Error message when trying to access the Shard

Robin Sedai

Hi @Robin Sedai,

we're unfortunately experiencing issues with our forum hosting right now and are working with our provider to fix the issue. I thought for some time that it was solve, but the problem persisted unfortunately. I have put measures in place that at least make the forums somewhat usable again for the time being. You might still see timeouts for some actions like posting, though.

I'll post an update here when the issues are fully resolved.

Paleo went to bed and left me with a few instructions. I believe the situation has been resolved perhaps now.

For some additional context, our particular node we were on was hit with some heavy IO failure of some kind, and moving us to a different node seems to have resolved things. 

6 minutes ago, Elf said:

Whooho we're back! 

Also, little bit unrelated, but what's that cloudfare thing? For me it said Ahmedabad but for Robin it says Seattle

That's odd, I assumed Seattle was where their offices/servers/weird techy things were. Is Ahmedabad anywhere near where you live? (you don't have to answer that)

1 minute ago, Robin Sedai said:

That's odd, I assumed Seattle was where their offices/servers/weird techy things were. Is Ahmedabad anywhere near where you live? (you don't have to answer that)

It's LA for me. That's odd, considering I'm closer to Seattle, so that can't be the reasoning. 

23 minutes ago, Robin Sedai said:

yes it is. Ahmedabad is a city in India. i live in mumbai which is also in india

Edited by Elf

7 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

But Seattle is (almost) as far as you can get from where I am. Surely it's got something nearer?

Well, your in China right? Well maybe cloudflare doesn't have many Asian/Eastern European spots, and Seattle is just going East instead of West. Also, it can't be purely location-based because I'm closer to Seattle mine is LA.