Wizard Apocalypse100

How quickly did you read The Way of Kings?

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was just wondering everyone else's pace for this book. I'm currently on page 834, and it has been 2 weeks since I started but I've been on break. Dalinar's perspective doesn't engage my interest too much and Shallan's can be boring sometimes, so it's been taking me a while. Either way I really enjoy the book so far. Kaladin is awesome!

Edited by Wizard Apocalypse100
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One and a half days (I think) but I appreciate that everyone has their own pace.

And to further brag, I was ten or eleven at the time.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About a week.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can now read it under twelve hours and when I first read it about one day.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took me about a week to get to chapter 6 (i think 6, it's definitely named Bridge Four). After that I read the rest in 2 days. The start was kinda slow and confusing for me, but the first bridge run was the chapter that really started to catch me 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I read it in 4 days, but it's because I'm on break as well. Now I have moved on to Words of Radiance.

Either way, read at your own pace, as long as you are enjoying it. I just got pretty hooked.

Edited by solarcat93
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I can now read it under twelve hours and when I first read it about one day.

same, but I think my first read took 3 days.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

same, but I think my first read took 3 days.

Holy cow. Do you mean 3 days inconsistently, in 3 days time, or 3 consecutive days where you chose to read at certain points in the day?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Wizard Apocalypse100 said:

Holy cow. Do you mean 3 days inconsistently, in 3 days time, or 3 consecutive days where you chose to read at certain points in the day?

inconsistently. I was doing school.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

inconsistently. I was doing school.

Yeah, school sucks for that reason.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wizard Apocalypse100 said:

Yeah, school sucks for that reason.

It's good for other reasons, though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 5 days. I read the other ones faster

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

About a roshar week

tho it takes me about 2 weeks to listen to it

Edited by Rg2045
Additional comment
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh goodness, it took me so long in real time, I was very busy, it took me probably 2 months total. Actual reading time 12-24 hours, I'm not really sure. I finished all the Mistborn in a week each, and the rest of SA within a week and a half each, if my memory is trustworthy (which it probably isn't).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morningtide said:

About 5 days. I read the other ones faster

5 consecutive days? That's pretty insane

5 hours ago, solarcat93 said:

I read it in 4 days, but it's because I'm on break as well. Now I have moved on to Words of Radiance.

Either way, read at your own pace, as long as you are enjoying it. I just got pretty hooked.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Wizard Apocalypse100 said:

5 consecutive days? That's pretty insane

 

Yup, It took me 4 consecutive days. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, solarcat93 said:

Yup, It took me 4 consecutive days. 

Coool, how's Words of Radiance btw

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wizard Apocalypse100 said:

I was just wondering everyone else's pace for this book. I'm currently on page 834, and it has been 2 weeks since I started but I've been on break.

I'm curious why you are curious. . .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

I'm curious why you are curious. . .

Because I am considered a slow reader and I want to know how fast others read this thing.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me a day of nonstop reading... but crazy good book!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 2 days but very long reading time each day, I was up until like 4 am finishing it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wizard Apocalypse100 said:

Because I am considered a slow reader and I want to know how fast others read this thing.

Nothing wrong with reading slow. Especially when it is enjoyable and you want to milk every last detail.

That said, I try to read about 1000 pages a week. I don't recall how long it took on my first read through, but I would say about a week. On re-reads I go a bit quicker than I do on my first read of a book (but also sometimes get distracted cross referencing details, especially if it was something I missed/didn't recall on/from a previous read).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wizard Apocalypse100 said:

Coool, how's Words of Radiance btw

5 days reading it virtually on a laptop in school, no more than 24 hours total time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Nothing wrong with reading slow. Especially when it is enjoyable and you want to milk every last detail.

That said, I try to read about 1000 pages a week. I don't recall how long it took on my first read through, but I would say about a week. On re-reads I go a bit quicker than I do on my first read of a book (but also sometimes get distracted cross referencing details, especially if it was something I missed/didn't recall on/from a previous read).

Thanks :). Yup I got to page 900 and I'm going to try and finish it today.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.