SP3 is in the Nalthian system

Brgst13

Sp3 seems like it could be set in the Nalthian system.

Evidence:

Planet names: 

Farkeeper the Bright

Nightstar the Hidden

Also:

-Nalthis' magic system is heavily involved in art and music-things Virtuosity would likely be into as well

-There is a Cognitive anomaly in the system.  We have two other spots where the Cognitive is dangerous: Self and Threnody.  In both cases a Shard died there.  Perhaps Virtuosity splintering herself would result in less severe damage.

1 hour ago, StormingTexan said:

I like it and it all makes sense except according to Coppermind 

The source for that entry is the map.  Nowhere does the map explicitly state that this is a gas giant.  Admittedly it likely is based on position and moons but there is no direct confirmation.  

40 minutes ago, Brgst13 said:

The source for that entry is the map.  Nowhere does the map explicitly state that this is a gas giant.  Admittedly it likely is based on position and moons but there is no direct confirmation.  

I agree. Would be a great question to ask Brandon for confirmation. I had to dig to figure out how we even got this star chart since it wasn't in AU. Someone must have gotten the info from Issac that it was a gas giant though or maybe there is a note in the WB leather bound? 

Edited by StormingTexan

• 1 month later...

Just throwing this out there: maybe the "Cognitive Anomaly" is Painter's world? And Yumi lives on some other part of Nalthis that has a different manifestation of Investiture?... okay, yeah, that seems kinda unlikely, the sun is different, it's much hotter, there are spren like things

Edited by Honorless

9 hours ago, Honorless said:

Just throwing this out there: maybe the "Cognitive Anomaly" is Painter's world? And Yumi lives on some other part of Nalthis that has a different manifestation of Investiture?... okay, yeah, that seems kinda unlikely

On Yumi's world, the sun is described as dark red with black blotches. In the Nalthian system chart, the sun is depicted as yellow, like ours. I can't remember if anyone in Warbreaker described the sun's color or not.

I generally think that these new worlds are all in completely new systems that we haven't seen yet. I've also seen the theory that SP4 is set on future Taldain . . . Like, there seems to be a need to push these new things to things we already know (similar to how a lot of people assumed that the Secret Projects would include stuff like Aether of the Night or Nightblood when he first announced them, despite him saying they were a break from his planned stuff), even when there's only slight evidence to it. I believe every Secret Project has its own star system that was specifically designed by Isaac for that story (with two of them taking place on one planet in that respective system and one of them on two, that being SP3), and this WOB hints at that:

The Fife

How many planets are in the system of Lumar, and could you give us the name of the system?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO and no. We need this to go into the star chart, and Isaac to determine what the system looks like, and we need to place it according to my thoughts on how it relates to the aether system. These are not things we can canonize yet. Glad that you're asking these questions, you will get canon answers eventually. But this is a RAFO in a "We are still making sure to figure this out."

Isaac Stewart

Lot of moving pieces there. Every time there's a new planet or new system, it has to fit canonically within everything else.

Brandon Sanderson

And I just threw three of them at Isaac.

Isaac Stewart

We'll get it figured out.

Secret Project #1 Reveal and Livestream (March 8, 2022)

Thank you very much for posting that, Elegy! So we clearly have four new Cosmere planets that lie in three different solar systems that we haven't read about before.

I believe it's safe to say that none of these planets lie in the same solar system except for Yumi's world and Painter's world. Lumar's sun is yellow, the sun featured in Sunlit Man is so powerfully Invested it would have been obvious in any other story, and the Sun from Yumi and the Nightmare Painter is described as dark red with black blotches.