Mid-Range Game 58 - To Kill a Skyeel

8 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

If Bort had been attacked by skyeels, anyone who visited him would have died but Bort would live. If a field exterminator or humane skyeel capturer also visited him, nobody would die.

I don’t know why my brain just could not comprehend these rules until you just explained it now.

9 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Being told that your action succeeded has never meant that it did anything in any game. It just means that you didn't get roleblocked, which happens not to be a possibility this game.

I know this, yeah. I just assumed that I’d succeeded because I thought that Bort would’ve died if I hadn’t visited his house. And the fact that we only saw one death made me assume that the skyeel attack was blocked.

@EmulatonStromenkiin who did you visit? Or did you visit anyone?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, how was your action result worded? (Talking to Emu) Don’t quote it exactly, obviously. I ask because my experience with TUN’s games is that action results come back as a failure if the person you targeted didn’t actually do anything, and so I would expect a FE who targeted someone who wasn’t visited by skyeels to have ‘failed’ their action for that reason. This isn’t a GM clarification question, to be clear. Just a theory that Striker might not even be a FE :P.

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Also, how was your action result worded? (Talking to Emu) Don’t quote it exactly, obviously. I ask because my experience with TUN’s games is that action results come back as a failure if the person you targeted didn’t actually do anything, and so I would expect a FE who targeted someone who wasn’t visited by skyeels to have ‘failed’ their action for that reason. This isn’t a GM clarification question, to be clear. Just a theory that Striker might not even be a FE :P.

For what it’s worth, TUN did add a question mark at the end of him saying I cleared the skyeels from Bort’s house (paraphrased, obviously) because I think he was just a confused as I was by my actions submission. Because I worded it weirdly because I didn’t understand my powers, even after lots of questions. :P

5 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

You aren't. 

Field Exterminators save anyone who visits, not the person themselves. 

For like half a second there I thought the GM was saing that Striker wasnt a field exterminator and almost took that as confirmaiton of Striker villageness cause you know evil lies a lot without critivism from almighty figures but then I remembered how the role works

So its 6 3 so we have this and one more so the real question is do we think the vote manipulation is malicious cause if so we violently attack them cause if one of them is evil and we reach 4 3 or smaller versions we just lose flat out so really we just have to go for the 50 50 if theres any chance at all of one of them being evil but honestly given the way the vote is going it doesnt seem viable and given that Striker would probably have teammates to chatter with about role confusion and nonsense and lies I dont know how they would end up evil and far be it for me to say that being wrong in any way implies a lack of evil but... if the depth of their incomprehension required divine intervension surely it would have come up in the evil doc? Unless this si spur of the moment lie without help from evil but then... why would the GM say anything about it

So Emulaton and I wont be able to get on before rollover tomorrow sorry so yeah thats that hopefully this doesnt just doom us

9 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The only people field exterminators can save are the detective, apprentices from losing their extra skyeel life, and elims, and then only if they target someone who the skyeels are visiting. Do you know who the skyeels went after last night?

No, we can visit anyone we wish, we just say so in our GMPM, and he tells us if it fails or not.

8 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I don’t know why my brain just could not comprehend these rules until you just explained it now.

I know this, yeah. I just assumed that I’d succeeded because I thought that Bort would’ve died if I hadn’t visited his house. And the fact that we only saw one death made me assume that the skyeel attack was blocked.

@EmulatonStromenkiin who did you visit? Or did you visit anyone?

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I visited mat. I flipped a coin between them and stick, and now stick is dead. I was told that my action failed because they were not visited by a skyeel.

5 hours ago, JNV said:

For like half a second there I thought the GM was saying that Striker wasn't a field exterminator and almost took that as confirmation of Striker villageness cause you know evil lies a lot without criticism from almighty figures but then I remembered how the role works

So its 6 3 so we have this and one more so the real question is do we think the vote manipulation is malicious cause if so we violently attack them cause if one of them is evil and we reach 4 3 or smaller versions we just lose flat out so really we just have to go for the 50 50 if there's any chance at all of one of them being evil but honestly given the way the vote is going it doesn't seem viable and given that Striker would probably have teammates to chatter with about role confusion and nonsense and lies I don't know how they would end up evil and far be it for me to say that being wrong in any way implies a lack of evil but... if the depth of their incomprehension required divine intervention surely it would have come up in the evil doc? Unless this is spur of the moment lie without help from evil but then... why would the GM say anything about it

So Emulaton and I won't be able to get on before rollover tomorrow sorry so yeah that's that hopefully this doesn't just doom us

okay, so this is 2 for me, one for striker, one for Devotary.

I vote fast because I'm not sure whether or not I will be able to get on, and As I said when I joined the game, I never played anything like this before.

44 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

@EmulatonStromenkiin you should definitely vote Striker here if you want to live

Striker/JNV definitely e/e

Or I’m just completely wrong about this game

you're probably right, but I'm hesitant. I'll wait a bit, then see how it looks.

Side note: there is irony that the village faction in this game is called the Exterminators.

14 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

you're probably right, but I'm hesitant. I'll wait a bit, then see how it looks.

Side note: there is irony that the village faction in this game is called the Exterminators.

You weren’t hesitant yesterday. Or earlier today. And you agreed that the other FE was likely elim. Why did Striker claiming convince you otherwise? What changed?

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

You weren’t hesitant yesterday. Or earlier today. And you agreed that the other FE was likely elim. Why did Striker claiming convince you otherwise? What changed?

you have point. Sorry, distracted by finals. Devotary, Striker. side note, I'm always hesitant, I'm just pushing through and making rash choices.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I have a horrible feeling that I'm going out.

If I’m right, hopefully the politician changes that

If the Politician’s elim I think this cycle was always a loss

If you’re elim then congrats for fooling me but also you’re currently up for the exe

@JNV @ash's_eyes why are you voting Emu? What’s the reasoning there? Striker is a much better choice, there’s actual evidence against him. Can you supply as good of evidence against Emu? I’ll wait. Striker’s votes have been random and reasonless the whole game, best illustrated by going after Liranil and then Emu for no reason with no prior indication before hand.

Edit: wait just saw Emu’s action result. Which was different than Striker’s.

Either one of them is lying or the skyeels actually targeted Bort. One of those is more likely, imo

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

yay! Tie! Thank you! Have congratulatory Cake Waffles! Does anyone have any idea what the starting fraction of villager to elims was?

We aren't told that before the game starts. But on SE there's what's called the 25% rule. Basically, the number of elims is usually roughly 20-25% of the total players. Which means we probably have 3 elims. So this is probably ExLo (meaning we have to get an EXe on an elim or we LOse).

I know I am village. I can't decide if Emulaton is, even though I am voting for them. Their claimed result either means that all three of us exterminators were village, or Emulaton is an elim. So I think I am going to leave my vote on them, because I can't imagine all three of us being villagers.

I think Illwei is a villager. Same for Bort. I think Mat is an elim. Can't decide on the other players.

The situation had escalated from killing skyeels to killing people. Morovia was supposed to be done with life-or-death situations in Zelida's lifetime. Morovia had survived far more dangerous threats than this over the past two millennia, but if there was any possibility that she would finally die, she'd have to be prepared. That meant updating her genealogy tattoos and then copying them over to a medium that would survive her death. They wouldn't be a perfect record, tracking the descendants of all her charges was functionally impossible, even though she'd long ago made the decision to exclude in-laws. She had to do something to pass the time of immortality, and taking care of humans in their final years and then watching over any descendants they may have, even if only loosely, gave her a connection to mortality and an appreciation for every year that most of the immortals she'd met had lacked. She'd have to make it back in time to stop the killings soon, but for now she had time to make the updates she'd neglected since arriving in Klna. She pulled up the tattoos for two lineages that she'd heard had recently interrmarried and set about the process of merging them. Even dormant, inking their names on her skin made it much easier to remember than if it was just written down. Zelida had seen her do this many times and was a great help with transcription. She had neater handwriting since Morovia was too used to manifest words on her skin exactly as she'd pictured them to have ever mastered replicating that effort with a traditional writing implement. They worked for so long Morovia almost missed the end of the days council meeting and had to rush to make it there on time, erasing all the names mid-transcription and hurrying out the door.

Emulaton is telling the truth about being a Field Exterminator I'm pretty sure. Striker easily could be as well but that doesn't stop him from being evil. Mat's theory of Striker/JNV/ash seems plausible and if it isn't we probably lose here unless the detective put in a kill N2 on an elim. There's a good enough chance of Striker being an elim that I'm willing to vote there.

Okay, so either Emulaton is an elim and Devotary is their teammate, or Devotary is an elim just securing a sure exe, or neither of them are elims and we've played ourselves.

Edited by StrikerEZ
changed her to their because I don't know Emulaton's gender