Does Anyone Ship Jasnahoid (Jasnah & Wit)?

Ooh- I forgot-

16 hours ago, Elegy said:

Brandon sure could make them work together, but he didn't even try, he just made it up on the fly, and went from not even thinking about them being a pair to them suddenly being one from one book to the other

Isn't it kind of fun though, that Brandon thought as he was writing the book, that "Hey, these characters actually might fit together!" It means that though he didn't plan it they were such a possibility that he wrote it in, and that they sort of became their own people- going off script.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:25 AM, Elegy said:

It's interesting that you don't include it as one of the points but then still mention the lack of set-up for the relationship as one of your reasons. Because that's definitely the main reason for me (and obviously one of the main reasons for you).

This response is a bit late, but since you've pointed that out I should admit my post was a bit silly and reductive. I suppose I separated those ideas in my head because I saw A, B, C, & D as categories of complaints that could make someone inherently opposed to the pairing, no matter how well it was written, whereas I saw "insufficient screentime" as something that could be resolved in future books should Brandon choose to explore it more fully.

In reality "it's not well explored/foreshadowed" is probably one of the most common complaints against the pairing, and I'm sure there are other reasons that I didn't account for -- those were just the few that sprang to mind.