Shining Silhouette

Hello! Any fellow musicians?

43 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2022 at 0:41 PM, Elf said:

I'm late here, but I play the violin!

This is a bit late but that's awesome! Some say the violin is a little plain, but I think it can make the most beautiful sounds in the world in some peoples' hands. It's so cool that so many play here :D

Violins are amazing. I partially love them because of book characters who play the violin.

12 hours ago, Morningtide said:

Violins are amazing. I partially love them because of book characters who play the violin.

Yeah! Like Sherlock Holmes! I think it adds other depth to characters sometimes seeing their musical side.

1 hour ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Yeah! Like Sherlock Holmes! I think it adds other depth to characters sometimes seeing their musical side.

Totally. Also Jem Carstairs from the Infernal Devices trilogy :D

Like Hoid from the cosmere! As he can play many instruments, mainly the flute.

As my pfp implies, I'm a reasonably competent guitar player... if one allows "reasonably competent" to include folk and classic rock.  ;-)  I've been in bands that have performed on actual stages for actual paying audiences, although I'm not currently playing out.  My last band imploded because - well, it's an all-ages-friendly site, so let's just say for a very rock-n-roll reason.

I can enjoy listening to almost any genre of music, but jazz and classical are not my thing when it comes to playing.  Kudos to those of you who do them!  I think everybody should be able to make some kind of music.

Does my voice count as an instrument? I'm in two choirs. I did finally decide to learn an 'official' instrument, and I started piano lessons last week

9 hours ago, Luckspren said:

Does my voice count as an instrument? I'm in two choirs. I did finally decide to learn an 'official' instrument, and I started piano lessons last week

Totally! The topic is about musicians, and singers are definitely musicians. That's super cool! What kind of music do you like to listen to/sing? 

Also, piano is really worth the work! Stick with it ^_^

I listen to country, Christian, movie soundtracks, and random nonsense. I sing hymns, through-composed Psalms, and random things that were on the radio lately.

29 minutes ago, Luckspren said:

I listen to country, Christian, movie soundtracks, and random nonsense. I sing hymns, through-composed Psalms, and random things that were on the radio lately.

Lots of variety! I like it :)

Cool! When are those times?

2 hours ago, Wax_drools_Wayne_rules said:

I'm a jazz pianist and a cellist

Whoa, that's so cool! I'm the exact same combination! What do you like to play?

Electric and Acoustic Guitar, normally I play all types of rock or grunge or whatever. (Anywhere from Blackbird to Smells like Teen Spirit.)

18 hours ago, Flaming Coinshot said:

Electric and Acoustic Guitar, normally I play all types of rock or grunge or whatever. (Anywhere from Blackbird to Smells like Teen Spirit.)

Sweet! I've dabbled in guitar, though I'm not very good.

On 01/06/2022 at 9:28 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

Hello everyone!

It's great to join this site, and I'm totally looking forward to the awesome future discussions!

Coming from a humble spren here (according to my profile apparently ^_^), are there any other musicians around? If so, what do you play and what genre of music?

I'm a jazz and sometimes classical pianist, a cellist, and a composer here and there. I'm a fan of any good music and love to improvise with anyone and experiment with different kinds of music.

Happy to join!

Happy to see you.

I love music in almost all genres because I grew up with every type, from classical to blues.  I've had lessons on piano, violin, viola, and guitar, but none of it 'stuck.'  I once bought an electric bass when I was in a garage band, and I can't play bass.  Running true to form, I recently bought a lap steel guitar—-and a viola.  I made sounds on the viola, though.