Cartographers guild

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/28/2022 at 3:09 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

MAPS ARE THE BEST!

Yes.

I was originally planning on having this map be of a fairly small island, but now as I am writing the story set there, I have decided to redo the map and make the larger island around the size of North America, and the smaller one similar to Australia. It is going to take a very long time, especially because I am considering doing it with a quill and ink.

Here is a map I am making. I am not sure whether I should leave it like it is, or if I should add, like, trees and mountains and stuff. Also whether or nat I should add in the capital cities and ports and things like that. I did this on a huge paper, so I have space, I just don't want to wreck because it took me like 2 hours to color it.

IMG_4411.jpgAlso that pencil started this adventure not having been sharpened once. Now it is very tiny.

Edited by The Sibling

1 hour ago, The Sibling said:

Here is a map I am making. I am not sure whether I should leave it like it is, or if I should add, like, trees and mountains and stuff. Also whether or nat I should add in the capital cities and ports and things like that. I did this on a huge paper, so I have space, I just don't want to wreck because it took me like 2 hours to color it.

IMG_4411.jpgAlso that pencil started this adventure not having been sharpened once. Now it is very tiny.

Oh wow. That's amazing. 

• 11 months later...
On 2023-09-25 at 1:51 PM, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Is it worth it to necro this thread…I probably shouldn’t…but I really want to…

HI! I spend significant amounts of my spare time drawing maps, mostly fantasy. This is what I regard as my first good map: (I apologize for the very bad picture quality)

D5345BF9-B384-4CD5-AB1F-FDB27DAA56E0.thumb.jpeg.0f6e44f2b35f797bb34a486fe732044d.jpeg

Nice! I like your handwriting.

I'm so glad this thread is back because I have maps to share! I'll add them later. Also in the fan art thing I posted two I made of Roshar.

5 hours ago, The stormfather said:

scroll3.thumb.jpg.6051fc9abc07319b1df5d1fe80842e9c.jpg

I've been working on this world for like 7 years... with @The Sibling and another of our friends, and I finally mapped out one of the three and two half realms!(Don't ask.)

scroll1.jpg

scroll2.jpg

That’s a cool map!

I’m currently making a map, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to show tundra. The internet is pretty sparse on information.