Unexpected traits

I have a couple traits that give a massively wrong impression about me that I'm bad at clearing up. Like, back in middle school I mentioned a couple times that I enjoyed some classical music and often said I disliked what was popular between my classmates. End result, everyone believed I only listened to classical music even though I knew like 5 pieces. Similarly, I'm extremely quiet and bad at expressing myself, it's a social issue I'm terrified of not solving, but somehow it gives people this idea that I'm this really serious and responsible guy, when I'm actually one of the most irresponsible persons you'll ever know, I've had semesters where I fail every single subject (I'm working on that though, and succeeding so far). I also avoid drinking beer, this is simply because I dislike that particular drink, but then people believe that I don't drink alcohol, period, even though I love wine, cider, etc, just can't drink them that often. Then there's my family spreading overblown things about me, I overheard my grandma telling someone once that reading was my only hobby and that I read a book a week, even though it's only one of my hobbies and not even the main one, and I struggle to read a book in one month. Thankfully no one has actually held me to these expectations so far they simply learn they are misplaced.

On a related note, I'm good at saying good things that look bad. My first time in an RP I managed to offend everyone in the room while trying to convey that it was really cool and I was having fun. If I ever offend you, please know that not only was it not on purpose, but I'll likely won't even realize it unless you tell me because I'm pretty dense for things like those so please bear with me. 

On 5/7/2022 at 11:18 PM, Robin Sedai said:

I spend an idiotic amount of time obsessing over what to post. For example, a few posts ago I spent at least a full minute deciding which emoji to use. Then it niggled at the back of my mind for ten minutes until I went back and edited it. This and my unpractised English is why I sound a little robotic sometimes, especially in my AMA <_<

When you first joined I do seem to remember you sounded a bit robotic, but now I can't tell the difference between you and a native speaker.