Honorblade Summoning Time Update?

Duxredux

Here's the relevant phrase from the Coppermind:

It's unclear if they require ten heartbeats to be summoned, like dead Blades, or if they can appear instantly; this appears to be tied to their wielders' perception.[8]

Ishar flickers his Honorblade at the end of RoW. I think it's clear that the summoning time can be instantaneous, but is based on the perception of the wielder, as Szeth takes 10 heartbeats to summon Jezrien's Blade. Unless we think that there's an inherent difference to Ishar wielding his own Blade? At any rate, I think this could be updated to include what we see Ishar do.

I've been digging into this and it doesn't seem like a simple distinction and could be too speculative. Szeth believes that it requires 10 heartbeats to summon Jezrien's Blade and has trained with the different Honorblades so it seems as if it's not specific to the Blade. If it was a matter of perception was brought up in this WoB (https://wob.coppermind.net/events/385/#e12612). Moash in RoW Interlude 4 also requires 10 heartbeats, but he specifically notes that Adolin was able to summon his Shardblade in under 10 heartbeats and can't do so himself. Ishar was able to "skip" his own Blade. My conclusion is that it isn't a matter of perception. What I don't know is if any Herald could instantly summon and dismiss any Honorblade they were bonded to, or if only the Herald using their own Blade can do this. I don't even know if it's more complicated than that, if Ishar did some unchained Bondsmithing between himself and his Blade, though there isn't any particular reason to suspect that he did so.

Any thoughts? Should I move this train of thought to a different discussion?

I think you're overthinking this editing some. It's clear they can be summoned instantly in certain situations, so just edit the line to say that and cite the RoW chapter. No need to go into detail, and in fact we don't want to speculate on what may or may not be the cause.