Nightblood Shard absorbtion?

Arsteel

Question

6 answers to this question

I don't think Nightblood cares what source of Investiture he draws from. He will destroy what he perceives as evil, but draws upon any kind of Investiture. The user has no bearing on what Nightblood thinks is evil, as his Command was Destroy Evil, and he took that command and did his best to figure out what "evil" is and will destroy anything he thinks is "evil" (his definition of evil is a little strange).

Any source.  Several wielders have passed his "Evil Test" and he will certainly still feed on them until they poof and die if drawn.  He takes in any Investiture, even just the non-denominational Investiture of basic Existence.  

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

Any source.  Several wielders have passed his "Evil Test" and he will certainly still feed on them until they poof and die if drawn.  He takes in any Investiture, even just the non-denominational Investiture of basic Existence.  

So he will even absorb Investiture that he sees as good/anti evil? Or does he simply see all Investiture as evil?

1 hour ago, Arsteel said:

So he will even absorb Investiture that he sees as good/anti evil? Or does he simply see all Investiture as evil?

I think absorbing Investiture is different from destroying evil. He absorbs Investiture to fuel himself in fulfilling his Command (destroying evil).

Nightblood 'tests' people and if they register as evil he destroys them by making them fight over him/kill themselves with him.

But if they've passed his test and he doesn't see them as evil, and they wield him - he will still eat their Breath / Stormlight / whatever when drawn, that's how he works (he consumes Investiture when drawn). And eventually if they run out of other Investiture he will eat their soul / spark-of-life Investiture, killing them.

He also destroys whatever a wielder uses him against, so I think he accepts his wielders (once they pass the test) definition of evil to some degree. Or perhaps that's just his super Shardblade nature- whatever he hits is destroyed.

2 hours ago, cometaryorbit said:

I think absorbing Investiture is different from destroying evil. He absorbs Investiture to fuel himself in fulfilling his Command (destroying evil).

Nightblood 'tests' people and if they register as evil he destroys them by making them fight over him/kill themselves with him.

But if they've passed his test and he doesn't see them as evil, and they wield him - he will still eat their Breath / Stormlight / whatever when drawn, that's how he works (he consumes Investiture when drawn). And eventually if they run out of other Investiture he will eat their soul / spark-of-life Investiture, killing them.

He also destroys whatever a wielder uses him against, so I think he accepts his wielders (once they pass the test) definition of evil to some degree. Or perhaps that's just his super Shardblade nature- whatever he hits is destroyed.

Got it. By "absorbing Investiture" i didn't mean the stuff he takes from his wielder to power himself, but the Investiture he absorbs from anyone he kills (for example Rayse)