Tales of Trune

EmulatonStromenkiin

On 6/14/2022 at 8:18 AM, SymphonianBookworm said:

I’m okay if she’s limited in others; I like the idea of practicing light and dark and I’ll sacrifice not being super great in other Magics. I’ll make it so she’s 17 as to not be too far from the age range. How about this; she’s been trained in light magic, since that’s a relatively common magic to have in her clan, but has tried to self teach herself darkness since she found she could. She has less control but practices a lot. She lives in Center City and her talent is Changing 3 (though she doesn’t realize that yet). I think I’ve covered all the necessary changes. 

that is not a talent. think along the lines of smedry talents for ideas. @Tani has a good one.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:31 AM, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

So maybe nedwin can be a tanners son whose parent sent him to the university of dragons after he succeded a test for fire magic. Lazy and not very smart, he spent all of his money before he could get there and is now stranded in center city. Because his father had been to the university of dragons. (he failed to pass his classes and was kicked out) he is used to being part of an influential family and getting his way. His potential with fire is strong but that's all he really has and he is unable to use it

That works.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:47 AM, Tani said:

Edit:

My character is a female-human called Chasm

She has a Talent of healing faster than normal. As a result of her Talent, she doesn't get sunburns, colds, or rashes. Small scrapes (small being a few layers of skin, maybe some blood but not dripping) are healed within the day. In general, the slower the injury happens, the shorter it takes to heal. (Sicknesses heal faster than cuts.)

She is part of the Air/Earth tribe and really, Really, REALLY likes practicing Air magic. She's not very good at Earth magic because she doesn't practice as much as she's supposed to.

She's currently in Center City, as she's been apprenticed to a smith there (her third cousin once removed) so she can learn (to practice) Earth magic better. Her parents live near Keywood.

@EmulatonStromenkiin Can you check and see if this works?

yea, that should work pretty well.

19 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

How about she can dim/brighten/snuff out/light any lights/torches, and can change the shape of shadows?

If you want along the lines of Changing 3, you could have her be able to help others heal faster. Shadow manipulation would work as well, probably shown with incredibly real shadow-puppets.

Here's my actual character sheet, made ages after I submitted my character art:

Spoiler

Name: Cherry Pyrnai (female)

Magic: Elemental - has a great affinity to air, but practices the other elements in varying degrees of proficiency

Background: Hails from a small coastal village in the East called Gastaiar. She started practicing magic from a young age, spending hours on the beach among the waves and wind, learning the motions of tide and breeze. After winning a competition at a nearby town (and, by extension, a cash prize that far exceeded any amount of money she'd ever seen in one place before [not that it was much]), Cherry realized that she could actually make a living out of this talent. Now she studies as a ward under a master in Center City.

Personality: Pretty confident, and occasionally a little arrogant. There haven't been many particularly dangerous or "real world" problems that she's had to deal with, so an adventure would be... potentially traumatizing (:ph34r:). She's super friendly, though, and treats pretty much everyone with the respect they deserve.

Quirks: 

• Gloves! Her mother made them herself, and they're very comfy. Cherry tugs at them as a nervous tic.
  • Not that she's a fashionata, but she has absolutely no reservations about being a bit dressy from time to time.
  • Favorite colors are the soft verdants (cyan, olive, etc).
  • Fillets a mean cod.

Also here's the art again, in case anyone missed it:

Spoiler

art.jpg.301978023270436da8fd1b419b1bbc97.jpg

25 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

How about she can dim/brighten/snuff out/light any lights/torches, and can change the shape of shadows?

If you want along the lines of Changing 3, you could have her be able to help others heal faster. Shadow manipulation would work as well, probably shown with incredibly real shadow-puppets.

On 6/25/2022 at 11:21 PM, The Unknown Novel said:

Could using shadows as a kinda interconnected portal system work as a talent?

If not, how about being completely immune to temperature differences?

second one, yes, first one is an advanced application of Shadow magic.

Due to convienience, the starting point will be Center City, there is a School of Dragons campus there.

Here's my bio!

Name: Lysan Grovewater (Female)

Magic: A Lifecrafter from the Earth Tribe. Her Talent is creating armor and weapons out of plants (For reference, see D&D 5e spells Barkskin and Thorn Whip). She also uses the other forms of Life magic, but she's not as good at them.

Background: As an Earth Tribe member, she struggled with Earth magic and just didn't seem to get it. When tragedy struck her village, forcing her to flee, she blamed herself for the downfall of her home. In the wilds, she discovered her affinity for Life magic. She now lives in the wilds outside of the city.

Personality: Think slightly more mellow Kaladin.

Quirks: She's vegetarian. She isn't too fond of the City, but she goes there occasionally.

Let me know if there is something wrong with this. Thanks!

1 hour ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Here's my bio!

Name: Lysan Grovewater (Female)

Magic: A Lifecrafter from the Earth Tribe. Her Talent is creating armor and weapons out of plants (For reference, see D&D 5e spells Barkskin and Thorn Whip). She also uses the other forms of Life magic, but she's not as good at them.

Background: As an Earth Tribe member, she struggled with Earth magic and just didn't seem to get it. When tragedy struck her village, forcing her to flee, she blamed herself for the downfall of her home. In the wilds, she discovered her affinity for Life magic. She now lives in the wilds outside of the city.

Personality: Think slightly more mellow Kaladin.

Quirks: She's vegetarian. She isn't too fond of the City, but she goes there occasionally.

Let me know if there is something wrong with this. Thanks!

Awesome! this works pretty well, and Her talent would probably be helping plants grow faster. Strictly speaking, most people would consider her magic plant magic, which is part of Life magic. The phrase Life magic is generally only used by scholars who are studying the arcane. It is normally grouped with Earth magic, as one of the two main ways to use it.

Also, @Channelknight Fadran, love the character sheet, I'm going to put the basic as an example, not using your character. Also going to shift some stuff around and add things.

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

Bio 

Name: Nedwin Tanner

Magic: He is exeptionally naturally skilled in fire and light elemental magic. however he is too lazy to have developed much beyond raw talent

Background. Born into fire tribe. Was a member of a tanner's family. His father was exeptionally skilled and thus created a thriving buisness. Nedwin never could bother to help out and usually spent his money almost immediatley. Because of Nedwin's talent for elemental magic, Nedwin was sent to study at the school of dragons. Nedwin spent all of that money and then got robbed of what he had left on the road. He has been stuck in center city for several months

Personality. spoiled and lazy but  good hearted deep down. H

quirks: he enjoys fooling people. He once convinced his younger brother that there was another world through illusion magic.

12 hours ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

Bio 

Name: Nedwin Tanner

Magic: He is exeptionally naturally skilled in fire and light elemental magic. however he is too lazy to have developed much beyond raw talent

Background. Born into fire tribe. Was a member of a tanner's family. His father was exeptionally skilled and thus created a thriving buisness. Nedwin never could bother to help out and usually spent his money almost immediatley. Because of Nedwin's talent for elemental magic, Nedwin was sent to study at the school of dragons. Nedwin spent all of that money and then got robbed of what he had left on the road. He has been stuck in center city for several months

Personality. spoiled and lazy but  good hearted deep down. H

quirks: he enjoys fooling people. He once convinced his younger brother that there was another world through illusion magic.

this should be good, though he would be sent to the university at Keywood by a route through Center City. The school of Dragons is a bit harder to get into. I will make the necessary change and put it up. side note: there actually are other worlds, but I'll get into that later. I'm going to say that his hometown is Devinar

2 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

this should be good, though he would be sent to the university at Keywood by a route through Center City. The school of Dragons is a bit harder to get into. I will make the necessary change and put it up. side note: there actually are other worlds, but I'll get into that later.

Okay he convinced his brother that he had slept for 500 years and now there were office buildings and strange devices he called computers(nedwin does have quite the immagination at times)

1 minute ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

Okay he convinced his brother that he had slept for 500 years and now there were office buildings and strange devices he called computers(nedwin does have quite the immagination at times)

Oh, what you did was fine, no one knows about the other worlds. There are also ancient high-tech devices that can be found in some places.

a few things I need: @The Unknown Novel, do you want to create a character?

Using the post below, I need everyone who has a character to fill out any further missing items in the character sheet, and finalize any changes. This is primarily for @Tani, and @SymphonianBookworm, as they created characters before a Characer sheet was finished.

As a side note, all characters except @HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES's are female. This is not a problem, I just find it mildly diverting, and think it will cause some interesting dynamics.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

As a side note, all characters except @HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES's are female. This is not a problem, I just find it mildly diverting, and think it will cause some interesting dynamics.

HAH! I'm not sure why, but this is hilarious. This isn't a harem
*does not offer to change character gender

Character:

Spoiler

Name: Rith Nintal 

Magic: Fire Mage

Talent: He is completely immune to temperature changes. He could probably swim in lava, though he's never tried.

Tribe: He is from the Fire tribe.

Background: He was a Pyronium miner, until his father died in a mining accident (his mother died giving birth to his sister). He then took his sister, who had burgeoning light magic, to the Central city where he could work and they both could learn magic.

Personality: He's pretty reckless, but loves his sister.