Synopsis: Long before the Recreance, the Cryptics and the Honorspren battled for supremacy. Realizing that their conflict served only to weaken the Knights Radiant, the leaders of both sides sent a delegation to resolve the conflict peacefully. Sensing an opportunity to widen the rift between the Orders, Sja-anat and the forces of Odium ambushed and enlightened some of the ambassadors.

Welcome to Break Tank 2: Such Delicious Lies! The rules are down below in the spoilers or can be accessed in doc form here. The co-GM is tentatively @Tani. The IM will be @Elbereth.

When you sign up, please specify the time you'd like the game to begin and the cycle length. By default, cycles will be 12 hours and the game will begin at 1600 GMT on Thursday the 16th of June.

General Rules:

Spoiler

Cycles will be twelve hours, with 10 minute rollovers in between. Rollovers will take place at 1600 and 0400 GMT.

There is no vote minimum for the exe and ties result in a random tied player dying. Only your final red vote will be counted but retracting old votes in green is still appreciated.

Every player will be assigned to either the Cryptic or Honorspren anonymous faction doc. Players must pick one color and stick with it. Claiming identities in a doc is subject to the same rules as anonymous games; claiming is allowed but using OOG information as confirmation is not.

Every player may take only one role action per cycle. The elim submitting the kill may also take a role action.

If a player is attacked but protected, it will be noted in the writeup as 'Someone was attacked, but survived!'. Roleblocked kills will not be noted in the writeup.

Anyone who does not post in thread for two cycles in a row without talking to me about it will be killed by the inactivity filter or replaced. Please do not sign up for this game if you expect to miss multiple cycles in a row.

The order of actions is as follows, with actions marked with a | occurring at the same time: 
Practical Joker/Amorphous/Capricious/Elder/Social Martyr/Selfless Bodyguard/Enlightened kill|Exe/Perspicacious

PMs are closed unless otherwise stated.

Please ask clarification questions in bold in the thread or GM PM, or elim doc as appropriate. Questions asked in a faction doc will not be answered.

Alignments:

Spoiler

The Cryptics are one of two village factions. They win if all Enlightened are killed and they equal or outnumber the Honorspren at the end of the game.

The Honorspren are one of two village factions. They win if all Enlightened are killed and they equal or outnumber the Cryptics at the end of the game.

The Enlightened are the elim faction. They win if they outnumber all other living players. They will have two elim docs, one each for the Enlightened in the Cryptic and Honorspren faction docs. The two Enlightened groups will not know who each other are. The elim kill will alternate between the two groups, with the group permitted to make the first kill decided randomly. If an Enlightened hits another Enlightened with the kill, nobody will die. The attack will be noted in the writeup as a protection and the two Enlightened will learn each other's identities. Should all Enlightened in a group be killed, the other group will be allowed to make the kill every cycle.

Roles:

Spoiler

Faction specific roles are based on doc membership, not alignment.

Cryptic Roles:
Amorphous - Target a player. If they are from your faction doc, any and all actions that target you will be redirected to that player. You cannot target the same player two cycles in a row.

Capricious - You may cast a secret vote that takes precedence over your public vote, if any. This secret vote cannot be changed by an Elder but can be affected by a Social Martyr. In the vote tally, your name will appear next to the player you publicly voted on. For example, if Araris cast a public vote for Illwei and a secret vote for Tani, the vote tally would show

Illwei (0): Araris

Tani (1):

Perspicacious - If you are killed, you learn the identity of your killer. This ability does not function if you are roleblocked the cycle that you are killed.

Honorspren Roles:
Selfless Bodyguard - You may choose a player other than yourself. If they are attacked, block that attack. You cannot target the same player two cycles in a row.

Practical Joker - You may target a player and roleblock them.

Social Martyr- You may target a player. Their vote, if they cast one, is redirected to you.

General Roles:

Emissary - You begin play with a PM with an emissary from the other faction.

Defector - You believe that the other faction has the right of it. While you abide by the same rules as your doc’s faction, you will count as a member of your favored faction for purposes of Cryptic, Honorspren, and Enlightened win conditions. Defectors may have another role. Ex. Your GM PM may say you are a Cryptic Defector Social Martyr. Such a player wins with the Cryptics and counts as a Cryptic when determining win conditions at the end of the game, but is a member of the Honorspren doc and has an Honorspren specific role.

Elder - As a particularly wise and respected member of your delegation, you may target a player and, if they belong to your faction doc, turn their no vote into a vote.

Deadeye - No player starts with this role, but everyone will gain it upon death. A deadeye may form a PM bond with a single living player of their choice, selected in their GM PM at any time before death with a backup in case their first choice dies. I will create the PM at the start of the next cycle. Should no player be selected, a deadeye bond will be formed with a random living player. This is not an action and cannot be roleblocked or redirected. The deadeye may communicate with that player using a variety of screeches, e.g. screech for no, screeech for yes, while the living player may respond as they wish. If the player to which a deadeye has bonded dies, the original deadeye may no longer communicate and will gain access to the dead doc. Deadeyes are not considered to be living players and do not count towards win conditions.

Roleless - You contribute your voice and your vote, the most important tools in ensuring your side’s victory.

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler

'Faction' always refers to membership in the Cryptic or Honorspren doc, which doesn't necessarily correspond to alignment since all players will be placed in one or the other. An emissary in the Cryptic doc only knows that the emissary they have a PM with is part of the Honorspren doc and vice versa.

Participants:

Spoiler

Players:

1. @xinoehp512
  2. @Matrim's Dice - Pie
  3. @The Unknown Novel
  4. @HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES - Fendor
  5. @The Wandering Wizard
  6. @Archer - Angry
  7. @Kasimir - Sirak
  8. @SymphonianBookworm - Valley

Spectators:

Pinch-hitters:

Quick Links:

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

In as Angry, an emoji that lives in spoiler tags and glares at anyone who enters his home uninvited. 

Spoiler

:angry:

That includes you. 

Are we running this in place of the QF or before it? 

Edit: anytime works

Edited by Archer

Twelve hour cycles work better for me.

Kind of short on time these days but if I make a commitment to YOLO this game, it should balance out, right? :P 

Signing up as Sirak, a spren who was peacefully enjoying retirement in the archives until he got dragged out to join the negotiations.

My character will be a spren named Pie— Either just an honorspren with an unassuming name, or a Cryptic trying very hard to remain incognito, without entirely abandoning his love of math. 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Cycle 1 has begun! There is an execution this cycle with no vote minimum and random ties. 

The cycle will end on June 17th at 0400 GMT.

Player List:

I’d be lying if I said I knew when the cycle ended :ph34r: 

Kasimir has a one hundred percent elim rate for BTs, seems like a decent place to start. Never mind that I do as well.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Figured out when it ended

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Kasimir has a one hundred percent elim rate for BTs, seems like a decent place to start. Never mind that I do as well.

#SelfAwareWolves :P

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Also, that is quite suspicious of you, Matrim.

I feel like there's potentially a confounding element to this game because either Village faction has an incentive to lynch in the other one. We can't overdo this, but remember that it's not just removing the Elims - you have to reach parity with or outnumber the other faction. Am happy to go for a parity victory as I believe Elims benefit from a divided Village, but feel that the presence of Defectors does complicate this.

Which is a short way of saying that another explanation is that Mat is gung-ho about lynching within a faction not his own, then I actually checked my faction doc and realised that we're all anonymous here so nevermind, goo goo joob :P

Archer.

Edited by Kasimir
Bolded

I keep having to remind myself I'm allowed to quote in this game :P I got too used to not for my own liking.

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

either Village faction has an incentive to lynch in the other one. We can't overdo this, but remember that it's not just removing the Elims - you have to reach parity with or outnumber the other faction.

The distro is an interesting discussion point I think- with 8, the Spren docs are likely 4/4 (I say likely, but there's 4 headings in my doc so :P) but the elims probably are 2/1 or just 1/1. I guess there could be a Spren doc that's completely clear? I'm not sure if that's specified in the rules. 2 elims makes about as much sense as 3 to me.

The reason this matters is that there could potentially be an unequal number of village Honorspren to village Cryptics, if there's 3 elims. Though as I'm writing this the 2 elim, 1 in each doc theory makes the most sense because it makes the game as equal as it could be. So I guess that's my running theory.

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The reason this matters is that there could potentially be an unequal number of village Honorspren to village Cryptics, if there's 3 elims. Though as I'm writing this the 2 elim, 1 in each doc theory makes the most sense because it makes the game as equal as it could be. So I guess that's my running theory.

Defectors also matter. I don't think we're going to fruitfully find them but don't forget that Defectors appear in one faction and win with the other. Which means that the actual distro can be a bit different from the docs - so I guess I'm agreeing with you. Likely 4/4 spren docs (and let's face it, there are four in my doc so there have to be four in the other, and this is true regardless of which doc you are in) but whether the defectors swap the distro or not is another issue.

Again, I don't want to be too hung up on defectors - I do think the Elims will try to play us against each other when the numbers get more dicey but right now, I think it's more fruitful to focus on finding Elims. I feel cycle length disadvantages the Village in this BT (but yes yes, I voted for it anyway) so there's extra incentive to not get off track.

Not that I can say very much about it but currrently my views:

• Mat's opener is an opener. Nothing especially interesting about it to me.
  • I do think TUN is ignoring an obvious defeater here but it's consistent with TUN-thinking and I'm not inclined to read very much into either vote at this point in time, so here we are.

Just now, The Unknown Novel said:

What obvious defeated are you talking about? That it is absolutely horrible logic?

Ignore that - I keep thinking of doc level shenanigans and forgetting that we're supposed to be anonymous in them. Likely because half my faction seems to know who each other is already -.- If we weren't anonymous, then the obvious defeater is the faction dimension - that if a player were to keep in mind their wincon, it's a fair approach to be more gung-ho about putting pressure on players in the other faction, but that doesn't really make them any more likely to be Evil, just Cryptic/HS.

Either way, it just feels like a bog-standard early cycle interaction to me so I'm not especially alarmed.