Ask Silhouette Anything!

Shining Silhouette

5 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Do you think pineapple belongs on pizza?

Belongs, no. But I don't really have a problem with it.

Key lime pizza is the best though

What is your opinion on the word moist?

Beautiful sounding word imo :P.

Who is your favorite author (besides brandon sanderson)?

My favorites are probably P.G. Wodehouse, Fredrik Backman, and Amor Towles

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Favorite board game?

Do you like 4x games, that is games that work on the four principles of eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate?

I love those kinds of games! Those games are my favorite!

My cousins taught me Scythe over Thanksgiving and it was so fun. We're going to learn Twilight Imperium next

1 minute ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

My cousins taught me Scythe over Thanksgiving and it was so fun. We're going to learn Twilight Imperium next

Scythe is fun, I recently finished playing it with my family before break!

A friend taught me how to play Nemesis over break and was surprised that I managed to survive and win the first game.

Just now, Ookla the Myopic said:

Scythe is fun, I recently finished playing it with my family before break!

A friend taught me how to play Nemesis over break and was surprised that I managed to survive and win the first game.

Are there any cool online versions of these games? It'd be totally awesome to start a club here

Mkay. You have commented on mine. Have some questions!

Least favourite character?

Favourite form of potato?

Do you like TrOMbOnEs?

Would you, possibly, eat a spiked cookie if I gave it to you?

And, finally,

Debonair?

Edited by Ookla the Floofy
270th post. >:D

9 hours ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

Mkay. You have commented on mine. Have some questions!

Why thank you!

Least favourite character?

I don't know if I can say off the top of my head, but I just reread Gatsby and no me gusta Tom Buchanan 

Favourite form of potato?

The pah-tah-toh kind?

Do you like TrOMbOnEs?

wahhhhh

Wahhhhhhhh

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Would you, possibly, eat a spiked cookie if I gave it to you?

Who can say? I mean I can but whatever

And, finally,

Debonair?

My favorite characters in books are the really witty, suave, and charming people and so one of my favorite words is debonair. It's just a really fun word :D.

9 hours ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

My favorite characters in books are the really witty, suave, and charming people and so one of my favorite words is debonair. It's just a really fun word :D.

I agree with this statement! Debonair is just fun to say, has en excellent definition, and creates wonderful platforms for characters! *cough* Hoid *cough*

What would be your optimal death (besides dying peacefully in your sleep at an old age)?

Favorite poem?

What do you think the funniest food is?

When flipping a coin would you call heads or tails?

Are you happy with your life?

What language do you think sounds the coolest to listen to?

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2022 at 0:39 PM, Mr. Misting said:

What would be your optimal death (besides dying peacefully in your sleep at an old age)?

Getting poisoned in a high-stakes logic puzzle (but I die with the satisfaction of having solved it)

Favorite poem?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's a little vanilla, but I love The Road Not Taken by Frost 

What do you think the funniest food is?

Chickenless Nuggets

When flipping a coin would you call heads or tails?

Depends on which kind of trick coin it is

Are you happy with your life?

I would say so. I'm very stressed now, but I think that's a general trend for this time of life

What language do you think sounds the coolest to listen to?

Music. Like literal communication through music. It's the coolest thing ever—absolutely the best

12 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Yes :P

Have you heard of Spirit Island, the board game?

I actually haven't!

29 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I actually haven't!

:O

I must rectify this!

It is a very very fun fully cooperative game. In that every in the game plays a different spirit of which in the base game there are eight, extra expansions add a total of 29 extra spirits. But the main goal of the game is to scare the invaders off of your island before they blight it or before they can't be scared anymore. Mainly you do this by adding your presence to the island, creating areas of your power with which to pound the invaders, scare them silly, or to shove them out of your lands. If there are two of your presence in a single land that creates a sacred site, a site of great power and influence. Each turn you will play power cards that affect the invaders, some are fast, meaning they go before the invaders take their turn and others are slow, meaning they go after the invaders and their actions.

There are two ways to win and at least three ways to lose. You win when at the end of a turn, meaning everyone has taken their actions, including the invaders, and there are no invaders of the specified type on the fear level left on the board. Or you can win by generating enough fear to scare the invaders all the way back to their home, tails tucked between their legs. The first terror level requires you to remove all invaders from the board, the second terror level only requires all towns and cities to be removed, and the third terror level requires only all cities to be removed. And the last terror level means the invaders peed their pants all the way home, utterly terrified of your power over them. 

You can lose by having all of a spirit's presence destroyed by blight or other effects. You can lose if the invader deck ever runs out of cards and you can lose if all the blight on the blight card is ever all gone.

I could explain soooooooo much more, but I'll leave you with the basics for now. :P

Oh yeah, it does come with a kinda steep learning curve, like most board games it will take you longer the first time you play it, but it will go so much quicker the next time. I can do it with just my dad in usually an hour to two hours. Because the more people there are, the longer it tends to take, kinda. But also not, because everyone takes their turns at the same time and then you go til you've done everything and then you start again.

It is only four people, but if you like it, you can get Jagged Earth and get up to six people. Jagged earth does come with a lot of extra stuff, mostly helpful stuff that will help you win, but also things to make it more difficult and ten more spirits.

I should also put that each spirit is unique and has it's own play style because most spirits have four unique power cards that they start with, some do have more, but those are all in expansions :P

44 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

It's a little vanilla, but I love The Road Not Taken by Frost 

Also that is a great poem!

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

What is the answer to this question?

This answer.

Is the answer to this question no?

YNeOs

Have you seen Inception, Interstellar, Tenet, Arrival, and/or Dune, and if so, what is your opinion on them?

Ooh those are just my kinds of movies! I haven't seen Arrival, but I absolutely love the otherones.