Quick-Fix 61 - What Money Can Buy

xinoehp512

1 hour ago, JNV said:

I said this earlier but say you do that then youre just bidding against the entire elim team who are going to fight you for it with one up bids so then you have to spend lots of money anyway so its not really that helpful so Im against ok have a nice day  

Only the richest villager's bids matter in this situation since they can afford the most and a bunch of lesser bids are irrelevant and wasteful. Even if failed bids didn't cost money it would be wasting actions. Of course, you can never be sure that the richest person is a villager, or is even the richest since they may have spent money.

Failed bids costing money is in the clarifications.

Does your money get spent if your bid isn't accepted?

Yes. Bid wisely.

42 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don’t think that spreading the vote for the sake of money is a good idea, but I guess everyone’s trying to do that, huh >> Sorry for not being around as much as usual, but I’m out of town and restricted mostly to mobile so this is what you get :P

I don’t think there’s any reason for Tani to die, Archer said that one thing but I don’t really agree with that. I currently like Archer/JNV/Stick but I haven’t read anything close enough to comfortably read them village. Clanky and Luckspren are out of the question for me because returning/new, and that doesn’t leave a lot of people.

I don’t think the vote should be overly split. An extra boxing isn’t worth that much :P.

You're not getting any boxings from voting for me since JNV voted first. If you want to kill me you can keep your vote here since you don't care about boxings but if you do want me dead you should say so since it doesn't look like that's what you're claiming to want. If you're looking at Flask to see that Luckspren should die you should have noticed the vote count.

Edit: Apparently you do want me to die, and you like Archer/JNV/Stick as villagers instead of suspects. Carry on.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I’m surprised you went with this option as opposed to the option of me just not paying that much attention :P. I think I knew that you and JNV expressed suspicion of Tani, I definitely knew Archer had, but I guess I didn’t put that together with the thought of earning boxings. Though I dunno if I’d have kept my vote if I had noticed, since I think I value consolidation and voting true more than I do boxings. So thanks for the v read, I guess? :P

Edit: @Luckspren you’re currently slated to die to the blackmail filter

I mean I brought this up in my post earlier so I think it was fair to assume you'd noticed :P I brought up the fact that the thread has to decide whether to give away many boxings to one player who may or may not be evil or to leave an unconsolidated exe at risk of influence from vote manip. You did address the part about consolidating votes in your post so it's odd that you didn't notice the part where the discussion leader gets all those delicious boxings :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Archer said:

How'd you have a bad gut read on JNV before they posted? Did you read their post before posting?

Yeah like I said in the parentheses, JNV ninja'd me while I was typing up that post so I skimmed their post before putting down that 'reads list' if you can call it that lmao. Not a fan of the fact that they quoted 24 different posts smh it should be NAI I know but I can't help but sense ulterior motives ;eyes;

Also can anyone remind me what the case against Devo is?

13 hours ago, Luckspren said:

Isn't that a little bit suicidal? It may be a way to possibly gain more boxings, but this is a small pool of players, and an extra vote on you every round seems like tempting fate a bit much.

I imagine Archer, TUN, and anyone else using the self-vote strategy would change their votes if they were at risk, so it's not that suicidal. Money isn't valuable if you're dead after all, even if one extra boxing is worth squeezing out if it looks like you might not die. Let's see who's willing to spend money just to kill me.

Vote=Tani

18 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Edit: Apparently you do want me to die, and you like Archer/JNV/Stick as villagers instead of suspects. Carry on.

Kinda developing a Stick suspicion, but I think that’s more a next cycle thing to explore. It’s based loosely on her village reading me too easy and in general reading everyone too easy.

Probably won’t be back before cycle end. Hope Tani’s village, cause you’ll misexe me if she’s not >>

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

@xinoehp512 what happens if someone vote manips Mat's vote away? Will Archer (the second vote on the train) be getting the boxings earned from the leader of discussion thing instead?

Vote manipulation does not affect Leader of Discussion; boxings rewarded will reflect the official vote count at the end of the cycle.

1 hour left in the cycle!

Edited by xinoehp512

9 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I think the self-vote strategy is completely NAI since it seems like Archer came up with it before the game began so not gonna try and read into that. I think I'm missing some part of the rules - where exactly do the rules say anything about a post needing to be 200 words long? All I've been able to find is the rule stating that responses should be 50 words long. 

Hey! You are correct, we have played before! And I am the same Stick! Welcome back :D. Sorry, I forgot this game was meant to begin yesterday xD. I saw my name here so I decided to response to this one bit but I've actually got to be somewhere urgently at this moment so I haven't read much of the other posts but I should be doing that soon. And here I was thinking I should aim for Loudest Voice in all cycles...

I'm glad to have one recognizable name playing in this game. 

3 hours ago, Archer said:

I'll +1 that sentiment, with the caveat that some people here will answer in bad faith as they are on the opposite team. So your GM PM is your best resource for definitively true answers. 

I'm not sure I've ever seen an elim lie in response to a question about basic gameplay or rules. It seems like something that would be easily caught and also it's just a dick move to lie to a new player who is just trying to understand what's goin on.

2 hours ago, JNV said:

Just realised how annoying this post will be for like everyone involved sorry bout that but MONEY hahaha ok bye see you later

Some thoughts in response to JNVs  post (i deleted most of the content in the quote to avoid this post being ridiculously long):

1. I don't think poke votes are useless. They can be a tool to get people to interact answer questions or just see how people react. Now if all someone does is poke votes that can be suspicions since they aren't really participating in the voting process and are possibly trying to fly under the radar.
  2. Bandwagons are also not necessarily bad. If there's someone you think should die you should want the vote to not be easily changed by vote manipulation. It's just in this case that votes also give someone money and you should be careful about who you trust with your money.
  3. I'm already starting to find the Loudest Voice mechanic kinda annoying in general. I like stuff that encourages activity, Active on the Floor works well, but loudest voice incentivizes huge posts that are difficult to read, tough to properly respond to, and hard to quote for further responses. Smaller targeted posts make the thread easier to read and just in general are easier to interact with. I know people want to get Loudest voice but can we try and make it a bit easier to follow what's going on? 

Looks like the cycle ends 2 hours later than I thought it did. I don't really think Tani is evil but anything else would require me to buy a bribe and I'm not feeling too bad about TUN, Stick, or Clanky. I do lean elim on Mat for real, non-monetary reasons but that's not viable. His last post reads as if he knows Tani is village, and his opinions of Stick make it seem like he knows her alignment too. I guess I can switch as many times as I want though so

vote=Matrim

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Probably won’t be back before cycle end. Hope Tani’s village, cause you’ll misexe me if she’s not >>

Definitely thought the cycle ended 57 minutes ago lol

What I meant to say here is:

I hope Tani is elim because then an elim is dead.

:D.

QF61 Cycle 2: Silence in the Halls

Senator Found Dead in Home! the broadsheet headline read. Jekiel shuddered, looking around at his own living quarters. Spacious and luxurious, for certain- but perhaps not as safe as he had once assumed. He flicked his eyes to a shadow- had that been the movement of an assassin? Or just the wind?

He let out a shuddering sigh. Maybe he should flee the city. Was keeping his seat really worth risking his life?

I don't have anything to worry about, he assured himself forcefully. Jeral Venture had been one of the most outspoken members of the pro-tariff movement. Jekiel hadn't been associated with them even before the murders, and he'd taken steps to distance himself from them afterwards- the Outer Basin Assassins should have no reason to come after him. 

I'm safe, he assured himself. I'm safe.

--

While there were those who decried Ziel Lekal for his well-known associations with Outer Basin cities, an investigation into his activities was forestalled by a discovery that another member of the Senate had been accepting bribes from factory owners. Public outcry over the incident eclipsed almost even the murders for a week or two in the broadsheets, and the senator in question eventually resigned.

A shadowy figure read the news carefully, sheet pinched between two fingers. They released it thoughtfully and watched as the wind carried it up into the sky.

The news was too full, now. Their secrets, revealed now, would be quickly forgotten. Useless.

Their debtor would survive another day. But this was their last chance.

JNV was killed! They were a Senator!

Tani was investigated! They were a Senator!

@Luckspren's debts have been forgiven for this cycle! As a reminder, Active on the Floor rewards one boxing for each unique player responded to.

Vote count:

Tani (3): Archer, _Stick_, Devotary of Spontaneity

Devotary of Spontaneity (2): JNV, Matrim's Dice

The Unknown Novel (1): The Unknown Novel

_Stick_ (1): Clanky

Clanky (1): Tani

JNV was the Loudest Voice!

Reminders:

The cycle ends on June 29 2PM EDT (6PM GMT).

All PMs must include myself and @Araris Valerian.

Link to the Tally Website

DO NOT edit in a vote flag unless you made a colored vote and forgot to include the vote flag in the post with it OR you are the most recent post.

in most cases, what the program says goes. This goes for all three tallies, including the vote count. The only exceptions are:

• if you forget to put in a vote flag (i.e. you have a color-vote occurring after any or no vote-flags)
  • if your vote is flagged but you include a color-vote in the same post that disambiguates it. 

Please include only one vote flag in any post. 

Anything you feel should not count as "game related" should go in a quote box such as this one.

Link to the rules post.

Link to the rules doc.

Participants

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice as Geoffrey.
  2. @The Unknown Novel as Hammonda.
  3. @JNV Senator
  4. @Archer as Senator McCarty.
  5. @Tani Senator
  6. @Clanky
  7. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Ziel Lekal
  8. @_Stick_
  9. @Luckspren

Action Shop

Spoiler

Bribes (3+) available: 6

Bodyguards (5+) available: 1

Assassins (9+) available: 1

Verified Names

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice: Matrim
  2. @The Unknown Novel: TUN
  3. @Archer: Archer
  4. @Clanky: Clanky
  5. @Devotary of Spontaneity: Devotary
  6. @_Stick_: Stick
  7. @Luckspren: Luckspren

Final Results for Last Cycle

Spoiler

Vote Count:

Tani (3): Archer, _Stick_, Devotary of Spontaneity

Devotary of Spontaneity (2): JNV, Matrim's Dice

The Unknown Novel (1): The Unknown Novel

_Stick_ (1): Clanky

Clanky (1): Tani

Loudest Voice Leaderboard:

1. JNV (24)
  2. _Stick_ (15)
  3. Archer (14)
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity (9)
  5. Clanky (7)
  6. The Unknown Novel (6)
  7. Matrim's Dice (6)
  8. Tani (6)
  9. Luckspren (3)

Active on the Floor Score:

1. Archer (8)
  2. Devotary of Spontaneity (8)
  3. _Stick_ (8)
  4. JNV (8)
  5. The Unknown Novel (5)
  6. Clanky (5)
  7. Matrim's Dice (5)
  8. Tani (4)
  9. Luckspren (2)

Not as busy for the rest of the day, should be able to reread and make an actual post. Instinctively think that my Stick thought holds up but we’ll see how I read things later

That cycle did not end when I thought it would. Other things are confusing me too.

--Why’d JNV die? It indicates an elim team active after he posted, which gives me an excuse to discount Luckspren as a suspect for now. I’m also getting a light v!Clanky vibe from it because he explicitly called JNV out for making a wallpost that was hard to parse, which seems bold for an elim about to kill them out of spite. If it’s about his vote on Devo, it could be e!Devo, but we’ll get to that in a moment. Or maybe this was just about the money, since I believe he was due to receive the Loudest Voice honors.

--Why was there no vote manipulation? E!Devo had the money to solidify their position, so either they saw Tani wasn’t on to self pres and knew that vote manip would look suspicious when they were ostensibly trying to diversify the wagons. Or they’re village, which is what I’m going with here.

-Why’d TUN keep his vote in place? It’s such a ridiculous risk to take in a game with vote manipulation and Devo trying to disrupt the 2:2 wagons by making them 2:2:1+ instead of 2:3. Village points for having a casual disregard for their own life.

Not as busy for the rest of the day, should be able to reread and make an actual post. Instinctively think that my Stick thought holds up but we’ll see how I read things later

You really should vote for people early if you're going to suss them anyway. Those EoD comments didn't look great so I'll provide an example of how to do it :P.

vote=Mat

What were you Stick thoughts again? I haven't read the EoD yet and will probably only skim it. Also, I am just going to ramble so I can get to fifty words, Xino, if you have a problem with that, just tell me, or doc me a boxing or whatever. Oh, looky there. Here I am.

41 minutes ago, Archer said:

That cycle did not end when I thought it would. Other things are confusing me too.

-Why’d TUN keep his vote in place? It’s such a ridiculous risk to take in a game with vote manipulation and Devo trying to disrupt the 2:2 wagons by making them 2:2:1+ instead of 2:3. Village points for having a casual disregard for their own life.

Same, I had absolutely no idea when it ended and went through a Roller coaster of emotions. 

Because I checked just a couple of minutes before End of Day and saw that I only had a single vote whereas the lead train had three, so I wasn't all that worried about dying that turn.

10 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Welcome! :D Everyone has to earn (and passively spend) 3 boxings per cycle in order to survive and not get killed by the filter - since JNV hasn't yet posted, their life is at risk. CC is short for Contribution Crusade - basically getting rid of the inactives. A welcome poke I think is less about grabbing someone's attention and more about getting discussion going, which I don't necessarily think works, but it's better than a silent thread. Everything you've said in your post counts as game related content, and so does any role play iirc. Also, who instructed you to ask these questions from your google doc? :ph34r: 

Okay, so I need to post more... a lot more... got it. If I end up dying, I'd rather it not be the bot that killed me- that's not gonna help us figure out who's evil.

Who instructed me to ask questions from my google doc? Um... what? I wrote in google docs because it has word count, but... am I missing something here? Why is this sus?

7 hours ago, JNV said:

HI hi hi am here sorry for not existing yesterday I was kinda dead and in a no internet zone sorry but also hmmph why vote me off so useless so wasteful Im not really mad abotu it being me Im mad people arent trying to do things because there is suspicion which damages our chances in fiture cycles so hmmph hmmph hmmph! 

This is psosibly the worst idea cause we wnat to 1. actually do useful things with our votes 2. max village money its not a free for all its a team game so why not actually help each other grrr this is like standard Archer weird plans blah balh blah but this one actually hurts us its a selfish idea that is kind of inherently suspicious cause its a strong case to not vote on you now so hmm but backburner hm cause you do this every time so also grrr

Why do you care if you punch peopl in the face as you die its fine if people earn money off your death its fine if money flows its good for the econmy you know like usually when we vote you its cause theres a good reason and this whole strategy and the vote money system in general just encuorages a lack of cohesion in the votes which allowed elim led trains to floruish and grow and give them money and they dont care if you die vs if anyone not self voting dies so yeah its not really helpful

(Lots removed here so this doesn't take up the whole page)

Just realised how annoying this post will be for like everyone involved sorry bout that but MONEY hahaha ok bye see you later

This post is so long (and worse, so misspelled and ungrammatical) that I didn't read it the first time. Now that we know it's not an elim attempt at wasting our time, is it worth it to go back through and actually read it? It seems kinda rambly but also some good insight. Opinions? 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

That cycle did not end when I thought it would. 

When does this cycle end? I don't see any indicators, and I didn't see any for the last cycle either... kinda unhelpful. They're 24 hours apiece, right? @xinoehp512, could we get that info and also reminders halfway and maybe 3/4 of the way through? That would make it easier to keep track of what's going on. 

Edit: Whoops, found the indicator... never mind

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

What were you Stick thoughts again? I haven't read the EoD yet and will probably only skim it. Also, I am just going to ramble so I can get to fifty words, Xino, if you have a problem with that, just tell me, or doc me a boxing or whatever. Oh, looky there. Here I am.

EoD stands for End of Day, right?

It's spelled 'dock' if you mean 'to take away part of the money that is paid to someone'.

I would also like to know if rambling is an okay tactic... it actually requires some thought to come up with 50 relevant words. Shoot, this is only 49... not anymore.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

--Why was there no vote manipulation? E!Devo had the money to solidify their position, so either they saw Tani wasn’t on to self pres and knew that vote manip would look suspicious when they were ostensibly trying to diversify the wagons. Or they’re village, which is what I’m going with here.

Is vote manipulation the Bribe thing available in the action shop? How does it work?

Also FYI Archer, you have way over 50 words, a quote, then under 50 words... rearrange that a little and you'd get more boxings. Dunno if one boxing matters, but that difference would have gotten me kicked out of the game if xino hadn't decided to be nice to the newbie (By the way, thanks! This post is me attempting to make sure that won't be a problem again).

Edit: Yep, that's enough spewing to keep me alive this round. Yay!

Edited by Luckspren
Found the end of cycle time

1 hour ago, Archer said:

--Why’d JNV die? It indicates an elim team active after they posted, which gives me an excuse to discount Luckspren as a suspect for now. I’m also getting a light v!Clanky vibe from it because he explicitly called JNV out for making a wallpost that was hard to parse, which seems bold for an elim about to kill them out of spite. If it’s about their vote on Devo, it could be e!Devo, but we’ll get to that in a moment. Or maybe this was just about the money, since I believe they were due to receive the Loudest Voice honors.

--Why was there no vote manipulation? E!Devo had the money to solidify her position, so either she saw Tani wasn’t on to self pres and knew that vote manip would look suspicious when she was ostensibly trying to diversify the wagons. Or she's village, which is what I’m going with here.

You really should vote for people early if you're going to suss them anyway. Those EoD comments didn't look great so I'll provide an example of how to do it :P.

Killing a village loudest voice is a reasonable choice for the elims to make, since it prevents villagers from purchasing assassins and bodyguards.

I could have bought vote manipulation but it's expensive and it didn't seem like anyone cared enough about my death to get me killed. Had I stronger suspicions of Tani being an elim I probably would have bought a bribe.

Free boxing for TUN. I would have preferred exing Mat to Tani last cycle but I knew if it didn't take off I would switch back. I should have been on faster this cycle since now vote=Matrim doesn't earn boxings.

19 minutes ago, Luckspren said:

Who instructed me to ask questions from my google doc? Um... what? I wrote in google docs because it has word count, but... am I missing something here? Why is this sus?

EoD stands for End of Day, right?

I would also like to know if rambling is an okay tactic... it actually requires some thought to come up with 50 relevant words. Shoot, this is only 49... not anymore.

Is vote manipulation the Bribe thing available in the action shop? How does it work?

Also FYI Archer, you have way over 50 words, a quote, then under 50 words... rearrange that a little and you'd get more boxings. Dunno if one boxing matters, but that difference would have gotten me kicked out of the game if xino hadn't decided to be nice to the newbie (By the way, thanks! This post is me attempting to make sure that won't be a problem again).

Edit: Yep, that's enough spewing to keep me alive this round. Yay!

The elims have a shared google doc to communicate in and they'll often ask questions there. EoD is end of day. The bot can't tell which words are relevant or not so inefficient sentences are fine.

Bribes are vote manipulation. You would send in an order in the PM Xino sent you at the beginning of the game to purchase a bribe and tell him which vote you're moving and to where.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Because I checked just a couple of minutes before End of Day and saw that I only had a single vote whereas the lead train had three, so I wasn't all that worried about dying that turn.

Fair enough, but Devo could have pretty easily used a vote manip to build on your wagon and make a tie between you and Tani. Actually your vote plus two from Devo would make a three vote wagon, which would have won. So you should be more careful about that in future. At least pick someone who might be an elim in your eyes. 

I just realized it was probably a NK avoidance tactic never mind

3 hours ago, Luckspren said:

When does this cycle end? I don't see any indicators, and I didn't see any for the last cycle either... kinda unhelpful. They're 24 hours apiece, right? @xinoehp512, could we get that info and also reminders halfway and maybe 3/4 of the way through? That would make it easier to keep track of what's going on. 

Hey Xino, it'd be cool if you could code a cycle countdown clock into your website. Maybe that's a thing you incorporate next time around or for a longer game. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I forgot I needed 50 words in my response to a quote, I was thinking that I just needed a quote plus a one word response. But I think I understand now. 

3 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I could have bought vote manipulation but it's expensive and it didn't seem like anyone cared enough about my death to get me killed. Had I stronger suspicions of Tani being an elim I probably would have bought a bribe.

Free boxing for TUN. I would have preferred exing Mat to Tani last cycle but I knew if it didn't take off I would switch back. I should have been on faster this cycle since now vote=Matrim doesn't earn boxings.

Well we only have two more cycles of play to go, so spending money this round would be a good idea. I'd still prefer strong consolidation to keep the pool of potential Bodyguard buyers large, but this is an important cycle, so buying vote manip would be a reasonable idea. We can assume the elims will probably go for a hammer if we don't promise to counter with manip of our own. 

And it earns me boxings!:P. Thank you for your contribution. 

6 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Instinctively think that my Stick thought holds up but we’ll see how I read things later

Going by my shortlist I've come up with, you and Stick are my two top suspects, so I'll appreciate your eventual case against them. I've penciled in Luckspren as a potential teammate of one of you, which would explain the GM's generosity Losing an elim messes with the balance more than losing a villager does. That's meta speculation though, so I'm putting it on the backburner. 

Just some advice for people:

The website doesn't like lists. I lost a boxing last cycle cause my response to JNV was a list and the website did not consider it a 50 word response.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

--Why’d JNV die? It indicates an elim team active after he posted, which gives me an excuse to discount Luckspren as a suspect for now. I’m also getting a light v!Clanky vibe from it because he explicitly called JNV out for making a wallpost that was hard to parse, which seems bold for an elim about to kill them out of spite. If it’s about his vote on Devo, it could be e!Devo, but we’ll get to that in a moment. Or maybe this was just about the money, since I believe he was due to receive the Loudest Voice honors.

vote=Mat

It was always likely dangerous to be the richest person in this game. The infiltrators probably don't want vigilantes running around unless they think they know who they'll be assassinating :ph34r:

By targeting the rich people maybe they are hoping to try and scare people away from talking too much. If this is a legit strategy then they may be aiming to be middling in boxings earned. Or they can avoid targeting the next Loudest Voice and this means nothing. I forgot how complicated this stuff gets.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Same, I had absolutely no idea when it ended and went through a Roller coaster of emotions. 

I do think that it's easier to leave a vote on yourself when you know there won't be a coordinated effort by some secret group with a google doc to potentially change the lynch target. I do also think it is strange how TUN went from working to win the pregame loudest voice (even as a joke) only to immediately fall down to being out of the top 5 for most replies and not even replying to all the players for active on the floor. It almost seems to me that some extra knowledge on the game starting changed the strategy to be more under the radar.

vote=TUN

Question for people who have played more recently, is TUN normally among the most active players? Was the sign-up activity more normal or the level of activity during the game?

Edited by Clanky
misspelled vote tag

11 minutes ago, Clanky said:

I do think that it's easier to leave a vote on yourself when you know there won't be a coordinated effort by some secret group with a google doc to potentially change the lynch target. I do also think it is strange how TUN went from working to win the pregame loudest voice (even as a joke) only to immediately fall down to being out of the top 5 for most replies and not even replying to all the players for active on the floor. It almost seems to me that some extra knowledge on the game starting changed the strategy to be more under the radar.

vot=TUN

Question for people who have played more recently, is TUN normally among the most active players? Was the sign-up activity more normal or the level of activity during the game?

You'll probably need to add an e to your vote code @Clanky

I think their signup level of activity was higher than usual in service of a joke. Of late, they tend to either be fairly active or completely AWOL for hours, so I hadn't clocked them as having unusual activity levels this game. My counter argument there would be why go for past fifth place? There was enough people who got the full eight boxings from Active on the Floor that you could blend in. I think the allure of action buying would be strong enough to incentivize greedy gameplay from the elims. 

Why apply this logic to TUN and not Mat? You could make a similar case

10 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hope Tani’s village, cause you’ll misexe me if she’s not

Hopes someone about to die is village? Sus...

but I'm not going to trust my instincts too much because...  I was reading back through posts, getting vague E! reads on Mat and Devo- then realizing that makes no sense with Mat voting for Devo and Devo voting for Mat twice... so it's highly unlikely to be both of them. So now I'm just confused...

38 minutes ago, Clanky said:

It was always likely dangerous to be the richest person in this game.

Who is the richest? Did JNV get his loudest voice boxings before death, or did they transfer to @_Stick_? If they don't transfer to the nest person in line, then Archer, Devo, and Stick, should all have 5 boxings right now unless they bought something or I miscounted. 

Archer's leading Loudest Voice rn

Edited by Luckspren

27 minutes ago, Archer said:

You'll probably need to add an e to your vote code @Clanky

I think their signup level of activity was higher than usual in service of a joke. Of late, they tend to either be fairly active or completely AWOL for hours, so I hadn't clocked them as having unusual activity levels this game. My counter argument there would be why go for past fifth place? There was enough people who got the full eight boxings from Active on the Floor that you could blend in. I think the allure of action buying would be strong enough to incentivize greedy gameplay from the elims. 

Why apply this logic to TUN and not Mat? You could make a similar case

Thanks, vote is just such a hard word to spell.:P

The reason for not actively going for lots of money could be part of what I was talking about in the first part. If the elims mean to target players with lots of boxings then you don't want to seem suspicious if you are the only high income person who hasn't been killed by the elim kill. It's not a good reason, it's mostly just the change from sign-ups to ingame activity. But maybe that's not weird.  Also matrim didn't leave a vote on themselves which is part of my reasons I'm suspicious of TUN. I also would not add a  third vote to someone this early in a cycle without very good reason, especially when there are no other votes on anyone else yet. 

I don't see it in the rules anywhere, but are we supposed to get the same actions added to the shop every turn? The rules say "There will be a limited number of actions of each type available each cycle, based on player count. Unpurchased actions will roll over into the next cycle.

Since we have less players now are we going to get one assassination every two turns from now on or something like that? Or does the fact that there is still only one assassination and bodyguard available mean that somebody bought them and they just happened to block each other? 

EDIT: I just realized nobody could possibly have bought an assassination cause nobody had 9 extra coins. So I guess hte number of actions added per turn isn't consistent every round

Edited by Clanky
formating

14 minutes ago, Luckspren said:

Hopes someone about to die is village? Sus...

but I'm not going to trust my instincts too much because...  I was reading back through posts, getting vague E! reads on Mat and Devo- then realizing that makes no sense with Mat voting for Devo and Devo voting for Mat twice... so it's highly unlikely to be both of them. So now I'm just confused...

Who is the richest? Did JNV get his loudest voice boxings before death, or did they transfer to @_Stick_? If they don't transfer to the nest person in line, then Archer, Devo, and Stick, should all have 5 boxings right now unless they bought something or I miscounted. 

Boxing payouts happen first so JNV got the 5 boxing and then immediately died. This is confirmed in the write-up (see below):

Archer is currently richest because of the three votes on Tani for Leader of Discussion. If my spreadsheet is right then Archer has 8 boxing and nobody else living has more than 5.

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

JNV was the Loudest Voice!

11 minutes ago, Clanky said:

Or does the fact that there is still only one assassination and bodyguard available mean that somebody bought them and they just happened to block each other?

Assassin is 9+ boxings, blackmail is 3. JNV is the only player who could have bought an assassin, and as he is the only unexplained death... now I'm confused. How did he die? JNV was 'killed', Tani was 'investigated'. What's the difference?

Oh wait, with the 'Leader of Discussion' thing, Archer had 8 or 11 depending on how it was counted. But no... blackmail... still max of 8 boxings to spend... Someone with a better math brain, help. Is there any way for anyone but JNV to have bought an assassin?

Also @Clanky, double post

2 minutes ago, Luckspren said:

Assassin is 9+ boxings, blackmail is 3. JNV is the only player who could have bought an assassin, and as he is the only unexplained death... now I'm confused. How did he die? JNV was 'killed', Tani was 'investigated'. What's the difference?

Oh wait, with the 'Leader of Discussion' thing, Archer had 8 or 11 depending on how it was counted. But no... blackmail... still max of 8 boxings to spend... Someone with a better math brain, help. Is there any way for anyone but JNV to have bought an assassin?

Also @Clanky, double post

The elims get a kill and our voting prompts an investigation....which kills its victim. It's a flavor thing. If there'd been an assassination, the GM probably would have called that a kill as well. 

What usually happens is the GM uses their discretion to decide what items are added to the stockpile each round. An item continuing to appear is likely something going unbought, or it was bought but a new one took its place. Meta precedent suggests there will likely not be a pattern to how the resupply goes. 

I ended up with 8, because I paid 3 to the blackmail filter. I got confirmation that I can spend money I earn this round on things, which would allow me to buy an Assassin, but I ran the numbers and we actually lose if we have three village deaths this cycle. If an elim dies to the assassin, we get to 3v:1e instead of 3v:2e from passive play, but both scenarios still leave us at exlo. So I'm most definitely going to buy the Bodyguard instead. For sure. 100%. Guaranteed. :). 

Ex-lo is kill an elim with the public vote or lose the game, by the way. Exe or lose. Also called lylo.