestor said:

Look, @Devotary of Spontaneity and @The_God_King. If I'm being honest, I believe that you two are the villagers. Archer, Luckspren, nor JNV have made a good case against me this cycle. Well, I Archer did, but I responded as well as I could to that. Are we really going to believe that this cycle has gone no where? If an elim really was on the line, then wouldn't at least one other elim be backing them up? In this case, the closest we got was Devo who was neutral. JNV tried to sound neutral, but I feel I already had made a good case for luckspren and I believe they never intended to turn there vote around. Since this is likely to be the last cycle anyway. Archer was the one who stole my lenses! I had two lenses, the translator's and a courier's. I was in the courier pm with Archer. 

The only reason the elims decided not to go for you two is so that they know that it would be impossible to convince anyone that you two are elims with what's happened. Also, I ended my vote last cycle on luckspren and suddenly I'm enemy number one. This train on me is being pushed too hard and without much logic to it. JNV's whole vote on me is, "well it's your turn I guess". His final argument pretty much inciminates luckspren! 

What does he mean for why luckspren would be paired with someone other than myself? Why as an elim would I throw my own teammate under the bus now and two turns in a row? Who would my teammate be? Devotary? Isn't he vil? We are prepared to throw everyone as a pair together except me. The only pair that's been seriously suggested this cycle is me and fifth. Unless this is a two person elim team, this makes no sense.

Now, I'm pretty much out of time. I will be busy tomorrow, but just in case people have direct questions for me, I'll try to log in before the close of the cycle. @ me if you have any questions. I don't believe there are any more arguments for me to make, so with that, I wish you all a good night and a good cycle! :lol:

I... think I believe you. Cuz why on earth would JNV vote on you if you were both E!, which is what I've been assuming? I guess there could be only two elims, so that would be JNV and Archer... It doesn't quite make sense to me, but I can't find any arrangement that does make perfect sense to me.

Conq, JNV

Edit: Just noticed that Archer is also voting for Conq, so... yeah... who could even be Conq's teammate if he was evil? I'm convinced. 

@Devotary of Spontaneity, @The_God_King, we're going to need some village votes in here in order to not lose the game. So... vote, please?

Edited by Luckspren

7 hours ago, Luckspren said:

I... think I believe you. Cuz why on earth would JNV vote on you if you were both E!, which is what I've been assuming? I guess there could be only two elims, so that would be JNV and Archer... It doesn't quite make sense to me, but I can't find any arrangement that does make perfect sense to me.

Well e!JNV could vote on a teammate and then switch their vote later, since only the final vote counts. That post already indicated a willingness to switch to you. In that case though JNV is more likely to be evil since for deceptive vote reasons while e!JNV might want to be able to jump from v!Conq as well. Putting a vote on someone with the intention of moving it later isn't guaranteed evil though. A few votes are needed to solve this. Who would JNV be evil with if not Conq? Archer maybe. 

JNV

Cycle Six: Some Librarians are Instead Vengeful Undead

No write-up again. Sorry.

Conquestor has been killed! They were a Free Kingdomer!
The_God_King has been killed! They were a Free Kingdomer!

Vote Count

Conquestor (2) - JNV, Archer
JNV (2) - Devotary of Spontaneity, Luckspren
Luckspren (1) - Conquestor

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. A Joe in the Bush Free Kingdomer
  2. Steeldancer Free Kingdomer
  3. @JNV - Cori
  4. Matrim's Dice Free Kingdomer
  5. The Wandering Wizard Free Kingdomer
  6. Fifth Scholar Evil Librarian
  7. The Unknown Novel Free Kingdomer
  8. Droughtbringer Free Kingdomer
  9. The_God_KingFree Kingdomer
  10. @Archer - Grandpa Smedry (Replaced Kasimir)
  11. ConquestorFree Kingdomer
  12. Ashbringer - Free Kingdomer
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Dr. Sader
  14. @Luckspren - Adelaide Smedry

This turn ends Monday, August 1 at 4:00 p.m. PDT.

So several things one sorry Conquestor honestly Ive been weridly wobbly this whole game two Im not currently capable of believing Archer/Kasimir is evil I can consider the idea just fine and see where it all lines up and stuff but I just cant believe in it partially cuase of friendhsip partially cause of the Wizard and The Unknown Novel vote stuff three I especially cant see Archer and Devotary together I just cant so yeah if thats not an option then Luckspren and if Im wrong then welp least I tried have to go now wont be on at rollover this is it for me I guess have fun see you in the aftermath

So there's all the votes. 2 for Luckspren and 1 for Archer just like the polls indicated. JNV's vote isn't going to change for sure and Archer and Luck's votes also look pretty stable but will likely change if one or especially both are evil. I think I'm going Luck-Archer covering for each other since the beginning and now trying to split the vote to hammer so I have to follow JNV with Luckspren.

Aftermath: Unsightly Librarian-Controlled Dungeons

Well, this is new. Someone out-broke me. The Lens Crafters are gone. The whole area has been annexed into the Hushlands. I'm pretty sure the librarians even made the old building a new Lens Crafters franchise location.

There's always next time, I suppose. At least no sentient romance novels attacked us this time around.

Luckspren has been killed! They were a Free Kingdomer!
JNV has been killed! They were a Free Kingdomer!

Vote Count

Luckspren (3) - JNV, Archer, Devotary of Spontaneity
Archer (1) - Luckspren

Congratulations to the Evil Librarians, @Devotary of Spontaneity, @Fifth Scholar, @Kasimir, and @Archer! You have taken control over the lens crafting ability of the Free Kingdoms! An extra thanks to Archer for being willing to step in to take over for Kas. Also, thanks to @Araris Valerian for IMing!

Player List

Spoiler
  1. @A Joe in the Bush - Free Kingdomer
  2. @Steeldancer - Free Kingdomer
  3. @JNV - Free Kingdomer
  4. @Matrim's Dice - Free Kingdomer
  5. @The Wandering Wizard - Free Kingdomer
  6. @Fifth Scholar - Evil Librarian
  7. @The Unknown Novel - Free Kingdomer
  8. @Droughtbringer - Free Kingdomer
  9. @The_God_King - Free Kingdomer
  10. @Kasimir / Archer - Evil Librarian
  11. @Conquestor Free Kingdomer
  12. @Ashbringer - Free Kingdomer
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Order of the Shattered Lens
  14. @Luckspren - Free Kingdomer

Dead Doc
Elim Doc
Master Spreadsheet

Go team! :P 

This game was a little frustrating for me on a few levels—first, the pure elation at getting thrown in a doc with Kas and Devo (awesome teammates who completely carried btw) was tempered immediately by the realisation that we had pretty much nowhere to hide among talkative players except Mat—and then Mat caught onto Kas C1 and we had to kill him to avoid detection. Even though they didn’t exist, we were also scared to death of the second copies of the scan and roleblock lenses, and it kinda ruined our focus in the elim doc for awhile. 

Anyway, C2 was underway, and then my infinite time available rapidly contracts to almost nothing as my parents announce we’re making a surprise visit to my relatives coming from Oregon. I have almost no time in the next few days to post—with Kas’ and TGK’s textwalls, I’m barely keeping up with the thread—and then I get my last chunk of time over halfway through, Kas and I do our preplanned staged brawl, which works out okay until I poke TGK with my vote which attracts suspicion. I can’t really put it elsewhere, and then I get voted on from TGK for “distracting the village with meta discussion” (not my intent, I would rather actually be a bear in school in the Montanan wilderness than voluntarily begin a meta debate mid-cycle), Joe for defending Wizard (lol) after he’d done nothing but read me village, and Devo so that we didn’t go down together if she saved me and I died later. Meanwhile I’m watching all of this, but have no time to actually respond to anything, and just die instead. RIP. Not usually the end to my silver tongued play. I definitely deserved to die since I was evil, of course, but it was a little weird getting caught for “the wrong reasons” (even though getting caught for the right reasons would have been much worse for the team :P)

Anyway, rant over, game was a blast when I was alive, and I was super lucky to play with Kas/Devo/Archer who were good prolific teammates who actually distanced correctly, and carried from there. :P Thanks to Elan for GMing, and all my PM partners for being fun. Wish I could have done more with Grischuk, but that’s (thug) life. A few parting thoughts:

Devo - 5. exd5 

JNV - a parting wave, and Kas - since they’re your favourite, a preview of our next PM: 

57F50E9F-D895-44F4-A4B0-6894AFCA44C1.gif

B57FD088-9122-4FA3-AC65-7ACBE9E52167.gif

20 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

the realisation that we had pretty much nowhere to hide among talkative players except Mat—and then Mat caught onto Kas C1 and we had to kill him to avoid detection.

The flip side of this is that you guys basically had full thread control (or at least a lot of thread control) starting C2 which is super useful, obviously :P I guess Fifth still died but tbh that completely shocked me :P I was offline for the middle of the game so I’m not entirely sure what all happened but it seems like you played a good game regardless. Wish I hadn’t been so hesitant to vote Kas, but eh.

Special shout out to @Conquestor for playing easily the best village game, hope to see you around in the future!

.....................I think Im going to cry hangon Ill be back

Ok I didnt cry but I did make a sound that kinda sounds the dying screeches of a strangledd crow so yeah 

Honestly it should have clicked at the end there and maybe it did a little but I guess trust really is my fatal flaw this was great this was fun and Kasimir is always the best PM buddy even though you were evil youre still great still amazing still best taste in noodles and books and sorry to everyone I thought evil for no reason beyond my own confidence thats my bad I have to reevaluate how I think about things and my level of trust cause thats always been a problem Im a terrible endgame player gaaaah

32 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

JNV - a parting wave, and Kas - since they’re your favourite, a preview of our next PM: 

Bye bye bear hope you do well at bear college hope the fish are tasty hope the enclosure is comfy hope the world is nice and friendly and you have very nice dogs mr bear its impressive you can be friendly with them even though youre a bear and theyre dogs 

Time to go read docs and maybe be more sad at my play bye bye 

3 hours ago, Elandera said:

Ah, the wonderful moment every SE player experiences at some point. The realization that no one is to be trusted. :ph34r:

How I ended MR1 thanks to Wyrm:

With years of trust issues that included Wilson yelling at me for excessive paranoia, and:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Apologies to Devo and everyone: would have liked to finish the game, but am staying out of SE for at least a month to recover so yeah please do yell at me if I sign up for anything. I'll have a very hard think if the KKC game comes up but that's a later problem.

Thanks to Fifth, and Devo for being great teammates, to Elan for running this, especial thanks to @Archer for agreeing to replace me.

And thanks to JNV for the best PMs and being best PM buddy. I had fun, and the Noodles Clan must continue!

No thanks to Araris or RNGesus - you know why.

5 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Kas - since they’re your favourite, a preview of our next PM: 

You cannot pocket me with your fell gifs! I know your Evil now! Out, out foul fiend! I do not trust your fair words and adorable doggos!

I don't blame the villagers for not catching the elims. When I did my initial read through, I had Conq down as evil and Kas and Devo penciled in as villagers. Nice work distancing. Thanks for the game, Elandera and Araris! 

Edited by Archer

Congratulations to the elims for winning, and thank you to Elan for running the game!

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, Elandera, or StrikerEZ, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Archer, and Kasimir) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: