Hello! Any fellow musicians?

Hello everyone!

It's great to join this site, and I'm totally looking forward to the awesome future discussions!

Coming from a humble spren here (according to my profile apparently ^_^), are there any other musicians around? If so, what do you play and what genre of music?

I'm a jazz and sometimes classical pianist, a cellist, and a composer here and there. I'm a fan of any good music and love to improvise with anyone and experiment with different kinds of music.

Happy to join!

3 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Welcome to the Shard!

I also play the cello and piano.

Have you heard of the Piano Guys?

Thank you! I think cello and piano is a great combination.

The Piano Guys are awesome! So much fun to listen to! I've played a few of their pieces with my friends and its tons of fun.

3 minutes ago, Boomerang Guy said:

I played trombone for two years and Tuba for 5-ish years. I am currently learning the guitar. And I am going to start piano soon.

Super cool! Let's go multi-instrumentalists! Have you done any jazz with any of the above?

I have a uncharted book that I play songs from and I also play some star wars music on my cello. I play different songs on the piano, mostly themes from the legend of zelda, Cruela Devil, and I can go the distance.

Just a side note that it is generally frowned upon to double post and you can edit your previous post if you have something else to say before someone else posts.

1 minute ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Totally! I definitely agree. One of my favorites is Waterfall which is a ton of fun to play

Do you know which album that is in as I can't remember exactly?

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Just a side note that it is generally frowned upon to double post and you can edit your previous post if you have something else to say before someone else posts.

Good to know!

Zelda music is pretty hype! I arranged a medley a few years back and I love playing through that stuff. 

Waterfall is in The Piano Guys 2 I think

@Boomerang Guy Join the Tubists' Guild.

I play Tuba currently in my concert band, however, I play many other instruments as well. My musical life began with the piano, which I dabble in, but I can't play too many notes all at once still. I played viola long ago, until it stopped being an option, but I still remember most of the technique, if not all the notes. After than I took up euphonium/baritone horn which I still play in concert a little bit, lastly I picked up the tuba recently, and already have significantly better playable range than I do on the baritone.

Also, since I forgot, WELCOME!!!!

Edited by Ta'veren Kaladin

11 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Bassoon is so cool! One of my best friends is a bassoonist

Which ones have you tried?

I played clarinet,  oboe, trombone, and percussion as well as bassoon in high school. 

I've tried out flute, sax, trumpet, French horn,  and viola, in college.  I was a music major.  

I also play piano and sing. 

3 hours ago, Siri said:

I played clarinet,  oboe, trombone, and percussion as well as bassoon in high school. 

I've tried out flute, sax, trumpet, French horn,  and viola, in college.  I was a music major.  

I also play piano and sing. 

Wow, super cool! I'm considering going down that path myself (I'm a high schooler). Music is pretty great

On 6/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, Tani said:

I'm a violinist who's played piano

Two very amazing instruments!

7 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

I'm slightly late, but hey there, and welcome to the Shard! Genuinely glad to have you here; you seem like a cool, articulate person.

Thank you for your kind words! I'm so happy to join such a welcoming community! :D

5 hours ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

Welcome to the shard @Shining Silhouette. I play the clarinet.

Clarinet is a pretty instrument. I've always loved its sound.