SP#4 Weapon Theory

Sjsharks93

My own thoughts are similar to yours. I think Nomad is bonded to a deadeye, and is sufficiently Invested to be something similar to a Radiant, but not a Radiant.

I'm pretty convinced that Aux and Nomad have a sort of inverted Radiant bond. Normally, the surgebinder uses the power and the spren just acts as a mediator, but Nomad asks Aux to do magic for him, as if the Blade were the Knight instead. And Aux does call himself a knight...

It makes sense that Auxiliary could be kind of like the knight in the bond between them and Nomad. It could also be that Auxiliary is kind of like a deadeye that was healed, similar to how Adolin and Maya are.

The more I think about this and listen to the discussion I am forced to wonder if Aux and Nomad at some point underwent a Realmatic exchange where Aux is a Physical being and Sig is a Cognitive being.  This would explain why so much of their relationship seems to be inverted.

13 hours ago, Brgst13 said:

The more I think about this and listen to the discussion I am forced to wonder if Aux and Nomad at some point underwent a Realmatic exchange where Aux is a Physical being and Sig is a Cognitive being.  This would explain why so much of their relationship seems to be inverted.

That kind of makes sense, honestly. Dawnshards are Commands, and when you "take" a Dawnshard, you explicitly become that Dawnshard. As I see it, a Command is an inherently Cognitive thing, so it would make sense that it would change the person into a Cognitive being as well.

If Aux were manifested as a weapon when Sig became the Dawnshard, that Connection could have short-circuited the transformation process, flipping their natures. Aux goes Cognitive to Physical and Sigzil goes from Physical to Cognitive.