Mistborn birthday party ideas

Siri

It's tricky since so much of the setting is hard to reproduce and the mechanics of Allomancy and Feruchemy so hard to imitate. A few, scattered ideas:

Fog machines

Mistcloaks for guests made of tassels and/or streamers

A LARP-style version of a the Mistborn adventure game, as a one-shot

Here's a few ideas. These are somewhat dependent on how old your son is and how much work you want to do.

1. Sew him a Mistcloak like Returned said. Small clear vials filled with crumpled tin foil or tinsel can represent metal vials.

2. Bay wraps are a known and relatively easy meal for Kelsier's crew.

3. It doesn't fit in-world, but making homemade rootbeer floats with dry ice could be a fun treat that evokes the Mists and drawing the Mists in.

4. Maybe do a game of Werewolf/Mafia with Mistborn themed abilities set during the House War? Here's some options off the top of my head with no game balance whatsoever. You could even have abilities be separate from what team the player is on.  

A. Coinshot - kill 1 player during the night.

B. Lurcher - choose 1 player to protect. That player will survive a nighttime assassination attempt.

C. Rioter - choose 1 player. That player must make an accusation the following day.

D. Soother - choose 1 player. That player cannot make an accusation the following day.

E. Thug - can survive a single assassination attempt.

F. Tineye - I'm not sure on this one. Maybe can peek during the night?

G. Seeker - once per night, at the end of the night cycle choose one player. The narrator reveals their identity if they used an Allomantic ability during the night.

H. Smoker - can ignore emotional Allomancy (alt. cannot be effected by emotional Allomancy and should not be notified if Rioted or Soothed. Choose 1 player to hide from a Seeker's senses.

Those are ideas for the 8 basic Mistings. Not sure if I want to add Augurs, Seers, or Mistborn in. I'm also open to alternate abilities.

And... well... depending on if your son would think morbid things are cool...

Spoiler

get a recirculating drink fountain, fill it with red Koolaid, and put some Lego figures next to it with the heads popped off. I wouldn't want that at my party, but I know some boys would think it was hilarious.