Mid-Range Game 58 - To Kill a Skyeel

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MR58 Night Three: *crickets*

Chirp, chirp, still no writeup.

~======€

StrikerEZ has died! They were a Field Exterminator working for the Exterminators Guild. 

Vote Count:

StrikerEZ: (5)Matrim's Dice, EmulatonStromenkiin, Illwei, Devotary of Spontaneity 

EmulatonStromenkiin: (2)StrikerEZ, JNV, ash's_eyes

Things to Note:

• @Bort is being warned for inactivity!
  • The thread is closed, but PMs are open
  • Have fun!

Player List:

Spoiler

This cycle will end tomorrow, Thursday, 2nd of June.

Edited by The Unknown Novel

MR58 Day Four: Nada 

No writeup again. 

~======€

Welcome to Day Three of Mid-Range Game 58. 

Matrim's Dice has died! They were an Apprentice Exterminator from the Exterminators Guild. 

Things to Note:

• If you neither post three times nor vote, you will be warned for inactivity. 
  • PMs are closed, but the thread is open
  • Have fun!

Players:

Spoiler

1. @Archeras Eelton the Eel Killer. 
  2. @xinoehp512 
  3. @Matrim's Dice 
  4. @EmulatonStromenkiin as Foklasfag. 
  5. @Liranil 
  6. @JNV as Merris.
  7. @Bort. 
  8. @Illwei. 
  9. @StrikerEZ as Lin Ganai. 
  10. @ash's_eyes. 
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Morovia the Green Widow. 
  12. @_Stick_

This Cycle will end tomorrow, Friday, June 3rd.

We're at 6 people, which mean 2 v. 4 at this point.

I'm just going to say that this is definitely lylo and i think we should massclaim

hear me out- if there's only a 2 person Elim team then their roles have to reflect that. Furthermore, there are Elim-specific roles that they could have.

Devotary

Devo is blatantly the vote manip, and i don't think a 2 person Elim team really could have much chance without some role that was basically another person. vote manip standard.

The elims win when they outnumber and not at parity so there technically could be three elims, but if that was true they would have just killed me and been nearly assured a win unless there's a detective that just hasn't done anything. They still should have killed me because I'm the only one left who can be the vote manip because I didn't look at the votes closely enough to see that Bort wasn't voting yesterday. And if it is only a two person elim team they seem underpowered unless they also have a manip and just never bothered to use it since we haven't come close to killing either of them yet. Skyeel Enthusiast hasn't gotten anyone yet if that exists. Humane Skyeel Capturer is only better than Field Exterminator if there's a detective in the game.

@The Unknown Novel does the 'reach majority' bit of the evil wincon mean more than half or equal numbers 

Wasnt there the whole 'one of them is evil' with Emulaton and Striker and now Strikers dead and confirmed good so... tentatively voting Emulaton with suspciion of evil Illwei team but open to suggestions its just that Devotary needs a teammate somewhere and it cant really be Bort and Ig uess it could be one of the three voting now ready to flop on someone at the end there and get a tie/win via vote manip but I want to pursue other options before we seal our fates to the black hole of no discussion

I think TUN would have avoided the team being exactly Emu and ash. Bort dies to the filter if he doesn't get in his three posts/one vote. I don't think the late D3 Illwei and Emu interactions are e/e. I don't know why e!JNV doesn't vote for me since it's pretty easy to do that. That leaves what, Illwei + ash? Bort + anyone? JNV trying to make sure people don't think my exe is too easy? I don't know since if Emu isn't evil we haven't gotten close to an elim all game.

I'm happy enough to back the lynch of Devotary.

She's definitely the Politician and as much as simply being a politician is enough to want to lynch someone, she should be dead by now if she wasn't an elim.

11 hours ago, JNV said:

@The Unknown Novel does the 'reach majority' bit of the evil wincon mean more than half or equal numbers 

Wasnt there the whole 'one of them is evil' with Emulaton and Striker and now Strikers dead and confirmed good so... tentatively voting Emulaton with suspciion of evil Illwei team but open to suggestions its just that Devotary needs a teammate somewhere and it cant really be Bort and Ig uess it could be one of the three voting now ready to flop on someone at the end there and get a tie/win via vote manip but I want to pursue other options before we seal our fates to the black hole of no discussion

Great reasoning, And I have no way to prove I'm not evil, unless I'm eliminated, at which point Elims would be one step closer to winning the game.

Probably one of Illwei or Emu is evil. I don't like how Illwei took only six minutes from when TUN posted the cycle to conclude that it has to be 4-2 and that I must be evil because the elims didn't kill me when they're doing a job of killing me via exe. Her being evil though would require him lying about not knowing the elim doc is closed during the day; even though she doesn't read the rules typically I have to believe that fact would've come up in the doc during N0.

A lot of Emu's votes look like the elim doc decided who they wanted dead the night before and he's just voting in line with that. For all I know that's purely time-crunch or could just be his regular playstyle. He presumably is a field exterminator instead of a humane skyeel capturer because we know there are three field exterminators in the game. If there's not a detective, those two roles are functionally identical for an elim.

I think I will vote Emulaton. Either he's evil or I'll go four4four in shifting votes from a villager to another villager.

MR58 Night Four: Zilch

No writeup. 

~======€

EmulatonStromenkiin has died! They were a Field Exterminator working for the Exterminators Guild. 

Vote Count:

Devotary of Spontaneity: (2) Bort, Illwei, ash's_eyes

EmulatonStromenkiin: (3) JNV, Devotary of Spontaneity 

Things to Note:

• Nobody is being warned for inactivity because everyone voted!
  • The thread is closed, but PMs are open
  • Have fun!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Archer as Eelton the Eel Killer. 
  2. @xinoehp512
  3. @Matrim's Dice
  4. @EmulatonStromenkiinas Foklasfag. 
  5. @Liranil
  6. @JNV as Merris.
  7. @Bort. 
  8. @Illwei. 
  10. @ash's_eyes. 
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Morovia the Green Widow. 
  12. @_Stick_

This cycle will end at 2:00 PM tomorrow, Saturday, June 4th whether I close it or not. Note that it may be up to a day before the cycle gets posted. Sorry about the late posting, thought I did this earlier.

MR58 Day Five: Nothing

No writeup again. 

~======€

Welcome to Day Five of Mid-Range Game 58. 

Devotary of Spontaneity has died! They were a Politician siding with the Exterminators Guild. 

Things to Note:

• If you neither post three times nor vote, you will be warned for inactivity. 
  • PMs are closed, but the thread is open
  • Have fun!

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @Archeras Eelton the Eel Killer. 
  2. @xinoehp512
  3. @Matrim's Dice
  4. @EmulatonStromenkiin as Foklasfag. 
  5. @Liranil
  6. @JNV as Merris.
  7. @Bort. 
  8. @Illwei. 
  10. @ash's_eyes. 
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Morovia the Green Widow. 
  12. @_Stick_

This cycle will end at 2:00 PM Mountain Time, tomorrow, Sunday, 5th of July.

HOnestly no idea what to do or who to murder cause I could see it really for anyone so tentative very tentative ashs_eyes an dif through sheer chance I chose the one villager of three Ill be so mad honestly thats pretty standard for me heres hoping someone else will get on so the lifeor death of the game doesnt just ride on me

MR58 Aftermath: A Conspiracy Enacted

No writeup again. I'll get to this one eventually though.

~======€

The Environmentalist's Guild has won! Congratulations to @Illwei and @Bort!

Players Roles:

Spoiler

1. @Archer as Eelton the Eel Killer. Hired Thug
  2. @xinoehp512. Field Exterminator 
  3. @Matrim's Dice. Apprentice Exterminator
  4. @EmulatonStromenkiin as Foklasfag. Field Exterminator
  5. @LiranilRoleless
  6. @JNV as Merris.Roleless
  7. @Bort. Skyeel Enthusiast 
  8. @Illwei. Hired Thug
  9. @StrikerEZ as Lin Ganai. Field Exterminator 
  10. @ash's_eyes. Former Detective 
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Morovia the Green Widow. Politician
  12. @_Stick_Roleless

New roles and changes I have thought up:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Up6FQviTIE9F41HcSeU0n-Qlk4Ib9Av1GhbQC16Tp9E/edit?usp=drivesdk

Elim Doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jzvq5UdWNTK5atvtgpJatG6UQsJ0IeSVN57vibW1XC8/edit?usp=drivesdk

Spec/Dead Doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HRgkEEzEWtgV838SggPDAT6q5MK1YvEwjt6OR0fpd9w/edit?usp=drivesdk

Master Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13I1613OA884G5zxA6nZAP0OAcmRTcIDe7M8KxssKTA4/edit?usp=drivesdk