Tales of Trune

EmulatonStromenkiin

19 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Lysan will run into someone's character. Anyone want to have an interaction?

If no one does, I'll pull out one of the Skiens. Also, Lysan would be most comfortable in the Earth Hextant, as it has many green spaces and parks. Herbalists are common there.

Caelus Lock scowled. It was an expression that often marred his youthful face, twisting his handsome features into contorted ridges that lined his shiny forehead and crooked nose all the way down to his stiff jaw. His frame seemed perpetually tense, muscles clenched in apparent anticipation. His spine was perfectly straight, complimenting a defiant chin that jutted out contentiously at the city. His pupils, paranoiac and mistrusting, swung like pendulums in his eyes and shifted warily at each person that passed. 

He stood on a unloading barge that was filled with people of all sorts and, by consequence, noises of all sorts. Groups of teenagers rushed past him, eagerly chattering about their planned adventures. They energetically sauntered across the floor of the boat, filled with juvenile arrogance and vigor. Next, there were there were the elderly, who walked dignantly, making their way through the throng of people with an air of assurance. Mothers with children in tow guided their families down to the dock, familial jabber drowned out by the harsh call of incoming vessels. The crowd's shape was sculpted by individuals that pushed past the crowds, swiftly navigating their way off the watercraft. 

Caelus waited until the mob somewhat dispersed, then carefully made his way toward the exit. He slipped on his hood, then stepped over into the city streets. Center City. The metropolis of opportunity. He smirked wryly at the colloquialism. For his father, it had certainly proved true- he'd heard all the stories. As a boy, Caelus had often wished to travel here, to make his own fortune as others from the Storm tribe had. Though today, he was here for different reasons. 

He spotted a nearby tavern well lit with festive colors. Lanterns hung in the windows and boisterous noises echoed from inside. Might as well try to blend in, he thought, and walked in to order a drink.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:15 AM, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

Nedwin slowly tried to stumble out of the tavern, interupting some deal or another going on in the back. He tripped over a table and planted his face on the floor. As Nedwin started to get up the guy whose table he tripped over,(equally drunk)pulled a knife on him

On 8/15/2022 at 7:03 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

Caelus Lock scowled. It was an expression that often marred his youthful face, twisting his handsome features into contorted ridges that lined his shiny forehead and crooked nose all the way down to his stiff jaw. His frame seemed perpetually tense, muscles clenched in apparent anticipation. His spine was perfectly straight, complimenting a defiant chin that jutted out contentiously at the city. His pupils, paranoiac and mistrusting, swung like pendulums in his eyes and shifted warily at each person that passed. 

He stood on a unloading barge that was filled with people of all sorts and, by consequence, noises of all sorts. Groups of teenagers rushed past him, eagerly chattering about their planned adventures. They energetically sauntered across the floor of the boat, filled with juvenile arrogance and vigor. Next, there were there were the elderly, who walked dignantly, making their way through the throng of people with an air of assurance. Mothers with children in tow guided their families down to the dock, familial jabber drowned out by the harsh call of incoming vessels. The crowd's shape was sculpted by individuals that pushed past the crowds, swiftly navigating their way off the watercraft. 

Caelus waited until the mob somewhat dispersed, then carefully made his way toward the exit. He slipped on his hood, then stepped over into the city streets. Center City. The metropolis of opportunity. He smirked wryly at the colloquialism. For his father, it had certainly proved true- he'd heard all the stories. As a boy, Caelus had often wished to travel here, to make his own fortune as others from the Storm tribe had. Though today, he was here for different reasons. 

He spotted a nearby tavern well lit with festive colors. Lanterns hung in the windows and boisterous noises echoed from inside. Might as well try to blend in, he thought, and walked in to order a drink.

Caelus Entered the tavern just in time to see Nedwin about to get knifed.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:36 AM, SymphonianBookworm said:

Clanda walked off the boat, behind the siblings. She wasn’t really sure where she was supposed to go, so she just followed the older, mature one, since she seemed to know where she was going. She walked a bit faster and caught up. “Hey, my name’s Clanda. I saw you and your sister on the barge. What’s your name? Where are you from?” She supposed it was awfully forward of her to just run up and introduce herself to someone, but if one wanted to meet knew people, that’s what one must do. 

Rith startled at the words. "Uh, hello. Uh, I'm Rith. I'm from Pyrstnall. Um, you?

I'm assuming you meant Rith.

How heavy of an accent would everyone have? I'm guessing mine dwelling would have a more extreme version of a standard fire tribe accent. 

"hey hey chill" Nedwin slurred."shoot. He didnt have any money to pay the guy, and he was having a hard time accessing magic while he was so heavily inebriated.  Nedwin tripped backwards over a chair. Nedwin saw the man standing over him and reconsidered his choices. Nedwin had broken his parents trust. Interacted with shadier people than he should have, and never lifted a finger once. He whimpered as the knife flashed, and wished that he had done more with his life, maybe adventured, done some good for once.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Rith startled at the words. "Uh, hello. Uh, I'm Rith. I'm from Pyrstnall. Um, you?

“Where I’m from doesn’t matter anymore! I’m free!” Clanda said with a bright smile on her face. This hid the fact that she didn’t completely trust Rith, and this seemed the best way—paired with a chipper personality—to avoid the question while getting her to power her guard.  “Well, for the time being. Anyway, where are you going? I want to pop into a tavern or something. I think I saw one! I really do hate bars, but you can always meet the most interesting people there. Want to come?” Without turning to see if Rith followed, she exuberantly ran to the building she had mentioned. As she pushed open the door, she immediately saw a very drunk man on the floor while someone was about to knife him. “STOP!” She yelped, leaping forward in a most unladylike manner. “What’s the matter? Don’t just... stab the guy! That’s barbaric! Assuming this is because he didn’t pay, I can! How much does he owe?”

I was talking about Rith. I said the Clanda turned around without seeing if Rith follow to make sure if you didn’t want to go you didn’t have to-

@HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES

28 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Is this the same tavern that Cherry's at?

yes, everyone is at the same tavern.

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

How heavy of an accent would everyone have? I'm guessing mine dwelling would have a more extreme version of a standard fire tribe accent.

everyone speaks what is functionally their common tongue. you can give him an accent if you want.

4 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

“Where I’m from doesn’t matter anymore! I’m free!” Clanda said with a bright smile on her face. This hid the fact that she didn’t completely trust Rith, and this seemed the best way—paired with a chipper personality—to avoid the question while getting her to power her guard.  “Well, for the time being. Anyway, where are you going? I want to pop into a tavern or something. I think I saw one! I really do hate bars, but you can always meet the most interesting people there. Want to come?” Without turning to see if Rith followed, she exuberantly ran to the building she had mentioned. As she pushed open the door, she immediately saw a very drunk man on the floor while someone was about to knife him. “STOP!” She yelped, leaping forward in a most unladylike manner. “What’s the matter? Don’t just... stab the guy! That’s barbaric! Assuming this is because he didn’t pay, I can! How much does he owe?”

@HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES

The man with the knife turned to her with a grunt. "He owes us nine Nort," he slurred, gesturing to the two others sitting at the table with him. "Hess not a good gambler." The man spread a toothless grin/

1 minute ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The man with the knife turned to her with a grunt. "He owes us nine Nort," he slurred, gesturing to the two others sitting at the table with him. "Hess not a good gambler." The man spread a toothless grin/

Clanda quickly extracted the money from her purse, adding an extra Nort for good measure. Sure, it was most of her money, but... nine Nort to save a life? She’d pay that ten times over. “Here. Now, can you please let him go?”

Nedwin tottered over to Clanda, profusely thanking her. "Oh thankyou thankyou thankyou i'll work to pay you back, anything.  Nedwin hoped that working with a more reputable citizen might afford him some protection from the crime syndicate that hated his guts. Some people just couldnt take a joke. 

15 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Somewhat shocked, Cherry leaned in to ask the bartender, "Is it always like this in the city?"

The bartender sighed. "You're in a dockside tavern, so most places are better than this. This is much worse than normal for this tavern, though. If it keeps up, I'll have to kick people out."

Caelus watched the scene, sadistically intrigued. He'd heard that the people of the city were barbarians, but he'd hadn't realized they were this uncivilized. He'd have to watch himself even more carefully here. 

He nonchalantly walked towards the table where the man who had pulled a knife. The knife-wielder sat with two intensely inebriated men, playing cards and laughing uproariously. He and his comrades were each missing several teeth, as well as most of their senses, Caelus noted with a smirk. He decided it was time to have some fun. It'd been a long day, after all.

He listened carefully to their speech patterns for a couple minutes, then made his move. He growled at them. "Youse owe me bawhs for last month," he said, mimicking their deep, grovelling voices. "Heard 'e isn't happy. Heard 'e's getting angry." He stood up fully to his quite commanding height and cracked his knuckles, amplifying the sound of the "SNAP" with his talent to make it all the more intimidating. "Youse no wanna see 'im angry."

15 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Caelus watched the scene, sadistically intrigued. He'd heard that the people of the city were barbarians, but he'd hadn't realized they were this uncivilized. He'd have to watch himself even more carefully here. 

He nonchalantly walked towards the table where the man who had pulled a knife. The knife-wielder sat with two intensely inebriated men, playing cards and laughing uproariously. He and his comrades were each missing several teeth, as well as most of their senses, Caelus noted with a smirk. He decided it was time to have some fun. It'd been a long day, after all.

He listened carefully to their speech patterns for a couple minutes, then made his move. He growled at them. "Youse owe me bawhs for last month," he said, mimicking their deep, grovelling voices. "Heard 'e isn't happy. Heard 'e's getting angry." He stood up fully to his quite commanding height and cracked his knuckles, amplifying the sound of the "SNAP" with his talent to make it all the more intimidating. "Youse no wanna see 'im angry."

Two of the men stared dully at him, a vaguely vacant look in their eyes betraying how much drink they had in them. The one with the knife laughed scornfully.

"Newcommerss not knowing what he speaks of. Yer new to the town, boy. I sees i' in your face. Anywhoose, we've a been on a barge trip for the last three months. Crew, nots passengerses." The man closed his eyes for a moment, then leered up at Caelus. When he next spoke, his voice was much stronger, all traces of drunkenness gone. "Now, youse had better get gone from this table, before me and the boys decide to take a-fence." He twirled the dagger, and something liquid glinted on the end.

@The Unknown Novel, @NerdyAarakocra, Do you want to have Is and Lysan meet up? If not, and even if so, I'm going to have them meet with some/a Skien/s, depending on how you want to do this. I would advise meeting in one of the parks in the Earth Hextant.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The bartender sighed. "You're in a dockside tavern, so most places are better than this. This is much worse than normal for this tavern, though. If it keeps up, I'll have to kick people out."

"Might be worth your while to get a full-time bouncer, by the looks of it."

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

34 minutes ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

@SymphonianBookworm

Nedwin continued to stare up a Clandra with a sickening admiration

Clanda grinned at the person she has just saved. “Nice to meet you. I’m Clanda. And you shouldn’t gamble, because then you lose money’s nd end up in situations like this.” She gave a little nod, and then  cackled quietly to herself as she saw the uppity-looking man go over to the table where the other man (the gross, uncivilized one) sat and strike up a (clearly insulting) conversation. Maybe she would join in, and have a little fun herself. She walked up with an innocent expression on her face. “Oh, I just wanted to come over here and say hello, lovely to meet you all!” She gave a small, pretty smile, and then feigned shock. “Are you- are you going to fight? Oh, please don’t good sirs. Fighting is simply the most brutal thing on this planet, isn’t it! No matter the outcome, you’d all get hurt and we wouldn’t want that, would we? In the world we live in, there are just some atrocious things that simply shouldn’t be here, wouldn’t you agree? The ickiness of blood is one of them, not including other things in the room, of course. Besides, isn’t fighting not supposed to occur here? This is a city! We are supposed to party! To laugh! Now, what do you say we leave all this behind us?” Clanda internally smiled. Hopefully they were as dull as they looked and don’t understand she’d just insulted them. Most people when confronted with that many words, regardless of... innate intelligence (which they didn’t appear to have), would simply blink and sit down. She gave the smallest of winks to the other man, and then turned back to see the other men’s reactions. 

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Two of the men stared dully at him, a vaguely vacant look in their eyes betraying how much drink they had in them. The one with the knife laughed scornfully.

"Newcommerss not knowing what he speaks of. Yer new to the town, boy. I sees i' in your face. Anywhoose, we've a been on a barge trip for the last three months. Crew, nots passengerses." The man closed his eyes for a moment, then leered up at Caelus. When he next spoke, his voice was much stronger, all traces of drunkenness gone. "Now, youse had better get gone from this table, before me and the boys decide to take a-fence." He twirled the dagger, and something liquid glinted on the end.

Caelus laughed heartily, slapping his knee. "Yousa make funny joke." As he guffawed he slipped his hand into his robe and pulled out his own knife. "Yousa no want to fight wif me." The blade glinted a strange color in the warm lighting, revealing an unfamiliar symbol on the metal.

15 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

She walked up with an innocent expression on her face. “Oh, I just wanted to come over here and say hello, lovely to meet you all!” She gave a small, pretty smile, and then feigned shock. “Are you- are you going to fight? Oh, please don’t good sirs. Fighting is simply the most brutal thing on this planet, isn’t it! No matter the outcome, you’d all get hurt and we wouldn’t want that, would we? In the world we live in, there are just some atrocious things that simply shouldn’t be here, wouldn’t you agree? The ickiness of blood is one of them, not including other things in the room, of course. Besides, isn’t fighting not supposed to occur here? This is a city! We are supposed to party! To laugh! Now, what do you say we leave all this behind us?” Clanda internally smiled. Hopefully they were as dull as they looked and don’t understand she’d just insulted them. Most people when confronted with that many words, regardless of... innate intelligence (which they didn’t appear to have), would simply blink and sit down. She gave the smallest of winks to the other man, and then turned back to see the other men’s reactions. 

After the woman approached, Caelus grinned his most disarming smile at the man. "What do you say to that one, mate?" he said, switching to an upper class accent and brandishing his knife threateningly. "Why don't we all just get another drink? Though that might not be the best for you folks," he added, and let out another uproarious laugh.

Clanda accidentally let a tiny laugh escape her lips before she quickly closed them again and resumed her innocent expression. “Ah, I must part for a brief second. Please forgive me and my outrageous friend over here!” She our and ironclad grip on the laughing man’s arm and tried to tow him away. Barely moving her mouth, she whispered, “Don’t instigate them more. We’ve gotten our laughs. Getting hurt would be unpleasant, wouldn’t you say? Best to leave now.” She threw another smile at the Gross Group of Men, as she had dubbed them and started walking away with the other, more refined man along with her. 

If you don’t wanna go with Clanda you can just say you want to stay.

9 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Clanda accidentally let a tiny laugh escape her lips before she quickly closed them again and resumed her innocent expression. “Ah, I must part for a brief second. Please forgive me and my outrageous friend over here!” She our and ironclad grip on the laughing man’s arm and tried to tow him away. Barely moving her mouth, she whispered, “Don’t instigate them more. We’ve gotten our laughs. Getting hurt would be unpleasant, wouldn’t you say? Best to leave now.” She threw another smile at the Gross Group of Men, as she had dubbed them and started walking away with the other, more refined man along with her. 

Caelus let the woman pull him away from the men, but not before throwing them a final dazzling smile. "So what's your deal?" he asked the woman. "I saw you help that man earlier...you seem to be a world class meddler." He grinned as if he'd cracked an intensely witty remark. "Say, you know where the Lavish Lodge is?"

@EmulatonStromenkiin, can Caelus stay at the Lavish Lodge? He comes from wealth. Where would that be in the city?