Tales of Trune

EmulatonStromenkiin

I'm in!

Spoiler

Name: Caelus Lock (Male)

Magic: Air

Talent: Pitchbending- has the ability to alter sound tone/quality

Tribe: Storm/Sky tribe

Appearance: Tall and lanky, with medium length blond hair that has a streak of royal blue in the front. Enjoys wearing comfortable and stylish robes, which are often navy blue/black and carry his family emblem

Background: Though the son of wealthy, distinguished parents, Caelus has always been a rebel. Early in his childhood, he realized that he could use his talent of pitchbending to mimic those around him, and ever since, he has primarily used it to cut classes and shirk responsibilities. A chronic prankster, he's infamous across his town for his craftiness, but one day he took things too far and was banished from the Storm tribe. He harbors an intense anger directed towards his parents as they were one of the driving forces behind his exile. He is currently journeying towards the Center City where he will spend his days of banishment. 

Personality: Sly, confident, witty... but his eyes carry a dangerous intensity

Quirks:

• Has singing talent, and (after he makes sure nobody is watching) likes to create his own songs when alone
  • One used his talent to make a teacher think that school was canceled for a week. He was the hero of the class
  • Is an amateur wood carver, and always carries a dagger with a mysterious symbol on it in his right pocket. He frequently takes out pieces of wood and sharpens them whenever he is waiting... perhaps as part of a larger project

4 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

HAH! I'm not sure why, but this is hilarious. This isn't a harem
*does not offer to change character gender

you still need to fill out the personality and quirks for your character.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Character:

Hide contents

Name: Rith Nintal 

Magic: Fire Mage

Talent: He is completely immune to temperature changes. He could probably swim in lava, though he's never tried.

Tribe: He is from the Fire tribe.

Background: He was a Pyronium miner, until his father died in a mining accident (his mother died giving birth to his sister). He then took his sister, who had burgeoning light magic, to the Central city where he could work and they both could learn magic.

Personality: He's pretty reckless, but loves his sister.

this is approved, Note, Center City is the name, aside from it being one of the more central cities.

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I'm in!

Hide contents

Name: Caelus Lock (Male)

Magic: Air

Talent: Pitchbending- has the ability to alter sound tone/quality

Tribe: Storm tribe

Appearance: Tall and lanky, with medium length blond hair that has a streak of royal blue in the front. Enjoys wearing comfortable and stylish robes, which are often navy blue/black and carry his family emblem

Background: Though the son of wealthy, distinguished parents, Caelus has always been a rebel. Early in his childhood, he realized that he could use his talent of pitchbending to mimic those around him, and ever since, he has primarily used it to cut classes and shirk responsibilities. A chronic prankster, he's infamous across his town for his craftiness, but one day he took things too far and was banished from the Storm tribe. He harbors an intense anger directed towards his parents as they were one of the driving forces behind his exile. He is currently journeying towards the Center City where he will spend his days of banishment. 

Personality: Sly, confident, witty... but his eyes carry a dangerous intensity

Quirks:

• Has singing talent, and (after he makes sure nobody is watching) likes to create his own songs when alone
  • One used his talent to make a teacher think that school was canceled for a week. He was the hero of the class
  • Is an amateur wood carver, and always carries a dagger with a mysterious symbol on it in his right pocket. He frequently takes out pieces of wood and sharpens them whenever he is waiting... perhaps as part of a larger project

approved, this is very good, interesting talent choice!

Personality: Sharp. She has and always will be. She’s not always good with boundaries, but is a really good listener, despite her strong personality. She’s neither quiet nor loud, but something about her voice makes you want to listen to what she has to say. She speaks with a very wide vocabulary, and has a very good memory.

Appearance: Medium-to-tall height, with thick hair and fair skin. She’s not ugly or very beautiful, but her most striking feature is her eyes, which are amber. Someone once told her that her eyes are the color of “molten gold, if gold was brown.” She wasn’t sure what to make of that. She follows fashion trends, but doesn’t think much of them  

Quirks:

1. Whenever she’s scared or angry, she smiles. A lot. Wide smiles that are surprisingly frightening. 

2. She carries around a mysterious notebook wherever she goes. It’s rather small, but you can see it’s jam-packed with post-its (or whatever Trune’s version of post-its is...). She also has a silver pen that’s her most prized possession (besides the book).

3. She can build a clock from scratch. 

4. She claims she has read all the books in the library by her house. No one is sure whether this is true or not. 

@Shining Silhouette Nice job making your character male ;)

16 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Personality: Sharp. She has and always will be. She’s not always good with boundaries, but is a really good listener, despite her strong personality. She’s neither quiet nor loud, but something about her voice makes you want to listen to what she has to say. She speaks with a very wide vocabulary, and has a very good memory.

Appearance: Medium-to-tall height, with thick hair and fair skin. She’s not ugly or very beautiful, but her most striking feature is her eyes, which are amber. Someone once told her that her eyes are the color of “molten gold, if gold was brown.” She wasn’t sure what to make of that. She follows fashion trends, but doesn’t think much of them  

Quirks:

1. Whenever she’s scared or angry, she smiles. A lot. Wide smiles that are surprisingly frightening. 

2. She carries around a mysterious notebook wherever she goes. It’s rather small, but you can see it’s jam-packed with post-its (or whatever Trune’s version of post-its is...). She also has a silver pen that’s her most prized possession (besides the book).

3. She can build a clock from scratch. 

4. She claims she has read all the books in the library by her house. No one is sure whether this is true or not. 

@Shining Silhouette Nice job making your character male ;)

perfect! thank you. now, @Tani, I need the same from you.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Yes, but I don't think that I'll have time for it right now. So no.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

Yes, but I don't think that I'll have time for it right now. So no.

sorry, you are welcome to join later!

21 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Let’s go!

(me casually ignoring the pile of work I have to do.)

we will, just need a few others to respond.

On 7/26/2022 at 4:01 PM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

*Phases back into RP from a three-week hiatus*

Yup! I'm ready to play.

Edited by NerdyAarakocra

Mkay, this is a good start. I will now start storying. Each character is on a barge heading into the city. Clanda Swinnli(@SymphonianBookworm) and Rith Nintal (@The Unknown Novel) are on a barge heading along the main canal from Keywood to Center City. Cherry Pyrnai (@Channelknight Fadran) is along the Hoarfrost Vale canal, and Lysan Grovewater (@NerdyAarakocra) is coming in along the Devenar route for one of her rare visits to the City. Due to lucky chance, they will all be arriving at the docks at the center of the city at roughly the same time. (I'm working on a map for Center City, it'll be coming along soon and I'll post it in the map post along with the characters.) None besides Lysan have more than a rough idea of the city's layout. I will do a view perspective from the barges, as it looks pretty much the same on either side of the mountains.

There is a range of mountains visible, looming shadows blocking much. You can see clearly a large break in the mountains, and within that break there is a distinct silhouette of Center City’s skyline, looking somewhat like a shallow cone. It has buildings rising up into the sky, peaking at a tower in the center that is much taller than any of the other buildings.

The water here was a lot more... dejected.

It wasn't the murkiness that bothered her; the stillness, even less so. It was how it barely sloshed about the barge's hull, waving one direction to the next. There wasn't any splatter of foam or mist in their wake. It was like something was holding the river down, pulling it to the earth and grasping it tight.

Cherry opened her eyes, blinking out some little dusty bits that had worked their way inside during the meditation. The connection to the water faltered, though didn't fade completely. She kept her mind and heart open to the river.

The city. A bastion of civilization. A collective of people shutting nature out. Antithetical to everything Lysan believed. And here she was, on a road, no less. And when she got there? Navigating crowds and dodging tourists. And to think that all of this work would probably be for naught.

Clanda gripped the railing of the barge, leaning over as far as she could to see the bright blue water surrounding her. The light danced on top of it, laughing and tinkling. She smiled. Finally, she broke away from the trance and looked around. There were a couple other passengers. A pair of which looked to be siblings stood out to her the most. Should I go over and introduce myself? Ah well, I can do that later. We’re arriving. She’d Always wanted to see Center City, with its bustling people. And now she was here. Taking a deep breath, she reached into her tiny pouch and pulled out her pen. She twirled it in her fingers. It had always helped release stress; a weird habit of hers. Why am I nervous? I shouldn’t be nervous. I’m sure everyone there is... nice. She shook her head and let out a small laugh. Who am I kidding, in big cities no one is ever nice. But I can deal with it. She stared up at the sky, eyes focusing on the sun. For some reason she was never blinded when she saw the bright star. Guide me, she beckoned. Taking another breath, she smiled. It’s time. 

On 7/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Mkay, this is a good start. I will now start storying. Each character is on a barge heading into the city. Clanda Swinnli(@SymphonianBookworm) and Rith Nintal (@The Unknown Novel) are on a barge heading along the main canal from Keywood to Center City. Cherry Pyrnai (@Channelknight Fadran) is along the Hoarfrost Vale canal, and Lysan Grovewater (@NerdyAarakocra) is coming in along the Devenar route for one of her rare visits to the City. Due to lucky chance, they will all be arriving at the docks at the center of the city at roughly the same time. (I'm working on a map for Center City, it'll be coming along soon and I'll post it in the map post along with the characters.) None besides Lysan have more than a rough idea of the city's layout. I will do a view perspective from the barges, as it looks pretty much the same on either side of the mountains.

There is a range of mountains visible, looming shadows blocking much. You can see clearly a large break in the mountains, and within that break there is a distinct silhouette of Center City’s skyline, looking somewhat like a shallow cone. It has buildings rising up into the sky, peaking at a tower in the center that is much taller than any of the other buildings.

Am I arriving for the first time or just on a return trip from something?

15 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Am I arriving for the first time or just on a return trip from something?

this is the first time for everyone besides Lysan, and it's been a while for her. sorry if perspectives get a bit wonky.

On 7/30/2022 at 6:24 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

The water here was a lot more... dejected.

It wasn't the murkiness that bothered her; the stillness, even less so. It was how it barely sloshed about the barge's hull, waving one direction to the next. There wasn't any splatter of foam or mist in their wake. It was like something was holding the river down, pulling it to the earth and grasping it tight.

Cherry opened her eyes, blinking out some little dusty bits that had worked their way inside during the meditation. The connection to the water faltered, though didn't fade completely. She kept her mind and heart open to the river.

The barge passed through the open gates in the massive city wall, which was crafted from a strange blue stone that remind Cherry of glacial ice. It was heading for the docks at the center of the city.

On 7/31/2022 at 7:31 AM, NerdyAarakocra said:

The city. A bastion of civilization. A collective of people shutting nature out. Antithetical to everything Lysan believed. And here she was, on a road, no less. And when she got there? Navigating crowds and dodging tourists. And to think that all of this work would probably be for naught.

The wall loomed in front of her, almost blindingly white to look at. Impossibly white.

On 7/31/2022 at 7:38 AM, SymphonianBookworm said:

Clanda gripped the railing of the barge, leaning over as far as she could to see the bright blue water surrounding her. The light danced on top of it, laughing and tinkling. She smiled. Finally, she broke away from the trance and looked around. There were a couple other passengers. A pair of which looked to be siblings stood out to her the most. Should I go over and introduce myself? Ah well, I can do that later. We’re arriving. She’d Always wanted to see Center City, with its bustling people. And now she was here. Taking a deep breath, she reached into her tiny pouch and pulled out her pen. She twirled it in her fingers. It had always helped release stress; a weird habit of hers. Why am I nervous? I shouldn’t be nervous. I’m sure everyone there is... nice. She shook her head and let out a small laugh. Who am I kidding, in big cities no one is ever nice. But I can deal with it. She stared up at the sky, eyes focusing on the sun. For some reason she was never blinded when she saw the bright star. Guide me, she beckoned. Taking another breath, she smiled. It’s time. 

The barge passed through the gates on this side of the city, through walls that seemed to be almost fire, frozen into a crystalline form.

this also applies to @The Unknown Novel