Mid-Range Game 58 - To Kill a Skyeel

22 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I blatantly stole Archer's suspicion because I needed something to work off of and wanted to see what Archer would do about it.

Was there anything in particular that you were looking for in Archer's reaction to your vote? He agreed with your comment about JNV sounding tonally off and even cited your PM conversation. Not to mention he voted for JNV shortly after, too. If you suspected JNV/Archer to be E/E (with the initial assessment being that Archer's one-on-one PM conversation with you regarding JNV was distancing), then shouldn't his JNV vote have made you lean village on him? And if your line-of-thought was more of JNV/Archer being V/E with Archer seeding suspicion against JNV in PMs during N0 in hopes of a JNV misexe, why didn't you explain this theory during D1 when votes were still shifting?

27 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I also think that the elim team is Liranil, Stick, and ash's eyes. Betting it right now

Let's see about that :ph34r:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Liranil said:

Striker (5): ash's_eyes, Liranil, Stick, Mat, Emulaton 

Liranil (4): Devo, Bort, JNV, Striker

Since I know that Devo or Bort is a politician, this is a tie in my eyes.

Just realized I'm an idiot and the Politician won't make this a tie, since it'll move a vote, not add one. Hey @Illwei, you haven't voted... any chance of you voting on Striker? :D

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Have you even played with e!me? xD

I think I’m now leaning to the Politician being v!Bort, but it certainly could be e!Bort. In both cases the manip would have been random. I’m sort of indifferent at the point between Liranil and Striker but I’ll stay where I am so that the wagons are closer, which is always useful.

Gronodon or whatever your role was in MR 49.

Random switch had a 4/11 chance of hitting an Archer vote since politicians can redirect the vote of people voting for the same person according to the approval PM.

Would e!Liranil try to clear herself by pretending not to know the rules? I believe the only game where she's been an elim is MR 47 as a late game convert, so there's not really any evidence either way.

18 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Random switch had a 4/11 chance of hitting an Archer vote since politicians can redirect the vote of people voting for the same person according to the approval PM.

Would e!Liranil try to clear herself by pretending not to know the rules? I believe the only game where she's been an elim is MR 47 as a late game convert, so there's not really any evidence either way.

I don't know what the approval PM is, but if that's true, then it's possible that there is another politician in the game who just redirected a vote of someone voting on the same person they did. That's confusing.

That was a fun game! I forgot about that.

Looks like that wasn’t my last post for the cycle, cool. I did check with TUN and the thread is still open.

3 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Gronodon or whatever your role was in MR 49.

If memory serves, it was Gnorjfksjfnoeoejskfofjrndindon. Or Gneorndin. One of those.

I don’t know that anyone would try to clear themselves by intentionally pretending not to know the rules. Is that something that’s been done before?

I like the idea of Liranil/ash’s eyes being e/e. I’ll stay on Striker though, I could pick apart his explanation of his votes and explain why he didn’t actually do what he said he did, but that’d get tiresome so I won’t :P.

I don’t want to commit to e!Liranil if Striker flips village, that feels like too quick of an assumption to make. The trains sprung up mostly side-by-side and there hasn’t been a lot of resistance to either, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was v/v.

Hopefully I can spend some time later deciding who the team is if they are v/v.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

MR58 Night Two: A Flockfry of Skyeels

Couldn't quite finish the writeup.

~======€

Welcome to Night Two of Mid-Range Game 58. 

Liranil has been executed! They were a roleless member of the Exterminators Guild 

Striker: (4)Matrim's Dice, EmulatonStromenkiin, Liranil, ash's_eyes, _Stick_

Liranil: (5) Striker, JNV, Bort, Devotary of Spontaneity 

Things to Note:

• Nobody is being warned for inactivity because everyone has either voted or posted three times.
  • The thread is closed, but PMs are open
  • Have fun!

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @Archeras Eelton the Eel Killer. 
  2. @xinoehp512
  3. @Matrim's Dice. 
  4. @EmulatonStromenkiin as Foklasfag. 
  5. @Liranil
  6. @JNV as Merris.
  7. @Bort. 
  8. @Illwei. 
  9. @StrikerEZ as Lin Ganai. 
  10. @ash's_eyes. 
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Morovia the Green Widow. 
  12. @_Stick_

Edited by The Unknown Novel

MR58 Day Three: TBD

No writeup again. 

~======€

Welcome to Day Three of Mid-Range Game 58. 

_stick_ has died! They were a roleless member of the Exterminators Guild. 

Things to Note:

• If you neither post three times nor vote, you will be warned for inactivity. 
  • PMs are closed, but the thread is open
  • Have fun!

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @Archer as Eelton the Eel Killer. 
  2. @xinoehp512
  3. @Matrim's Dice. 
  4. @EmulatonStromenkiin as Foklasfag. 
  5. @Liranil
  6. @JNV as Merris.
  7. @Bort. 
  8. @Illwei. 
  9. @StrikerEZ as Lin Ganai. 
  10. @ash's_eyes. 
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Morovia the Green Widow. 
  12. @_Stick_

Edited by The Unknown Novel

Striker should probably die today. Politician, if you’re village, it’s be nice if you let his flip go through :P. I am leaning v!Politician right now, it’s hard to justify an elim one.

I absolutely am going to examine worlds where Striker is village, and who the team would be in that case, it’s be nice either way if the train wasn’t a runaway one today.

Just now, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I agree with Striker being eliminated. Also, I find it funny that archer was eliminated twice on the list and stick completely dropped.

That's just the one I didn’t catch. Archer was originally eliminated three times and Xino was also dropped.

Just want to say: very confused now. We’re down to 8 players now, 3 of which are probably elim. If we lose this exe, I think we lose the game.

So, all cards on the table: I’m a field exterminator. I believe that we can thank me for Bort still being alive. I think. Assuming I understand the rules properly.

I’m going to vote for Emulation. I don’t like how quickly they jumped on me after Mat did. Mat’s vote makes sense, but Emulation’s has very little reasoning to it.

17 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So, all cards on the table: I’m a field exterminator. I believe that we can thank me for Bort still being alive. I think. Assuming I understand the rules properly.

How so? As far as I'm aware, I had a peaceful night.

26 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Just want to say: very confused now. We’re down to 8 players now, 3 of which are probably elim. If we lose this exe, I think we lose the game.

I’m going to vote for Emulation. I don’t like how quickly they jumped on me after Mat did. Mat’s vote makes sense, but Emulation’s has very little reasoning to it.

I would like to point out that I voted for you before, because vibes. I mostly vote right off because I don't know if I will get a chance to do it later. Unrelated, I too am a field exterminator. I'm going to change my vote from Striker to Devotary. There is also no "i" in the first part of my name.

37 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

You aren't. 

Field Exterminators save anyone who visits, not the person themselves. 

22 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I would like to point out that I voted for you before, because vibes. I mostly vote right off because I don't know if I will get a chance to do it later. Unrelated, I too am a field exterminator. I'm going to change my vote from Striker to Devotary. There is also no "i" in the first part of my name.

I’d hate to role exe as much as the next guy, but I also thought we agreed that there was likely 2-1 v/e field exterminators :P.

That + me trusting you much more than Striker + Striker not understanding how his own role works, apparently, makes me feel even better about this exe

Also @The Unknown Novel I’d try to stay out of the thread as much as possible, you have the most posts out of anyone in the thread and that shouldn’t be the case. If someone specifically pings you that’s when I’d make rule clarifications, but only then.

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

The only people field exterminators can save are the detective, apprentices from losing their extra skyeel life, and elims, and then only if they target someone who the skyeels are visiting. Do you know who the skyeels went after last night?

2 hours ago, Bort said:

How so? As far as I'm aware, I had a peaceful night.

Hmmm…I think I misunderstood my role ability.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

You aren't. 

Field Exterminators save anyone who visits, not the person themselves. 

So if Bort had been attacked by the skyeels, he would’ve died and anyone who visited him would’ve survived? Or would everyone have survived? Assuming I am a field exterminator, since the thread can’t know for sure until I’m dead.

I swear I thought I’d finally figured out these rules when I submitted that order. :P

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

That + me trusting you much more than Striker + Striker not understanding how his own role works, apparently, makes me feel even better about this exe

For what it’s worth, I would say me not understanding my own role is pretty par for the course. It’s NAI. I’ve done it as both alignments, though I think mostly as a villager. But I’ve just had more opportunities to misunderstand my role as a villager. The Reform Spy is the biggest example of this. :P

27 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The only people field exterminators can save are the detective, apprentices from losing their extra skyeel life, and elims, and then only if they target someone who the skyeels are visiting. Do you know who the skyeels went after last night?

I do not know who they went after last night. I just got told my action to visit Bort’s house succeeded.

16 minutes ago, ash's_eyes said:

I wanted to go back and read through old posts, but for some reason I can't find the thread from day 2. Maybe I'm just missing it or for some reason we are not allowed to see it, but is anyone else having this same issue?

If you can’t find it, then it’s probably been merged to the main thread for the game. The one we signed up. We merge the threads to avoid thread bloat in the subforum.

12 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So if Bort had been attacked by the skyeels, he would’ve died and anyone who visited him would’ve survived? Or would everyone have survived? Assuming I am a field exterminator, since the thread can’t know for sure until I’m dead.

I swear I thought I’d finally figured out these rules when I submitted that order. :P

For what it’s worth, I would say me not understanding my own role is pretty par for the course. It’s NAI. I’ve done it as both alignments, though I think mostly as a villager. But I’ve just had more opportunities to misunderstand my role as a villager. The Reform Spy is the biggest example of this. :P

I do not know who they went after last night. I just got told my action to visit Bort’s house succeeded.

If you can’t find it, then it’s probably been merged to the main thread for the game. The one we signed up. We merge the threads to avoid thread bloat in the subforum.

If Bort had been attacked by skyeels, anyone who visited him would have died but Bort would live. If a field exterminator or humane skyeel capturer also visited him, nobody would die.

Being told that your action succeeded has never meant that it did anything in any game. It just means that you didn't get roleblocked, which happens not to be a possibility this game.