Origin of Usernames.

Originally the name Duxredux meant along the lines of "duck, again, duck" using the word redux. A silly name.

Later on a friend thought it meant "Deduction and Reduction", and based on the way I think and operate, it fits. It doesn't capture the dorky origin though.

My name comes from Sokka from Avatar The Last Airbender. It references the time when he temporarily loses his boomerang. Later, Katara calls him pony tail guy. Then Sokka responds sadly saying, "I used to be boomerang guy." Sokkas the best. 

Some here used to know me by McWafy. That was what I named Link in The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap. I now commonly use McWafy as Gamer tags or usernames and whatnot. So if you ever see McWafy anywhere, Its most likely me.

Phoenix spelled backwards is "xineohp". Close inspection reveals that that is not, in fact, how my name is spelled. This was not intentional. It turned out for the better, though, since Xino flows better as a nickname than Xineo. 

512 is 2^9, the largest three-digit power of two.

Wyndle is a funny character, whom, much to my chagrin, would probably be most similar to my own response to the current situation on Roshar. At the time I created my account, (and still today, although to a lesser extent) I was super into like, wordplay and wordsmithing. Humor of the punny variety, essentially. So, I spent like thirty minutes trying to come up with a punny Brandon-themed username, and I settled on "Wyndlerunner", as a portmanteau of 'Wyndle' and 'Windrunner'. The name stuck, although nowadays most folks I'm familiar with on this site call me 'Wyn'. 

“Syn” was actually a name I came up with for a Mistborn RPG character a couple years back. I never got the chance to play him, so I just kept the name around. The name is now being used for my username obviously, and also for another character in the Omni that may or may not be important, but y’all don’t need to know that :))

The “Mystic” part was something I added on for who knows what reason; I could lie and say: “oH, yEAh. I tOTaLLy mEAnT iT To bE a REferENcE To mY zvSo MYstICs,” but it wasn’t, actually. It was completely on accident, and I hadn’t realized what named myself after the magic folk of Zvso till a month or two after I made my Shard profile. So… yEAh. I tOTaLLy mEAnT iT To bE a REferENcE To mY zvSo MYstICs.

I am a bookworm, and wyrm is a synonym for dragon. Dragons are the best mythical creature. I would rather be a Book Dragon than a Book Brown-Squiggly-Invertebrate-That-Lives-In-The-Dirt.

And I'm The Bookwyrm rather than just Bookwyrm because that sounds cooler.

If you've read Mistborn, you should recognize the name. If you've read the annotations, you'd also know that Slowswift is a cameo of none other than one John Ronald Reuel Tolkien--perhaps a touch arrogant on my part, but it sounded cool and I liked the contradictory nature of it.

I've had many usernames I will adress the three most recent.

'Silasalis' is the name of one of my OC's, is perfectly symmetrical (heretical, I know) and is just a cool name.'

'Doomslug The Destroyer' is, well, Doomslug from Skyward. Duh. Lmao.

'CalanoCorvus' is my current and (hopefully for real this time) final iteration of online usernames. 'Calano' is the first two letters of my first, middle, and last names combined, ('Ca' 'La' 'No') and 'Corvus' means crow and I chose it because crows are freaking lit bro.

On 5/26/2022 at 9:16 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

crows are freaking lit bro.

They are. I love them.

I just made up my username. It's a thing I do. I wanted it to have an aon in it, but took out the aon because it was too close to Taan's name so now I'm Tani. I'm considering changing it to Mehelin because Mehelin has Ehe in it.