Hello! Any fellow musicians?

As my pfp implies, I'm a reasonably competent guitar player... if one allows "reasonably competent" to include folk and classic rock.  ;-)  I've been in bands that have performed on actual stages for actual paying audiences, although I'm not currently playing out.  My last band imploded because - well, it's an all-ages-friendly site, so let's just say for a very rock-n-roll reason.

I can enjoy listening to almost any genre of music, but jazz and classical are not my thing when it comes to playing.  Kudos to those of you who do them!  I think everybody should be able to make some kind of music.

9 hours ago, Luckspren said:

Does my voice count as an instrument? I'm in two choirs. I did finally decide to learn an 'official' instrument, and I started piano lessons last week

Totally! The topic is about musicians, and singers are definitely musicians. That's super cool! What kind of music do you like to listen to/sing? 

Also, piano is really worth the work! Stick with it ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2022 at 9:28 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

Hello everyone!

It's great to join this site, and I'm totally looking forward to the awesome future discussions!

Coming from a humble spren here (according to my profile apparently ^_^), are there any other musicians around? If so, what do you play and what genre of music?

I'm a jazz and sometimes classical pianist, a cellist, and a composer here and there. I'm a fan of any good music and love to improvise with anyone and experiment with different kinds of music.

Happy to join!

Happy to see you.

I love music in almost all genres because I grew up with every type, from classical to blues.  I've had lessons on piano, violin, viola, and guitar, but none of it 'stuck.'  I once bought an electric bass when I was in a garage band, and I can't play bass.  Running true to form, I recently bought a lap steel guitar—-and a viola.  I made sounds on the viola, though.