Long Game 87: Choose Your Own Manywar

Steeldancer

LG87: CHOOSE YOUR OWN MANYWAR
The time was that of the Manywar. Hallendren was still under the control of the Royal Family. However, times were changing. With the outbreak of conflict between the major nations of Nalthis, some saw it as a chance for change in Hallendren. Some desired peace, while some desired to conquer. Others saw this as a chance to finally remove the royal family from power. 
However, this was also a time of great scientific achievement. The legendary 5 Scholars roam abroad on the land, discovering the secrets of awakening. Following in their footsteps, others seek these secrets as well, hoping that it will shift the war in their favor. 
This leads us to today, where people gather in secret groups, deciding amongst themselves where their loyalties will lie. Their choices will determine the future of Hallendren, and possibly even the future of Nalthis itself...

-----
Welcome to what's essentially the choose your own adventure game! This will be a faction game themed around the idea of everyone choosing their own alignments. The public rules are 
HERE
Be aware. I'm going to need at least 12 players to make minimal player counts for all 7 factions, and even then, it'll take away a lot of the choice that I wanted to build this game around. If necessary, I could cut a faction or two, but I'd rather not. I built the game for the factions to interact in certain ways, and I'd like it to stay that way. If we can hit at least 15 players, we should be good from what I can tell. 
The IM for this game will be Devotary. 
As per usual, you've got a week for signups. Signups will end at 7:00 PM, MST, July 6th. 

Upon Awakening, some commands may have an immediate effect, while others may not. On any day or night turn, you may take an action to retrieve the breath from the awakened item. 
Other awakened items may be used multiple times. Upon successful research, this information will be revealed for that command. 

Player List

Spoiler

1. Matrim's Dice- Samuel
2. The Unknown Novel- Dedarriel
3. HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES- Larinias
4. Ashbringer- Clem
5. StrikerEZ- Yeyeni Nosef
6. The Wandering Wizard- Ormutag
7. Araris Valerian- Hadrani Pereniod
8. Fifth Scholar- Yallacero
9. Kasimir- Kirilas
10. Young Bard- Linish
11. Stick
12. Xinoehp512
13. Elandera
14. Sart- Arthas
15. Clanky- Ancy
16. Luckspren- Lelea Pendrose
17. JNV- Kalomi

Quick Links

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

I'd like to play.

Also:

7th Heightening [breath recognition] 200 breath

You may take an action, night or day the GM the types of awakening or heightening abilities used that turn.

... is my brain just broken? because I cannot understand this. please explain?

Edit: Also, do the Revolutionaries have to outnumber each individual other faction, or all the other factions put together? Same question for the Foreign Infiltrators.

Edited by Tani

48 minutes ago, Tani said:

I'd like to play.

Also:

... is my brain just broken? because I cannot understand this. please explain?

Edit: Also, do the Revolutionaries have to outnumber each individual other faction, or all the other factions put together? Same question for the Foreign Infiltrators.

Wow, I swear that made sense when I rewrote it a bit last night. Apparently not though. I'll fix that. You're taking an action that informs you of what abilities were used that turn. 

Revolutionaries and Foreign infiltrators have to outnumber them individually. So if there are 3 revolutionaries and 2 in all hostile factions, that completes that half of their win condition. 

Lesgo :eyes:

Signing up as Kirilas, the proprietor of a small café selling a variety of teas and pastries, with blends suitable for the seasons.

Wyran claims that Kirilas spikes his blends with clippings from the Tears of Edgli.

He LIES. No, sir, these are 100% authentic unicorn tears butterfly pea blends

:ph34r: I see a couple new faces. Some familiar faces, too. I wonder if it's an advantage or a disadvantage for people to not know you in this game...

I'll sign up as... Linish, someone who is not yet Returned but ready to throw himself into all kinds of danger in the hope that he might be blessed as one because of his brave acts.

Alright, 2 things. Player list has been updated (I'm really close to beating breath of the wild, I promise. Should beat it today... maybe?)
And Devotary will be the IM for this game. 

12 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

@Steeldancer, clarification: what are the rules for PMs? It says we can use them during N0 but not really any specifics.

Also the Player List is a bit behind :P

PMs are One on one free for all, needs me and devotary in them, if Devotary wants to be in them. This happens so long as someone has the second heightening, which should basically always be the case. If for some reason this is not the case, it will be in the writeup that PMs are closed. 

7 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Alright, 2 things. Player list has been updated (I'm really close to beating breath of the wild, I promise. Should beat it today... maybe?)

I beat it on Friday! :P Still a whole lotta side quests and all that good stuff left so I’m not done with the game. But Ganon was destroyed, on my first attempt. Mostly because I ate like my entire stock of full restores :P. Best of luck to you!