Question

What effects would a Mistborn gain if they burned the other God metals such as Raysium or say Honor's metal. If they were to say gain a connection and gain these metals, what effect would they gain?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

  • 0

We don't really have any idea.

The fact that God metals exist in the first place is really interesting to me, as it tells us a lot about how Shards work and about the nature of their Investiture. But these god metals also have a wide variety of uses, both in things like fabrials and in the Metallic Arts.

Brandon has not said anything about the powers of God metals that don't belong to the Scadrian Shards, and so while I think it's likely that there are interesting powers to gain from them, we currently have no way of knowing what those powers are.

(I know that's basically an unhelpful rant, sorry. But it's a really good question that I've asked myself many times, so good theorizing!)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

We don't really have any idea.

The fact that God metals exist in the first place is really interesting to me, as it tells us a lot about how Shards work and about the nature of their Investiture. But these god metals also have a wide variety of uses, both in things like fabrials and in the Metallic Arts.

Brandon has not said anything about the powers of God metals that don't belong to the Scadrian Shards, and so while I think it's likely that there are interesting powers to gain from them, we currently have no way of knowing what those powers are.

(I know that's basically an unhelpful rant, sorry. But it's a really good question that I've asked myself many times, so good theorizing!)

Well let's both just hope that gets answered in the future, cause that would be interesting to find out

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

We likely will figure out, because part of the big man's plan is to introduce all these different cultures to each other in the endgame.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

We likely will figure out, because part of the big man's plan is to introduce all these different cultures to each other in the endgame.

Now that's going to be cool, I'm excited for when that's going to happen

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Maybe we will see a bit more in the next Mistborn book. the previous ones have introduced both Et-metal (pretty sure this has been confirmed as Harmonium/Sazedium, but not double checking right now) and Trellium (demonstrated to have some Hemalurgic property). so it's entirely plausible that someone will burn one or both

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dunkum said:

Maybe we will see a bit more in the next Mistborn book. the previous ones have introduced both Et-metal (pretty sure this has been confirmed as Harmonium/Sazedium, but not double checking right now) and Trellium (demonstrated to have some Hemalurgic property). so it's entirely plausible that someone will burn one or both

Words of Brandon

Quote

Mason Wheeler

Harmonium is ettmetal... Its chemicals properties are sort of analogous to cesium. It explodes in contact with water. People are made out of water. You try to spike someone, you try to swallow it, you try to wear it as jewelry, it will not end well. Why in the world would he pick something so inharmonious?

Brandon Sanderson

He didn't pick it. It's unstable because of the two halves of him not meshing well.

 

Edited by Treamayne
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

The closest thing we have to a WoB on this is of course a RAFO but Brandon did say that if you were able to burn the chunk of pure Tanavastium that got chipped off of Ishar's Blade, it would have 'very interesting effects'. He's also said that it's theoretically possible that an alloy of Lerasium and another God Metal could grant access to the magic system(s) associated with the metal.

Edited by Weltall
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Weltall said:

The closest thing we have to a WoB on this is of course a RAFO but Brandon did say that if you were able to burn the chunk of pure 'Tanavastium' that got chipped off of Ishar's Blade, it would have 'very interesting effects'. He's also said that it's theoretically possible that an alloy of Lerasium and another God Metal could grant access to the magic system(s) associated with the metal.

Interesting

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What do you think he meant by "interesting"?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Onironte said:

What do you think he meant by "interesting"?

I think that's a mistery for a potential future novel or maybe even an Q&A

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

But, what do you think?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Onironte said:

But, what do you think?

I honestly think it will have effects relating to the shard. So say Honor's metal might give an almost adhesion like power, I think they will do something relating to the shard they originated from

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

I think it could do something like "see" and understand all the Connection in your environment, or maybe know if someone is lying.

But the main problem is obtaining said metal:
Could only be extracted from a Shardblade or by condensing Stormlight

Edited by Onironte
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
25 minutes ago, Onironte said:

I think it could do something like "see" and understand all the Connection in your environment, or maybe know if someone is lying.

But the main problem is obtaining said metal:
Could only be extracted from a Shardblade or by condensing Stormlight

Yeah, but I do think he will clarify this sometime soon

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.