Ask Silhouette Anything!

Shining Silhouette

Hey everyone! I joined fairly recently and I'm loving my time here! I saw these around, so I thought I'd better put one up for my 100th post as these threads seem like fun.

So feel free to ask me literally anything! Random, silly, serious/existential—pretty much anything goes, and I'll answer to the best of my ability!

1 hour ago, Robin Sedai said:

Cats or dogs?

I've had good experiences with both, but probably dogs (even though I'm allergic to both). They're so friendly and lovable it's hard not to like a dog. 

Favourite poem? Do you like poetry?

I actually really like poetry, and I'm a bit of a poet myself. My favorite... hmm, that's hard. It's kind of unoriginal, but I love "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. It's really thought provoking and I think about it every once in a while.

If you could speak one other language, what would it be?

I've been taking Spanish in school, and I'm definitely not bad, so I'd probably choose a different language to get variety. It would be nice to know Korean, Japanese or Chinese. My dad and my best friend speak Korean and my friend has been giving me a few lessons, so that would be really cool to learn. 

Which is your favourite of Calvin's alter egos?

Calvin's duplicate cracks me up. That whole sequence is brilliant, culminating in the duplicate's untimely end with a moral compromise spectral release phantasmatron. Hilarious!

Favourite forum game?

I like TPBM. It's fun to learn more about the people who are around the forums at different times. 

• 4 weeks later...

If you could choose a type of spren to become, which one would it be, and why?

If you were a Returned, how long do you think you would go before giving up your Breath to a petitioner?

Favorite flavor of ice cream?

Least favorite kind of pizza?

48 minutes ago, Luckspren said:

If you could choose a type of spren to become, which one would it be, and why?

If we're talking lesser spren, probably either laughterspren (cause I like to laugh), logicspren (cause I like to think), or musicspren (cause I like music). For True Spren, I'd probably be a Cultivationspren because I really like improving myself and I set weekly and monthly goals.

1 hour ago, Luckspren said:

If you were a Returned, how long do you think you would go before giving up your Breath to a petitioner?

I think I would last about 8 months. Long enough to find someone worthy enough, yet long enough that the guilt would begin to crush me.

Favorite flavor of ice cream?

I've always been a fan of lemon sherbet. I tried a Key Lime Pie flavor a couple weeks ago that I found particularly delicious.

Least favorite kind of pizza?

I'm not really a picky eater, but I'd probably have to go with this really gross sour clam thingy that I had on pizza once. That was disgusting. I don't even know what it was, to be honest :lol:

14 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

If we're talking lesser spren, probably either laughterspren (cause I like to laugh), logicspren (cause I like to think), or musicspren (cause I like music). For True Spren, I'd probably be a Cultivationspren because I really like improving myself and I set weekly and monthly goals.

You would be a music spren. Come on.

Favorite Sanderson book?

What TV shows do you watch (if any)?

Favorite sweet?

Last words?

If you had to be famous for something you said/did, what would you want it to be?

2 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

You would be a music spren. Come on.

Very possible :D

Favorite Sanderson book?

WOK. It's pretty much as good as it gets

What TV shows do you watch (if any)?

I watched Severance a couple months ago which was very intriguing. I loved Stranger Things, of course. Brilliant show

Favorite sweet?

I LOVE pie. Pretty much any pie, but lemon meringue and key lime are SUBLIME.

Last words?

"Last words are for idiots who never talked enough! Why, you all--" BOOM.

Okay, but seriously, I have no idea

If you had to be famous for something you said/did, what would you want it to be?

There's a part of me that wishes someday I could give improv piano concerts and be famous for that.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Favorite breed of cat? Favorite breed of dog? Favorite breed of bunny?

Abyssinian Cats, Maltese, and the rabbit kind

1 hour ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

If you could choose the kind of house you wanted to live in, what would it be?

Hmmm... the house kind? I like a mixture of traditional and contemporary styles, so I'd probably choose one somewhere in the middle (maybe leaning a bit towards traditional)

Most prized possession?

I have a box at the top of my closet with my most prized possessions: cards, notes, and things of sentimental value that I look at when I need my day to be brightened. But my most prized possession is probably my piano 

Have you ever dated anyone?

I have. It didn't end well

Favorite color?

BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. My friends always make fun of my monochrome blue outfits

Favorite Song?

The Way Up by Pat Metheny. It's a work of art! It's a 70 minute jazz composition that's beautiful and cool and I think everyone should listen to it at least once. It's been my most listened to song/album the last three years. I have the study score and whenever I fly on the plane I listen to it and follow along and the people next to me always think I'm insane flipping through the music pages like it's an intense branderson novel. :lol:

(Fitting that my 200th post is on my AMA)

4 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

I’m interested now. Care to explain?

Misalignment of temperaments and goals for the future. She wasn't the person I thought she was

3 hours ago, Morningtide said:

If you could own a unicorn or dragon, which would you choose? Axehound or dog? Rhyshadium or aviar?

Dragons are awesome, and I'd love to fly! But I might choose a unicorn just cause I like horse riding, and they can heal like anything, right? So I could do a lot across the world to help medicine and such. And I could get lots of the excitement thrill-seeking with their strength and speed.

Axehound, they seem kinda cool

Aviar! I've always wanted to have a bird

3 hours ago, Morningtide said:

What is your favorite tree?

In terms of specific trees, my siblings and I built a little hideout in this big tree/bush by pruning branches during the course of our childhood. We made this awesome cave in the tree and then made moss carpet! It was so cool! And when we played hide and seek we would climb to the top. Good memories :)

My favorite tree species is cherry blossom! We had one in our front yard and it was absolutely beautiful ^_^

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 8:04 PM, SymphonianBookworm said:

Favorite word?

I really like the words 'suave' and 'debonair'

Favorite candy?

I'm a fan of sour patch watermelon.

Least favorite food?

I don't know if I really have one. I'm not a picky eater. Though I haven't eaten a peanut butter sandwich since I was like 5 because I was disgusted that time I tried it. I like peanut butter with everything else though. 

Which fictional characters do you admire the most?

I like Elend, Psmith (from Mike & Psmith), Wit, Wayne, Sherlock Holmes, and anyone who has some good wit in them. 

Will you join my procrastination club?

I'm afraid I'm already the founder of a nation. As I'm pro-procrastination-nation, I can't support both simultaneously.

Favorite quote?

Oh that's hard. I'm not really sure. The one in my signature is pretty nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 9:41 PM, Cinnamon said:

And this is yours. How is your day going?

It's currently fantastically spectacular :D.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:26 AM, The Halcyon Girl said:

Favorite fantasy?

Probably SA, Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, and the Abhorsen series 

Secret?

Terces??

Best story about the time you won a banana themed contest?

I think it was called "the banana cream pie convention" or something, and I went in as a banana. So, we were all in these bananas suits, and they had this big banana split contest with lots of different toppings on it. They gave me the prize because I was the only one who actually tried to get their attention. There were so many other people, and everyone else just sat there eating their bananas without even trying. SMH my head, right?

To get noticed, I jumped up onto this huge ice cream sundae and started yelling about how my banana wasn't getting any love.

I won unopposed. 

10 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Bees?

How doth the little busy bee
Improve each shining hour,
And gather honey all the day
From every shining flower!

How skilfully she builds her cell!
How neat she spreads the wax!
And labours hard to store it well
With the sweet food she makes.

—Isaac Watts