God metals

Stormblessed04

Question

14 answers to this question

We don't really have any idea.

The fact that God metals exist in the first place is really interesting to me, as it tells us a lot about how Shards work and about the nature of their Investiture. But these god metals also have a wide variety of uses, both in things like fabrials and in the Metallic Arts.

Brandon has not said anything about the powers of God metals that don't belong to the Scadrian Shards, and so while I think it's likely that there are interesting powers to gain from them, we currently have no way of knowing what those powers are.

(I know that's basically an unhelpful rant, sorry. But it's a really good question that I've asked myself many times, so good theorizing!)

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

We don't really have any idea.

The fact that God metals exist in the first place is really interesting to me, as it tells us a lot about how Shards work and about the nature of their Investiture. But these god metals also have a wide variety of uses, both in things like fabrials and in the Metallic Arts.

Brandon has not said anything about the powers of God metals that don't belong to the Scadrian Shards, and so while I think it's likely that there are interesting powers to gain from them, we currently have no way of knowing what those powers are.

(I know that's basically an unhelpful rant, sorry. But it's a really good question that I've asked myself many times, so good theorizing!)

Well let's both just hope that gets answered in the future, cause that would be interesting to find out

Maybe we will see a bit more in the next Mistborn book. the previous ones have introduced both Et-metal (pretty sure this has been confirmed as Harmonium/Sazedium, but not double checking right now) and Trellium (demonstrated to have some Hemalurgic property). so it's entirely plausible that someone will burn one or both

1 hour ago, Dunkum said:

Maybe we will see a bit more in the next Mistborn book. the previous ones have introduced both Et-metal (pretty sure this has been confirmed as Harmonium/Sazedium, but not double checking right now) and Trellium (demonstrated to have some Hemalurgic property). so it's entirely plausible that someone will burn one or both

Words of Brandon

Mason Wheeler

Harmonium is ettmetal... Its chemicals properties are sort of analogous to cesium. It explodes in contact with water. People are made out of water. You try to spike someone, you try to swallow it, you try to wear it as jewelry, it will not end well. Why in the world would he pick something so inharmonious?

Brandon Sanderson

He didn't pick it. It's unstable because of the two halves of him not meshing well.

Edited by Treamayne

The closest thing we have to a WoB on this is of course a RAFO but Brandon did say that if you were able to burn the chunk of pure Tanavastium that got chipped off of Ishar's Blade, it would have 'very interesting effects'. He's also said that it's theoretically possible that an alloy of Lerasium and another God Metal could grant access to the magic system(s) associated with the metal.

Edited by Weltall

1 minute ago, Weltall said:

The closest thing we have to a WoB on this is of course a RAFO but Brandon did say that if you were able to burn the chunk of pure 'Tanavastium' that got chipped off of Ishar's Blade, it would have 'very interesting effects'. He's also said that it's theoretically possible that an alloy of Lerasium and another God Metal could grant access to the magic system(s) associated with the metal.

Interesting

I think it could do something like "see" and understand all the Connection in your environment, or maybe know if someone is lying.

But the main problem is obtaining said metal:
Could only be extracted from a Shardblade or by condensing Stormlight

Edited by Onironte

25 minutes ago, Onironte said:

I think it could do something like "see" and understand all the Connection in your environment, or maybe know if someone is lying.

But the main problem is obtaining said metal:
Could only be extracted from a Shardblade or by condensing Stormlight

Yeah, but I do think he will clarify this sometime soon