Hello there

Lilien Kholin

Hello everyone out there!

I started with the Stormlight Archive in April and am currently reading Oathbringer (just over halfway through and what should I say? I’m an emotional wrack right now!). Just discovering the complexity of the Cosmere and I’m way too exited! :D I don’t know where to go with all the feelings, so I decided it might be a good idea to join the 17th shard.

Is there a thread for overemotional reading experience?? I already cried my eyes out, laughed loudly in public and even wondered why there aren’t any sprens around me.:lol: The quiz says I’m a Bondsmith and that makes me happy btw. :D 

So nice to finally find a community of people (probably) as obsessed as myself!

(And please excuse my English, it’s not my native language and I’m shy and still learning!)

2 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

It's a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the Shard! Don't worry about your English; it's very good and I daresay better than that of many native speakers. :D

Thank you, it's actually really encouraging to hear that! I'm curious how I will manage the Cosmere words like shardblade or spren. :) *still wondering what's the German equivalent to chasmfiend*

Also hello to the other two of you (I haven't figured out how to quote multiple posts and there's an error site when I try to tag you. I also hope that I'm not double posting by mistake now)! *responding obligatory Obi-Wan joke excitedly*

I'm nervously excited about reading Rhythm of War. How am I supposed to survive this?? Mentally AND physically as it is a huuuuge hardcover book that will be hard to handle in bed. Or in school. Or anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Lilien Kholin said:

Also hello to the other two of you (I haven't figured out how to quote multiple posts and there's an error site when I try to tag you. I also hope that I'm not double posting by mistake now)!

You can click the + symbol next to Quote, and that will quote multiple posts.

Welcome to the Shard!

You have definitely come to the right place if you want to discuss about...anything Brandon Sanderson related, really. I can assure you that all of the people here are as obsessed with Brandon Sanderson's books as you are.

It's kind of a requirement.

17 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I can assure you that all of the people here are as obsessed with Brandon Sanderson's books as you are.

Not true, some of us thought this was a Brandon Mull forum and only stuck around because we're too cowardly to admit our mistake. 

Welcome, Lilien! How'd you feel about that book where the sword guy did the thing with his sword? He's my favorite character for sure

25 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Welcome to the Shard!

You have definitely come to the right place if you want to discuss about...anything Brandon Sanderson related, really. I can assure you that all of the people here are as obsessed with Brandon Sanderson's books as you are.

That’s amazing! What’s your favourite Sanderson book? 

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

Not true, some of us thought this was a Brandon Mull forum and only stuck around because we're too cowardly to admit our mistake. 

Welcome, Lilien! How'd you feel about that book where the sword guy did the thing with his sword? He's my favorite character for sure

I’m not sure I know what you’re talking about but my favourite character is also a sword guy who does things with a sword :D 

Heh. This is a bit late, but welcome to the shard! It’s nice to see a new fan come in. Rhythm of War (in my Unpopular opinion) is the best book. 

What’s your view on Jasnahoid? 

Your english is great, by the way. Impressive you know more than one language!

A wizard is never late, isn't he? :D

I haven't read Rhythm of War yet but I think I'll start it next week at the latest (I'm almost done with Oathbringer). 

I have honestly never heard about Jasnahoid before joining the Shard but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced :D They seem like a great, weird, conflicted and fun combination that I'd love to see more of (I don't think they've met yet? I'm not sure, I can't remember at least). Oh, I was also very confused about Hoid because I didn't know that name. Turns out he and Wit are one and the same (at least I think so) :lol:

30 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Your english is great, by the way. Impressive you know more than one language!

Thank you, that means a lot to me! I have no choice but to learn English (and French and Latin) as it is obligartory in school, so here I am, speaking different languages (more or less) :D 

1 minute ago, Lilien Kholin said:

A wizard is never late, isn't he? :D

*strokes long, white beard* Right you are... right you are...

2 minutes ago, Lilien Kholin said:

I haven't read Rhythm of War yet but I think I'll start it next week at the latest (I'm almost done with Oathbringer).

I have honestly never heard about Jasnahoid before joining the Shard but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced :D They seem like a great, weird, conflicted and fun combination that I'd love to see more of (I don't think they've met yet? I'm not sure, I can't remember at least). Oh, I was also very confused about Hoid because I didn't know that name. Turns out he and Wit are one and the same (at least I think so) :lol:

Thank you. They are a great, weird conflicted and fun combination everyone should want to see more of. You're right, Hoid is Wit. Some people do not support my Jasnahoid ship... so thanks. I am recruiting more members by the second... soon, Jasnahoid shippers will rule the Shard!

4 minutes ago, Lilien Kholin said:

Thank you, that means a lot to me! I have no choice but to learn English (and French and Latin) as it is obligartory in school, so here I am, speaking different languages (more or less) :D 

My school makes me learn French (or I chose French as my language) and Latin (no choice here...) too.

3 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Thank you. They are a great, weird conflicted and fun combination everyone should want to see more of. You're right, Hoid is Wit. Some people do not support my Jasnahoid ship... so thanks. I am recruiting more members by the second... soon, Jasnahoid shippers will rule the Shard!

I feel honoured to be your new recruit. Am I a squire now? Is this a new form of Knight Radiants? The Radiants of Jasnahoid shippers? I’m officially a Bondsmith (according to the official test) so I will unite. Will I unite Jasna and Hoid??

Jasnah will absolutely hate Hoid at first and he will love to annoy her, there’s nothing to avoid that

4 hours ago, Lilien Kholin said:

I feel honoured to be your new recruit. Am I a squire now? Is this a new form of Knight Radiants? The Radiants of Jasnahoid shippers? I’m officially a Bondsmith (according to the official test) so I will unite. Will I unite Jasna and Hoid??

Thanks :) Also OH MY GOSH YES we will be called The Knights Radiant of Jasnahoid Shippers.  

4 hours ago, Lilien Kholin said:

Jasnah will absolutely hate Hoid at first and he will love to annoy her, there’s nothing to avoid that

Nothing at all. Just read on, my friend, and see what you find.

Also, thanks for the follow!

On 6/29/2022 at 3:01 PM, Archer said:

Lol, that's the sort of thing I would do. Wait, are there Brandon Mull forums?

@SymphonianBookworm, can I join the Knights Radiant of Jasnahoid Shippers? What is our First Ideal?

On 7/1/2022 at 8:03 AM, Lilien Kholin said:

I have no choice but to learn English (and French and Latin) as it is obligartory in school, so here I am, speaking different languages (more or less) :D 

Three languages at once? Wow... are you anywhere near as good with French and Latin as you are with English? Seriously, half the people I know have worse English than you (and that drives me crazy)

4 hours ago, Luckspren said:

@SymphonianBookworm, can I join the Knights Radiant of Jasnahoid Shippers? What is our First Ideal?

Absolutely. I always love to have new members. I'm thinking of started a guild of Jasnahoid shippers... The First Ideal shalt be... Jasnahoid is the best ship, put simply.