First theory post: Siah Aimians… 5th ideal?

Hey guys,

this is my first theory post so please be kind! Sorry if this has been discussed before. I’m soooo confused and Intrigued by the Siah Aimians. This might be out there but what if the Siah Aimians are 5th ideal windrunners? Blue skin, immortal… reminds me of honor spren. What if the fifth ideal fuses (I know probably not the best word) the honor spren with the radiant? I can’t see how much more OP a Windrunner could be past the 4th ideal… but a physical human/spren hybrid could answer that question. 

tell me am I on to something or do I need to lay off the fire moss

I thought this too but the only real problem I see with this theory  is the bondsmiths. Brandon has said that they have gone all the way before. as I’m sure that all radiants orders have. 
so wile it’s a good theory I like the one that says they are spren  more

13 hours ago, Russell 9-Fingers said:

When you say the theory that they are spren (not familiar with it) do you mean spren that have been brought into the physical realm like Ishar’s experiments? 

Yup. The theory is that Siah Aimians are Honorspren. The idea got lit in people's minds because of that scene in RoW where the Honorspren corpse is mistaken for a Natan corpse (who're descended from Siah Aimians and humans). In the Cognitive Realm, people's shadows point towards the sun, and the Siah Aimian's shadows also point towards the wrong direction. And they're both blue.

Nale is a Fifth Ideal Skybreaker and appears normal, and we know that while no mortals have attained it recently it's happened before. I think if reaching that level made you look like Marvel's Eternity, somebody would have noticed and mentioned it by now.

51 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Nale is a Fifth Ideal Skybreaker and appears normal, and we know that while no mortals have attained it recently it's happened before. I think if reaching that level made you look like Marvel's Eternity, somebody would have noticed and mentioned it by now.

True, with the possible exception that:

Spoiler

as a Cognitive Shadow, it might not apply to Nale

That said, I agree both ideas have merit. However, I always thought the Siah were refugees/immigrants like the Iriali, Sleepless, and humans.

1 hour ago, Treamayne said:

That said, I agree both ideas have merit. However, I always thought the Siah were refugees/immigrants like the Iriali, Sleepless, and humans.

Me, too. The Siah seem to me like they have more connection to the Cognitive Realm, maybe existing in both places (like how Sja Anat is described in RoW) or being affected by Roshar's odd relationship with the CR.

They're very intriguing either way and I'm excited to learn more. The implications of spren and Radiant becoming the same being would be very profound and have far-reaching consequences.

2 hours ago, Weltall said:

Nale is a Fifth Ideal Skybreaker and appears normal, and we know that while no mortals have attained it recently it's happened before.

Nale introduces an interesting wrinkle in that he manifests his Radiant Shardblade on-camera, which would suggest that his spren is not fully manifested in the Physical Realm in some other way (like being physically combined with Nale). But as @Treamayne pointed out, Nale may be a special case. And for that matter the 5th level ideal may not be identical across the orders. RoW raised so many more questions than it answered!

• 2 weeks later...