A Random Theory about a Group From SP 4

What if the Night Brigade are trying to Unmake the Dawnshards? In my theory, they're trying to get all of the Dawnshards in order to unite all of the Shards back into an Adonalsium-like being or Adonalsium himself/itself, and then Unmake it from there. I have no idea why they'd want to do this if they did, but it's just a thought I have in my head I want to get out. 

That's all, carry on. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2022 at 11:05 PM, Use the Falchion said:

What if the Night Brigade are trying to Unmake the Dawnshards? In my theory, they're trying to get all of the Dawnshards in order to unite all of the Shards back into an Adonalsium-like being or Adonalsium himself/itself, and then Unmake it from there. I have no idea why they'd want to do this if they did, but it's just a thought I have in my head I want to get out. 

That's all, carry on. 

What do you mean by unmake?

On 7.5.2022 at 6:05 AM, Use the Falchion said:

I think you contradict yourself - in your theory, do they want to unmake the Dawnshards or Adonalsium?

Also, that's a huuuge assumption that 1. you need the Dawnshards in order to unite the Shards (at least one event in the Cosmere implies that Adonalsium could be reformed without them, just like a vase can potentially be fixed without the stone that broke it) and 2. that you could just reunite the Shards by getting together the Dawndhards - they'd probably need all the Shards at one place, too, and - with the Dor and other ones Splintered and other problems - that's a task that is close to impossible.

Also, Unmaking as used in the Stormlight Archive (mainly by Raboniel) seems to imply corruption of the Investiture of one (or more) Shards by another Shard, writing it over and making it Investiture of the other Shard. Which means that Adonalsium can't be Unmade, since there is no Shard outside of Adonalsium that could possibly corrupt it.

So there's a lot of problems with this. That said, I do agree that they are most likely hunting the Dawnshards - maybe to use them, maybe to eliminate them. The former is probably more likely, but the latter seems more interesting to me personally

Edited by Elegy

9 hours ago, bmcclure7 said:

What do you mean by unmake?

Turn them into some sort of anti-weapon, or something. Not sure, it was just a thought from a month ago. 

6 hours ago, Elegy said:

I think you contradict yourself - in your theory, do they want to unmake the Dawnshards or Adonalsium?

Eh, it was a month ago, but both I think. Unmake the Dawnshards and then use them to make an Anti-Adonalsium. Or use the Dawnshards, create an Adonalsium-like being, and then Unmake it. Take either or both. It was just a thought. 

14 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Turn them into some sort of anti-weapon, or something. Not sure, it was just a thought from a month ago. 

Eh, it was a month ago, but both I think. Unmake the Dawnshards and then use them to make an Anti-Adonalsium. Or use the Dawnshards, create an Adonalsium-like being, and then Unmake it. Take either or both. It was just a thought. 

I still confused what is a anti-weapon ( A weapon that destroys other weapons?) And what is a Anti-Adonalsim ( Do you mean that in the biblical sense like a false or replacement Adonalsim?)

7 hours ago, bmcclure7 said:

I still confused what is a anti-weapon ( A weapon that destroys other weapons?)

It's hard to describe, but I picture it akin to what Anti-Light is to Light. It's the inversion of something, but not the opposite of that thing. 

7 hours ago, bmcclure7 said:

And what is a Anti-Adonalsim ( Do you mean that in the biblical sense like a false or replacement Adonalsim?)

More or less a being with nigh-omnipotent power but fueled by Anti-Investiture, with the opposite purpose of Adonalsium. Imagine if Adonalsium had a polarity; Anti-Adonalsium would have the opposite polarity, in a way. 

Again, it was a random theory from last month. Y'all are thinking far too much and far too hard about it. I honestly forgot I wrote t. 

On 6/16/2022 at 10:07 PM, Use the Falchion said:

It's hard to describe, but I picture it akin to what Anti-Light is to Light. It's the inversion of something, but not the opposite of that thing. 

More or less a being with nigh-omnipotent power but fueled by Anti-Investiture, with the opposite purpose of Adonalsium. Imagine if Adonalsium had a polarity; Anti-Adonalsium would have the opposite polarity, in a way. 

Again, it was a random theory from last month. Y'all are thinking far too much and far too hard about it. I honestly forgot I wrote t. 

Interesting I thought Anti investiger had the same intent as original investiger. But I can't think of any particular passage.  Dose anyone know if it dose or not?