Why Singers have such a hard time becoming Radiants-Theory

Letryx13

1 hour ago, Brgst13 said:

As the conflict grew into all-out war, Odium created the first Fused.  In return, Honor created the Heralds and the Honorblades, allowing the Heralds to Surgebind again.  The spren followed Honor's lead and bonded to humans just as Heralds did to Honor.  As a result, spren became the Investiture conduit.  At this point, humanity existed in a near constant state of war.  The Singers felt rejected by the spren and did not even attempt bonding.  This state of war finally ended with the Recreance, which destroyed the Singers' minds.

I have two issues with this timeline, which I don't think are totally answerable with the current books (but I think are hints that more is unrevealed):

- According to the Stormfather in OB, the Oathpact was meant to end the war forever; Honor never considered the possibility that a Herald could "bend their oath", so no Returns/Desolations were envisioned. So what were the Honorblades for, since no fighting was intended to be necessary once the Oathpact existed?

-Did war between humans and Singers continue between Aharietiam and the False Desolation? Or were there 2000+ years of peace when the Singers lived uninfluenced by the Fused and voidspren and humans believed that the Voidbringers were permanently defeated?

2 hours ago, cometaryorbit said:

I have two issues with this timeline, which I don't think are totally answerable with the current books (but I think are hints that more is unrevealed):

- According to the Stormfather in OB, the Oathpact was meant to end the war forever; Honor never considered the possibility that a Herald could "bend their oath", so no Returns/Desolations were envisioned. So what were the Honorblades for, since no fighting was intended to be necessary once the Oathpact existed?

-Did war between humans and Singers continue between Aharietiam and the False Desolation? Or were there 2000+ years of peace when the Singers lived uninfluenced by the Fused and voidspren and humans believed that the Voidbringers were permanently defeated?

I'm not sure about the first one, but if I recall, one of the coded messages they found in Uritheru suggested that the singers were still continuing to fight.  It's possible that this was only in reference to the false desolation, but it could also mean the Singers were righting that entire time.