• 1
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arsteel

Nightblood Shard absorbtion?

Question

Will Nightblood attempt to absorb the Investiture of any Shard, or only of those his bearer percieves as evil?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

  • 0

I think that he basically just does whatever his bearers ask him to do and trust their usage of him to be destroying evil. Basically, you draw him, stuff dies, no exceptions, that's it. (As far as we know)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I don't think Nightblood cares what source of Investiture he draws from. He will destroy what he perceives as evil, but draws upon any kind of Investiture. The user has no bearing on what Nightblood thinks is evil, as his Command was Destroy Evil, and he took that command and did his best to figure out what "evil" is and will destroy anything he thinks is "evil" (his definition of evil is a little strange).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Any source.  Several wielders have passed his "Evil Test" and he will certainly still feed on them until they poof and die if drawn.  He takes in any Investiture, even just the non-denominational Investiture of basic Existence.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Quantus said:

Any source.  Several wielders have passed his "Evil Test" and he will certainly still feed on them until they poof and die if drawn.  He takes in any Investiture, even just the non-denominational Investiture of basic Existence.  

So he will even absorb Investiture that he sees as good/anti evil? Or does he simply see all Investiture as evil?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Arsteel said:

So he will even absorb Investiture that he sees as good/anti evil? Or does he simply see all Investiture as evil?

I think absorbing Investiture is different from destroying evil. He absorbs Investiture to fuel himself in fulfilling his Command (destroying evil).

Nightblood 'tests' people and if they register as evil he destroys them by making them fight over him/kill themselves with him.

But if they've passed his test and he doesn't see them as evil, and they wield him - he will still eat their Breath / Stormlight / whatever when drawn, that's how he works (he consumes Investiture when drawn). And eventually if they run out of other Investiture he will eat their soul / spark-of-life Investiture, killing them.

He also destroys whatever a wielder uses him against, so I think he accepts his wielders (once they pass the test) definition of evil to some degree. Or perhaps that's just his super Shardblade nature- whatever he hits is destroyed.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, cometaryorbit said:

I think absorbing Investiture is different from destroying evil. He absorbs Investiture to fuel himself in fulfilling his Command (destroying evil).

Nightblood 'tests' people and if they register as evil he destroys them by making them fight over him/kill themselves with him.

But if they've passed his test and he doesn't see them as evil, and they wield him - he will still eat their Breath / Stormlight / whatever when drawn, that's how he works (he consumes Investiture when drawn). And eventually if they run out of other Investiture he will eat their soul / spark-of-life Investiture, killing them.

He also destroys whatever a wielder uses him against, so I think he accepts his wielders (once they pass the test) definition of evil to some degree. Or perhaps that's just his super Shardblade nature- whatever he hits is destroyed.

 

Got it. By "absorbing Investiture" i didn't mean the stuff he takes from his wielder to power himself, but the Investiture he absorbs from anyone he kills (for example Rayse)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.