Lightweaving and aluminum

Not unless it is seeking to directly interfere with the mirror. Lightweaving works on the same principles as photon-manipulation epics. They affect the way light works, and various other waveforms. Mirrors merely reflect light, and all manipulation would either happen before or after it is reflected from the mirror.

5 hours ago, LordFlea said:

Would illusions turn up in an aluminium mirror?

Two options depending on if the light itself has an Investiture component or not.

If the light is Investiture-based, they would not show up in an aluminum mirror, and the metal would disrupt the Investiture-based light waves. That could be a viable illusion detection method. Now I want to know what aluminum looks like under Taldain's sun, since that is a known Light with an Investiture component.

If Lightweaving does show up in an Aluminum mirror, then the light itself isn't Investiture, and that will have a very important impact once Lightweavers start shooting lasers. The internet puts aluminum foil at 80-88% reflectivity, so around 12-20% of the energy of the laser is getting absorbed as heat on contact. Fire a powerful enough laser and it will be able to burn through Aluminum, and once the metal begins to blacken it will become even worse at reflecting light and will absorb more heat. This could be very important for space combat.

Either way, I think the answer to your question has important Cosmere relevance.

I doubt it will come up, but I suspect that burning Atium would let you see the person beneath an Illusion.

4 hours ago, Duxredux said:

I doubt it will come up, but I suspect that burning Atium would let you see the person beneath an Illusion.

I very much like this idea as well!  Anyone glancing through into cognitive or spiritual realms should be able to pick up the inconsistencies.  That said I am sure some lightweaver somewhere will be able to effect all 3 realms differences.   That is almost the idea behind aluminum feruchemy right?   Your identity changes on even a spiritual level I would imagine.  The true ghost.  

15 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

yes, once the light is changed at one point, it remains on its course. Now, as there is a sound aspect to lightweaving, would aluminum covering the ears block that?

No more than if it was regular sound I should think.