Tales of Trune

EmulatonStromenkiin

Nedwin Tanner called for another mug of ale. Just one more, why not. It wasnt like he had enough money to go where he was supposed to. Broke, Nedwin had left home with twice as much money as he should have needed and still reached the city with only enough money to buy some ale. Sure Nedwin could work, but that was for normal people. Nedwin wasnt normal. His magical talent was incredible(in his own humble opinion) he just never had felt like using it before. Nedwin shook his head, trying to clean his vision. The other patrons looked at nedwin disdainfully. And the barmaid scoffed when he asked for more ale. Nedwin sar back and continued to stew in self pity

Rith sat there, bored out of his mind. The captain had yelled at him when he caught Rith using the little fire magic he could control. Told him if he ever used fire magic on his ship again he'd be sorry. His sister was asleep so the wasn't even that to occupy him. He wasn't sea sick, but that flaming rocking never ceased, so he couldn't sleep. All in all it was misery. But still, they couldn't stay. He wouldn't leave them to mining Firestone day after day. He couldn't do it. He grabbed the Firestone necklace he always kept. A reminder.

Are there cabins? I intentionally left it ambiguous. If not she can just be sleeping on a random part of the deck. 

Chasm had taken to walking along the waterways in her spare time, watching the barges and trying to count how many stones she stepped on without watching her feet. It was cooler here, outside and away from the fires of the forge, and her cousin couldn't yell at her for standing in the wrong place or messing up his work (which hadn't been her fault) if she wasn't within earshot.

He could still yell at her for being absent, but usually he was to busy to notice.

Great, @Tani, I'm glad you are here. I still need you to fill out the Personality and Quirks sections in your character sheet. A last name would be good as well. In the meanwhile, do you want to have your character explore the city, or meet up with the others in the tavern that Nedwin is at. Speaking of which, @HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES, be ready.

The following is for @The Unknown Novel and @SymphonianBookworm.

The barge made its way down the canal in the city. This Hextant had many forges, and the buildings were painted in a variety of warm colors. As the barge made its way to the center of the city, a girl hopping on the stones on the right side of the canal was visible. The barge entered the lake at the center of the city, and docked alongside other passenger barges.

This is for @Channelknight Fadran.

The barge made its way down the canal in the city. This Hextant was full of cool blue and white colors, along with many merchants and traders. The barge made its way to the center of the city, towards the tower that sat in the middle of the lake on a small island. The barge entered the lake at the center of the city, and docked alongside other passenger barges.

@NerdyAarakocra, Lysan will be traveling along the road by the canal to the docks were the passenger barges let off.

9 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The barge made its way down the canal in the city. This Hextant had many forges, and the buildings were painted in a variety of warm colors. As the barge made its way to the center of the city, a girl hopping on the stones on the right side of the canal was visible. The barge entered the lake at the center of the city, and docked alongside other passenger barges.

Rith moved over to his sister and shook her shoulder gently. "Is, we're almost there, you need to get up." At just the light touch of his hand, her eyes opened without a touch of sleep in them. She swung herself off the bed and stretched. "Hey." Her smile was weak. 

"Hey, Is."

She paced to the door and threw it open. Immediately, her talent was obvious. The light warped and changed brightness around her. But Rith saddened at the sight of it. It always reflected her emotions, and now it made her appear almost greyscale. She walked out into the light and Rith followed. 

@SymphonianBookworm

If you wanna react. 

Emu, if that's not a possible talent, just let me know and I'll change it.

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I still need you to fill out the Personality and Quirks sections in your character sheet.

Mostly I want to play her with my personality, and I'm not good at describing it. I can try tho.

Loves talking to people, but bad at talking to people she hasn't talked to before. Trying to get better at talking to random people. Bad at remembering to practice or do things she doesn't want to practice or do. Doesn't like alcohol, doesn't like failing, really likes card games but not gambling. Hoarder.

Quirks: Almost always has a breeze around her. Always carries a deck of cards. Snaps her fingers when trying to remember/find where something is. Laughs when nervous.

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

A last name would be good as well. In the meanwhile, do you want to have your character explore the city, or meet up with the others in the tavern that Nedwin is at.

Last name: Fezzik

I was planning on having her run into them somewhere. Maybe she could go to the tavern with a deck of cards?

On 8/4/2022 at 11:19 PM, The Unknown Novel said:

Rith moved over to his sister and shook her shoulder gently. "Is, we're almost there, you need to get up." At just the light touch of his hand, her eyes opened without a touch of sleep in them. She swung herself off the bed and stretched. "Hey." Her smile was weak. 

"Hey, Is."

She paced to the door and threw it open. Immediately, her talent was obvious. The light warped and changed brightness around her. But Rith saddened at the sight of it. It always reflected her emotions, and now it made her appear almost greyscale. She walked out into the light and Rith followed. 

@SymphonianBookworm

If you wanna react. 

Emu, if that's not a possible talent, just let me know and I'll change it.

That talent is fine. Emotional manifestations are not uncommon talents, and this ties well into her light powers. I may need you to make her a character sheet, though it can wait till you have her more developed.

On 8/4/2022 at 6:36 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Cherry was the first one off that darned thing, throwing herself back onto solid ground as fast as humanly possible.

Gak. She thought to herself. I need a drink.

Great. There is a tavern evident by the offloading area in the Fire Hextant, which is where the passenger barges are docked.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:14 AM, Tani said:

Mostly I want to play her with my personality, and I'm not good at describing it. I can try tho.

Loves talking to people, but bad at talking to people she hasn't talked to before. Trying to get better at talking to random people. Bad at remembering to practice or do things she doesn't want to practice or do. Doesn't like alcohol, doesn't like failing, really likes card games but not gambling. Hoarder.

Quirks: Almost always has a breeze around her. Always carries a deck of cards. Snaps her fingers when trying to remember/find where something is. Laughs when nervous.

This is perfect, that's about how far most of the personalities are developed. great Quirks.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:14 AM, Tani said:

Last name: Fezzik

I was planning on having her run into them somewhere. Maybe she could go to the tavern with a deck of cards?

Yes, that would work very well.

On 8/5/2022 at 9:47 AM, Shining Silhouette said:

Just got back, and I'd love to play! Where should I start?

I'm going to have your character, Caelus Lock, come in along the Zona canal. I'm going to shortlist the scenes that the others had going into the docks.

There is a range of mountains visible, looming shadows blocking much. You can see clearly a large break in the mountains, and within that break there is a distinct silhouette of Center City’s skyline, looking somewhat like a shallow cone. It has buildings rising up into the sky, peaking at a tower in the center that is much taller than any of the other buildings. Time goes on.
The barge passes through gates in a smooth obsidian-like material, a substance seemingly made from the shadows themselves.
The barge made its way down the canal in the city. This Hextant was full of dark colors. It seemed to be sleeping, and the few people that could be seen in its streets were hurrying along, bundled tight against a strange coldness in the air. The barge entered the lake at the center of the city, and docked alongside other passenger barges.

Side note for everyone. Any ideas of what to put in each hextant? need things that will fit with the elements.

33 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

That talent is fine. Emotional manifestations are not uncommon talents, and this ties well into her light powers. I may need you to make her a character sheet, though it can wait till you have her more developed.

Side note for everyone. Any ideas of what to put in each hextant? need things that will fit with the elements.

I'll get around to it in a little while.

As for the hextants, Earth would make a great commercial district. Water would be a good place for the water trade and could be right next to the earth hextant, and the richer neighborhoods could be spread across earth, water, and light. Fire would likely be a more industrial and possibly poorer hextant. Shadow could go either way. You could have it be the "other side of the tracks" bad part of town, or you could do something else. No idea for light, maybe a kind of middle-class area.

Just now, The Unknown Novel said:

As for the hextants, Earth would make a great commercial district. Water would be a good place for the water trade and could be right next to the earth hextant, and the richer neighborhoods could be spread across earth, water, and light. Fire would likely be a more industrial and possibly poorer hextant. Shadow could go either way. You could have it be the "other side of the tracks" bad part of town, or you could do something else. No idea for light, maybe a kind of middle-class area.

okay, based on where people came in, I actually have the locations all placed. West (towards Zona) is Shadow, Northwest Water, Northeast Earth, East Light, Southeast Air, and Southwest Fire. All will have some commercial areas, my current ideas being Forges primarially in Fire, exotic goods in Water, and some sort of night market in Shadow, with a daymarket in Light. My main problems are Earth and Air. Maybe I should put the politicians in Air. They're mostly bags of wind anyway.

12 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Cheery dropped herself onto a seat at the bar and ordered a couple light fizzies, dropping the tab on the counter with a couple extra coins as a tip.

I realize I forgot to give you guys the coin system! I will update the front with that, and put it here.

Money system:
Redӕl - 10 Fent
Fent - 10 Nort
Nort - 10 Denp
Denp - lowest

Think along the lines of Denp being a copper coin, then Nort silver, Fent gold, and Redӕl platinum in worth.

The bartender took the coin off the table and handed Cheery a tall thin glass full of an opalescent carbonated liquid.

52 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

There is a range of mountains visible, looming shadows blocking much. You can see clearly a large break in the mountains, and within that break there is a distinct silhouette of Center City’s skyline, looking somewhat like a shallow cone. It has buildings rising up into the sky, peaking at a tower in the center that is much taller than any of the other buildings. Time goes on.
The barge passes through gates in a smooth obsidian-like material, a substance seemingly made from the shadows themselves.
The barge made its way down the canal in the city. This Hextant was full of dark colors. It seemed to be sleeping, and the few people that could be seen in its streets were hurrying along, bundled tight against a strange coldness in the air. The barge entered the lake at the center of the city, and docked alongside other passenger barges.

Which hextant is Caelus going to? Is this like a shadow hextant?

8 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

okay, based on where people came in, I actually have the locations all placed. West (towards Zona) is Shadow, Northwest Water, Northeast Earth, East Light, Southeast Air, and Southwest Fire. All will have some commercial areas, my current ideas being Forges primarially in Fire, exotic goods in Water, and some sort of night market in Shadow, with a daymarket in Light. My main problems are Earth and Air. Maybe I should put the politicians in Air. They're mostly bags of wind anyway.

Earth could be plants and other herbs. Also animals and stuff. Air could make sense as a political hextant. 

What are the poorer hextants vs the richer ones?

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Earth could be plants and other herbs. Also animals and stuff. Air could make sense as a political hextant. 

What are the poorer hextants vs the richer ones?

Earth and Air trend towards the poorest, but it varies throughout the entire city. Great idea for the Earth, I'm planning lots of green space throughout it.

59 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

With Air being poor, perhaps you could have a heavy contrast, with sweeping towers where the politicians are, and low airy tents and tarps where the poor folk live. And perhaps cloths and clothing as an extension for the things they sell.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

With Air being poor, perhaps you could have a heavy contrast, with sweeping towers where the politicians are, and low airy tents and tarps where the poor folk live. And perhaps cloths and clothing as an extension for the things they sell.

makes sense. the majority of the public office buildings are going to be spread throughout the city, close to the tower, but the politicians homes will be in the Air Hextant. The city is like the size of Elendel.

Is' Character Sheet:

Spoiler

Name: Isildore "Is" Nintal

Appearance: She has long straight and full black hair, and coppery brown eyes. Quite tall, especially for a girl.

Magic: Light Magic

Talent: She warps light around herself. So she can appear muted when sad, or red tinted with heatlike waves coming off of her when angry. Eventually I plan on her learning to harness this to turn invisible and even change her appearance. 

Tribe: The Tribe of Fire and Light she

Background: Same as Rith, but she  wasn't ever actually a miner. Instead helping out around the house since her father and brother were often too busy or too tired.

Personality: Normally quite happy-go-lucky and adventurous, despite being weighed down by her duties. However, ever since her father died, she has retreated into herself and overall been very down.

Quirks: (optional, but requested) gDue to being stuck at home almost constantly, she a developed a near constant need to be outside and has learned to pick locks and overall escape confinement with ease.

Is walked towards the gangplank to get off the ship. She walked oddly, almost slower than she should have. Rith followed anyways, soon catching up to her. "Where are we going?" Her voice was soft. Meek even.

Where were they going? "I don’t know Is." He didn't even know where the main campus was. "I suppose we'll have to ask around. Father always went to the tavern when he wanted to talk, I think. Maybe we could start there." She nodded. 

"You do that. I just want to walk around. I can ask around the streets, you can go to your tavern." A little bit of her old light came back when she said that. 

"Where should we meet up?" They had used to have a spot, that was just understood, now, there was nothing. 

"Here, I suppose. It's the only place in the city we both know. Meet back an hour after nightfall?"

"Done." Rith walked off in search of a tavern, never even thinking that alone in the city might not be the best place for her. She had always exuded an aura of maturity. Sometimes it even seemed she was the older of the two.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Is walked towards the gangplank to get off the ship. She walked oddly, almost slower than she should have. Rith followed anyways, soon catching up to her. "Where are we going?" Her voice was soft. Meek even.

Where were they going? "I don’t know Is." He didn't even know where the main campus was. "I suppose we'll have to ask around. Father always went to the tavern when he wanted to talk, I think. Maybe we could start there." She nodded. 

"You do that. I just want to walk around. I can ask around the streets, you can go to your tavern." A little bit of her old light came back when she said that. 

"Where should we meet up?" They had used to have a spot, that was just understood, now, there was nothing. 

"Here, I suppose. It's the only place in the city we both know. Meet back an hour after nightfall?"

"Done." Rith walked off in search of a tavern, never even thinking that alone in the city might not be the best place for her. She had always exuded an aura of maturity. Sometimes it even seemed she was the older of the two.

Clanda walked off the boat, behind the siblings. She wasn’t really sure where she was supposed to go, so she just followed the older, mature one, since she seemed to know where she was going. She walked a bit faster and caught up. “Hey, my name’s Clanda. I saw you and your sister on the barge. What’s your name? Where are you from?” She supposed it was awfully forward of her to just run up and introduce herself to someone, but if one wanted to meet knew people, that’s what one must do.