I just got someone extremely hyped about reading Way of Kings

S. Stormy

Soo, (over email) I said I had a crush on a book character. One of the people I know asked what it was from, guessed WoK(because I try really hard to get her to read it all the time). So I said yes, google Kaladin, and she found one where he's especially handsome, then she got more interested. I said, "read the ebook sample" then warned her about the prelude and prologue. She wanted to skip, so I said what they were about, she got more interested, and long story short(or I guess long story slightly less long) continued dropping quotes and telling her that Kaladin is brooding, until after I sent the quote,

"Kaladin. Don't let this destroy you."

"It can't. Amaram already took care of that."

I got this back:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSSS. BEAUTIFUL GOLLY I HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN TO YOU BEFORE???? YOU WHO IS SO WISE IN THE WAY OF BOOKS. I BOW BEFORE YOU, YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT.

So, it's safe to say

I HAVE CORRUPTED ANOTHER!

mwahahaha

That's so cool that you got your friend to read it by just quoting Kaladin all the time.

Someday I hope my brother will read Stormlight, probably because he is curious as to why I keep saying that irony tastes like sausage.

I just got my mom to read WoK. I'm so exited. My neighbor told my dad t read it and he said it was good but not really his style. Then I read it and immediately became obsessed. I recently got my brother to read the Emporer's soul, and I keep pushing MIstborn and Elantris on him. Now my mom is getting into The Stormlight Archive, and basically yay.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Shallan Stormblessed, you definitely have done the right thing :D

I too have converted my best friend lately. She didn’t have a chance to resist me, I can be really charming. And convincing. And annoying.
I think I got her when I sent her a scene of Sadeas complaining about Dalinar‘s clothes? She is halfway through WoK now and keeps laughing about him. Yesterday she even sent me a message saying that she kinda likes Sadeas and considers to make her FanFiction character (I am really convincing) his daughter. It’s hard not to give a reaction

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: I came to school Monday morning to her admitting she'd gotten into it. And yesterday she said the Zeroth Ideal of the Sanderfans Radiant:

"I am so glad you made me read this."

EDIT:

She has now finished. With joy.

Oh my goodness. Bro. The battle just finished, and Kaladin is free and finally found a light eyes that has honor, and dalinar kicked the king around and everything is amazing and this is such an amazing book and I love all of these characters especially Kaladin and I really really really hate sadeas he’s the worse person ever but oh my goodness this is one of the best books ever and everything is amazing and I’m so happy and everyone is so cool and I love them all. Except Sadeas. 

Then:

Oh my goodness the emotional turmoil that has been the last hour. My mind: blown. My heart: dead and gone. My throat: sore from screaming

EDIT AGAIN:
Introducing...  @I♥Kaladin4eva

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed