Monster Hunter

I should try charge blade at some point. My closest experience was with switch axes which I enjoyed quite a bit, but then I tried IG and it clicked so hard I haven't used anything else since.

It would be fun to at least try to be competent with every weapon though. 

The guy is huge, but clearly not as big as his invisible hitboxes. And apparently they were nerfed quite a bit, I shudder to think what this fight was like in FU.

Best/worst part is that the game is fully aware of the fame he has and happily warns you that his hip attack is annoying. Well it is, and the tail spin doesn't fall behind either.

I'm upgrading for now, clearly my LR Astalos armor has its days counted. I'll need some actual HR armor if I don't want this guy to take 2/3 of my life with each hipcheck. Farming Barroths right now.

Edited by Eluvianii

I haven't hunted that one but in my very limited experience with piscine wyverns, I may just dislike them in general. Cephadrome is a significantly easier fight but annoying for the same reasons. That and the thing spending half the hunt under the sand. Though I have to thank him, he was the monster that made me try Insect Glaive. I was having a really hard time with long sword, some people suggested a weapon that gave you more height, Aerial IG seemed obvious and the hunt became a walk in the park.

I had to start on another account if I wanted to play sunbreak when it came out with my brother and I wanted to start a new weapon and choose the LBG but my brother also choose the LBG. I think they changed it because Jyuratodus didn't stay under the water the whole time and I could attack it while it was underwater, because then you only see the top half. Do they go completely underwater in the game you play?

It's a oversized griffin that zooms at you really fast so be ready to dodge. The only flagship I faced was Malzeno and he wasn't hard. Narwa the Allmother was harder and the crimson Valstrax was a little easier than Narwa but they were about the hardest monsters that I have faced in MHR.

I HAVE DONE IT. The crimson glow valstrax is dead and I have the armor I want from it. I also got two orbs from the valstrax from quest rewards when I was playing with my brother but I had to leave. I didn't get the part I wanted then though. 

Here is a meme I made about fatalis. @Eluvianii

629910bf1c792_Screenshot2022-06-022_34_12PM.png.c396a695a5ca3df9c4787b9cb9f0c331.png

6299112dbc834_Screenshot2022-06-022_36_04PM.png.624fdffccc507321de03536639634ace.png

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

I have, though I'm not entirely sure what they are. I think I heard somewhere that they were partially based off hunter styles but I haven't actually used them. Maybe I should play the demo again and see if there's something there. 

It's not a real game, I was mixing the name with Devil May Cry. Basically there have been some worries that Capcom will get away from the more slow-paced, high risk high reward, kinda sluggish combat the series was known for, and make it a lot more action oriented. Closer to a hack and slash. 

It's not inherently a bad thing, but there had already been comments that Rise is too easy because of all the mobility the hunter has, so if it just continues to go up. Well, as I said some of us are just a little bit worried.

Rise is part of the portable series though, which has always been flashier and more experimental, so who knows. Maybe 6th Gen will surprise us.