How to divvy up my massive mansion:

The entire estate will be segmented into 10ft by 10ft squares, each registered as its own indefinite real estate area. Each person who I include will be given a few of these squares at the edge of the estate, then informed of the conditions to acquire more of the area:

• Everyone starts with a certain number of "units," which act as agents to "conquer" new areas.
  • Each tile has a unit requirement threshold, meaning how many units you need to move to it in order to conquer it (acquiring the deed in the process). You can only conquer adjacent squares.
  • Once units have been used, they cannot be used again to conquer more squares. Until the end of your "turn," those units become useless.
  • You can end your "turn" whenever you run out of units and places to put them. At this point, you can take back your units and replace them into any square you've conquered.
    • Note: You don't need to have units in any squares as long as you own the deed, so you can reallocate your forces to defend the borders and such.
  • Every [amount of time - probably as soon as everyone's gone, but also with a long-ish cycle in case someone's being too slow], people's units will be refreshed and redoubled. You get [in-game currency] according to how many squares you own, which can be used to purchase more units (of different types, even), transfered to other players (alliances... or bribes), or for other events that could happen. After this refreshing, you can once again use your units to conquer more squares.
  • Certain tiles will have special events or swag attached. A list of ideas:
    • Hidden "treasure chests" within the area itself containing [currency], units, and other bits of my fortune (you have to physically find these things. For example, you might have to climb the tree in the area or search the kitchen).
    • Consumable "powers," like action cards in Monopoly. You could steal peoples' units, activate events, add effects to tiles, nuke people... etc.
    • NPC tiles, maybe? Imagine them as a local tribe that you have to heartlessly, xenophobically murder to death.

The only outside rules are "no trespassing" and "no murder." You're more than welcome to bargain, trade, and parley with other players, so as long as no scudding crimes are committed.

The only "the end" of the game is if someone manages to acquire the entire mansion, barring anyone else from conquering further tiles. Until such time, however, this game could continue indefinitely. You'd have full access to any of the mansion that you own, and with their consent you can venture into other peoples' areas as well. Of course, this also means that you're expected to pay the bills of the areas you own: water, electricity, gas, etc. In theory my mansion wouldn't have any mortage on it... but you might have to pay that as well.

If you don't, of course, the bank will seize your assets--including your units.

Smallworld is a great game and a great idea to base a will off of.

I now am going to base my will off of a dungeon crawler where those in the will must make it out by defeating all the enemies and leveling up. This should take over a year and will give them a real taste of what a dungeon crawler would really be like.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

• 2 months later...

I would have to go with the classic of having someone who looks like me and is dressed like me storm in mid-ceremony, with a sonic screwdriver in hand.

They will then inform everyone that my death can be prevented, but the person who will be chosen to save me has to win a battle tournament.

I don't trust my family to make it interesting so I will arrange for everyone to be assigned a random weapon, ranging from longswords to toothbrushes.

Once the tournament is over, my doppelganger will confess my death is a fixed point in time, and it's already happened. But on the bright side, the winner keeps all my stuff.