Unexpected traits

So this is less so hot takes but more so things that other people on the shard wouldnt have guessed about you. Preferably things that are rare, no i like pizza for example

Please try to be sensitive of what you say

I will go first

Despite living in america I am a monarchist i dont believe in bloody revolution or anything but I feel like absolute monarchy is a legitimate option for rule that is often glazed over

H

People probably don't know (well, this isn't a trait, but an uncommon occurrence) but in kindergarten, I went to a school, then I went to another school, but because of my birthday I had to redo kindergarten, and then I went back to my other school, but skipped first grade and went to second grade, and then after a couple years I transferred back to the other school, a year ahead of everyone I knew.

:D

Also I placed top 3 in Girls Nationals (for chess) at some point in my life. 

23 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I think I come off to people as more mild and laid back, so people who know me are surprised pretty much without exception when they find out that I love super super spicy food (my go-to snack is pepper jack nachos with ghost pepper salsa).

Have you ever tried kimchi?

50 minutes ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

Despite living in america I am a monarchist i dont believe in bloody revolution or anything but I feel like absolute monarchy is a legitimate option for rule that is often glazed over

I did not know this. Huh. Well, we all have our personal beliefs. 

Wait, I need to know. Do you guys put toothpaste on the toothbrush before or after wetting it?

2 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

People probably don't know (well, this isn't a trait, but an uncommon occurrence) but in kindergarten, I went to a school, then I went to another school, but because of my birthday I had to redo kindergarten, and then I went back to my other school, but skipped first grade and went to second grade, and then after a couple years I transferred back to the other school, a year ahead of everyone I knew.

*reads like three times* *decides this is awesome* WOAH

3 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Have you ever tried kimchi?

I LOVE KIMCHI

Another thing about me is I know morse code and am currently learning ASL

Especially at school, I tend to dress just a touch above what most people would consider casual.  A lot of long skirts, tucked in shirts and blouses, and boots.  I've never worn shorts or sweats or pajamas to school, and I think I wore a t-shirt once.  And almost everything I wear is more cool toned and dark.  So the time I turned up in a Marine Corps t-shirt and a light colored button down over it for warmth threw a few folks for a loop, since it was so unlike almost everything I'd worn to school before.

I'm also very good at managing people and taking the lead, even though I intensely dislike it.  I'm just very good at faking it until the situation is over.

Those are the only things I can think off, I'm a bit of an open book.

7 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Especially at school, I tend to dress just a touch above what most people would consider casual.  A lot of long skirts, tucked in shirts and blouses, and boots.  I've never worn shorts or sweats or pajamas to school, and I think I wore a t-shirt once.  And almost everything I wear is more cool toned and dark.  So the time I turned up in a Marine Corps t-shirt and a light colored button down over it for warmth threw a few folks for a loop, since it was so unlike almost everything I'd worn to school before.

I feel that! I usually dress a little more formal as well (also usually monochrome blue, my favorite color, but that's besides the point) and my friends were shocked when one day I walked in with sweats on and even to this day the rare days I wear them at least one person comments on it.

29 minutes ago, Experience said:

I hate and fear confrontation even though I can give talks and presentations in front of large crowds on the fly. 

Yoooo saaaame

This is a fairly recent thing i’ve learned about myself. I absolutely hate all kinds of confrontation. Like, say it’s me and one other coworker in the place i work. They go outside to take a quick break, and then things get busy. I should simply open the door and be like “hey, we got some orders to do” and everything would be fine. but that feels too confrontational so instead i make rationalizations and just handle the rush by myself. I just hate telling people what to do. Trying to get better at this though. 

Also same with the public speaking thing, never been an issue. Like, to me, being on stage with a microphone is a position of power. I can say literally anything i want, and that information will go directly into your brains. That’s powerful.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I wet it first.

Why am I suddenly blanking on what I do- after I remember I will come back with an answer.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Novel said:

I don't wet it. 

I also have horrible oral hygiene.

You... should wet your toothbrush.

Just now, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Both. Well, I wet the toothbrush, put on toothpaste, then wet it again. I'm weird like that.

I- think that that's cool.
Oh look, a double that.

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

*reads like three times* *decides this is awesome* WOAH

I LOVE KIMCHI

Another thing about me is I know morse code and am currently learning ASL

:D Thanks!!

KIMCHI IS UNBEATABLE.

Wait that's so awesome... If you like code and stuff, you should read The Woman All Spies Fear. It's really good. Also, Enigma Game. Still. I could never...

2 hours ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

I actually also A little bit like bookworm have skipped a grade. I also came within the top 15 on the national history bowl on the same thread as the last few I almost always wear a button up and dress pants

Ooh which grade? Also awesome. Like, seriously awesome.

2 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I wear blazers. Everywhere. A fun, casual 4th of July Party? Let me show up in a blazer. Blazers are simply unbearable.

This is a really, really long response, and I am doing this instead of working. Which I should be doing. Which I am not. Ah, the hole that is the Shard.

I spend an idiotic amount of time obsessing over what to post. For example, a few posts ago I spent at least a full minute deciding which emoji to use. Then it niggled at the back of my mind for ten minutes until I went back and edited it. This and my unpractised English is why I sound a little robotic sometimes, especially in my AMA <_<

9 hours ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

it is kind  of funny that so many sanderfans seem to like wearing formal clothes. also

@SymphonianBookworm 4th grade

:0 Wow. That's awesome!!

6 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

I spend an idiotic amount of time obsessing over what to post. For example, a few posts ago I spent at least a full minute deciding which emoji to use. Then it niggled at the back of my mind for ten minutes until I went back and edited it. This and my unpractised English is why I sound a little robotic sometimes, especially in my AMA <_<

HAHA I think that happens to us all some time. Also, your English sounds great. You have better grammar and punctuation then... most people I know.
And they grew up speaking English.

12 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I wet it first.

last night when brushing my teeth I realized that I do wet it first. This is the only true way.

11 hours ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

it is kind  of funny that so many sanderfans seem to like wearing formal clothes

It's actually hilarious. I wonder why? 

8 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

That happens to a lot of us probably. Definitely happens to me. And, like Symph said, you actually sound much better than a lot of the people I know, and I know I've never noticed any robotism. ^_^

Also @SymphonianBookworm I wet my toothbrush first, like normal people do :ph34r:

Edited by Shining Silhouette

My standard wardrobe is grey semi-formal pants similar to regular khakis, and a polo shirt, so I fit in the above-average dress category. I'm pretty even-keeled so most people are surprised to find out that at age 22 I broke my first bone (my pinky) by trying to do a breakdance windmill on grass (bad idea, don't try it. You need a nice smooth and slippery surface to do that kind of spin well).