Reformed Christian Corner

At its core, it means someone who believes in Christianity as preached by Martin Luther and other theologians during the Reformation in the 1500s. Does that help? It’s kind of a convoluted subject because of all the disagreements scholars had around that time, but that’s the soul of it.

I’m guessing you’re Catholic or Orthodox then, @Orlion Blight? :D No hard feelings, though!

@Frustration, that is straight-up facts. :P There were way too many wars about that in the 1500s. I just finished up a European history class and almost every conflict from 1517 to 1700-ish was because religiously opposed people refused to peacefully coexist.

I'm a Christian though I do feel there is a strong danger in presenting ourselves as sects or denominations (reading all the cites verses and chapters in context, 1 Corinthians 1v10-13, possibly 3 John) with a few obvious exceptions (2 John, Jude, Revelation 1-3). Anyone who calls Yeshua their Lord and Master, who repents of their sin - who hates their sin - and believes in Yeshua as both man and God and sent by God, I call my Brother and Sister, regardless of whether they are Catholic, Orthodox, or Protestant - everyone else is my Neighbour, and still loved. The church I was brought up in was Methodist, and so I likely have a view more influenced by Methodist theology than by any other given denomination, but I myself am not Methodist, I am God willing, like many and God willing most others in many and God willing most other denominations, a Christian.

@Ixthos, I agree with you, but I wasn’t trying to say that any denomination is more likely to be saved than another, I was recognizing than anyone can be saved if they accept Jesus as the only path to salvation through his death and resurrection, and asking about denominations to understand the viewpoints of the others on this thread.

24 minutes ago, Stormblessed0421 said:

@Ixthos, I agree with you, but I wasn’t trying to say that any denomination is more likely to be saved than another, I was recognizing than anyone can be saved if they accept Jesus as the only path to salvation through his death and resurrection, and asking about denominations to understand the viewpoints of the others on this thread.

Understood :) I wasn't meaning to imply otherwise, and your point is a good one about understanding other denominations' viewpoints.

11 hours ago, Stormblessed0421 said:

You bite your thumb at me, sir? :P 
So @Orlion Blight, are you religious? I’m curious now!

Do you know what curiosity does to cats?! :o

I am an atheist with a non-trinitarian background that likes to use Catholic theological terms in jokes...like heresy!

I tend to know more Catholic theology or what they consider heresies (Nestorian is my favorite) because that's just what tends to show up in the books I like to read when any strain of Christianity does show up.