Mid-Range Game 58 - To Kill a Skyeel

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I could case you if you want :P And Striker. Kinda touched on both.

I guess that's fair. :P And rereading your post, I see your case for Striker. There's more reason there than my gut dislike of Xino's list. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Liranil said:

2 hours left and I went back and did a VC. 

JNV (2): ash, Stick

Xino (1): Liranil

Striker (3): Archer, Mat, Illwei

Archer (4): Xino, Striker, Emulation, JNV

Mat (1): Devo

11/12 voting is pretty nice! @Bort You around?

The only weird thing I noticed was that Emulation voted on Archer at the very beginning of the round, and that's all they've done + their only post. It's not like they could be lurking in the elim doc instead, I just thought it was odd.

I told you, I have no clue what's going on, and am listening to your arguments. also, I will be completely inactive on sunday.

14 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Point being that it easily could be a signal word and there'd be no way to know for sure, and the same for any other word.

I know you finished the PM list because you sent a PM to ash's_eyes, Stick, and I, the last three people on the list.

I have seen v!Xino like buckets. @xinoehp512 what were you're criteria for the bad bucket if you made it before realizing it included everyone voting for JNV?

I'm still confused. You think Mat's signal word to bus him was... bus? 

If you knew that, why'd you leave open the possibility that I hadn't PMed everyone? 

And so e!he might think v!he would make them but do it more narrowly because coming up with broad suspicions is hard

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I could case you if you want :P And Striker. Kinda touched on both.

Having only three suspects and one of them being an inactive probabky means you missed someone. What's nice is now all the elims have committed to a vote, so somebody has made a case in bad faith somewhere to find

1 hour ago, Liranil said:

11/12 voting is pretty nice! @Bort You around?

Pleasantly surprised by that. TUN will be happy. You pinging Bort feels weird though. 

3 hours ago, ash's_eyes said:

I wanted to even it out a little more. 

Red flag for me because you're voting based on votes, not suspicions. 

1 minute ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I told you, I have no clue what's going on, and am listening to your arguments. also, I will be completely inactive on sunday.

I'll note your questions have mostly been about the mechanics of the game, not the substance of the discussion. This is your invitation to point at someone and yell you fool, I'm on to you! 

I also will not be on on Sunday, if that becomes relevant. 

5 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

(Also, it definitely wasn't Emulaton's only post)

Sorry, I went back and looked and saw your earlier post. My bad!

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'll note your questions have mostly been about the mechanics of the game, not the substance of the discussion. This is your invitation to point at someone and yell you fool, I'm on to you! 

I also will not be on on Sunday, if that becomes relevant. 

I mean, I only did a pm with Matrim, but You were supposed to PM me and never did. the sunday thing will be at least a little bit relevant, as it is a day part of the cycle

21 minutes ago, Archer said:

If you knew that, why'd you leave open the possibility that I hadn't PMed everyone? 

I think it was a joke on Devo's part, since Devo voted me for using the word 'bus'. There's no scenario where we're e/e and that's actually the signal word lol

23 minutes ago, Archer said:

Having only three suspects and one of them being an inactive probabky means you missed someone.

Bort wasn't a suspect until he posted, to be fair. Do you have more than three decent suspects? I know I probably missed someone, it's not like I'm expecting to clock the elim team on D1 :P.

Unordered. Evil

Xino - don't like their buckets 

Devo - didn't want to seem like they had TMI

Liranil - I actually had them as village but I like what Mat said and don't like pinging Bort

Striker - stole my read :(. 

Eh

Illwei, Bort - no clue 

Stick - could probably bump into evil. Their e-e discussions pinged me. Also hesitant to move their vote around very much

Village 

Ash's eyes - naked votes seem village

JNV and Mat seem village 

27 minutes ago, Archer said:

No, but there's no way to know if it is since assuming someone's voting for someone in response to one word in one of their posts is terrible evidence. I don't actually think Mat's evil.

I did assume you PMed everyone. The point was that you made it all the way through the list without anyone telling you that you couldn't have group PMs = you could have made that mistake even if you had elim teammates.

Matrim's Dice. Xinoehp.

No writeup for today.

Xinoehp512 has died! They were a Field Exterminator and a member of the Exterminators Guild 

Votecount:

Archer: (3) Xinoehp512, EmulatonStromenkiin, JNV, StrikerEZ

Xinoehp512: (4) Liranil, Bort, Devotary of Spontaneity 

JNV: (2) ash's_eyes, _Stick_

StrikerEZ: (3) Archer, Matrim's Dice, Ilwei

Things to Note:

• Nobody has been warned for inactivity because everyone voted!
  • As this is a Night Turn, you may not post, but may PM and use pre-existing PMs.
  • Have fun!

Players:

1. @Archer as Eelton the Eel Killer. 
  2. @xinoehp512
  3. @Matrim's Dice. 
  4. @EmulatonStromenkiin as Foklasfag. 
  5. @Liranil
  6. @JNV as Merris.
  7. @Bort. 
  8. @Illwei. 
  9. @StrikerEZ as Lin Ganai. 
  10. @ash's_eyes. 
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Morovia the Green Widow. 
  12. @_Stick_

Edited by The Unknown Novel

Hello! I'm a little late with this, but it was a pretty busy day at work and I finally have a moment to look at my notifications.

In regards to codes, any code that can allow you to communicate secretly with a single person when PMs are closed is not allowed. This is usually in regards to sharing new information/ideas. I will say that for this game, if there is a situation like what the GM said ("If I say this, do this"), I won't count that as a code. If you feel something crosses the border into code territory, please ping me here or in Discord (the latter if its more urgent).

Write-up courtesy of Archer

Eelton was dead. Eelton Junior, the son of the man who stood before his mangled body, Eelton the Eel Killer the Eelder.

The attending doctor covered the corpse with a blanket. “He was well past saving. I’m sorry. The cause of death was likely-”

Eelton the Eel Killer the Eelder took a swig from his canteen. “I know eelectrocution when I see it. He was charred worse than steak on a greel.”

“You really shouldn’t drink that much.”

“I am not an eelcoholic!”

“I’m just saying it might make you do something rash.”

“Rash? This started as a meel ticket, but now it’s personal. I’m gonna find the beast that did this, and the scum that protect them and I. Will. KEEL THEM.”

The doctor had begun laying out a second sheet. “I was worried you would say that. They’re really quite gentle creatures most of the time.”

“What’s that for?”

“There was some skyeel blood near the body. I hope it survived the encounter alright.”

“What. Is that for?”

The doctor looked up at him, wielding an obsessively cleaned knife. “It was most convenient that you came out here alone. Please don’t resist, I promise this won’t hurt a bit.”

Thud.

That’s how Eelton was slain, the capable fighter felled by his concern for his child. Family, he thought as he slumped onto the blanket, what an Achilles heel.

~======€

Welcome to Day Two of Mid-Range Game 58. 

Archer has been killed! He was a Hired Thug working for the Exterminators Guild. 

Things to Note:

• PMs are closed, but the thread is open.
  • If you neither post three times nor vote, you will be warned for inactivity. 
  • Have fun!

Players:

Spoiler

1. @Archer as Eelton the Eel Killer. 
  2. @xinoehp512. 
  3. @Matrim's Dice. 
  4. @EmulatonStromenkiin as Foklasfag. 
  5. @Liranil
  6. @JNV as Merris.
  7. @Bort. 
  8. @Illwei. 
  9. @StrikerEZ as Lin Ganai. 
  10. @ash's_eyes. 
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Morovia the Green Widow. 
  12. @_Stick_

Edited by Elandera

Intriguing kill, but good to know all the same. It's possible the elims wanted to clear the name of their Politician, but that's a crack theory and probably shouldn't be explored when we don't even know who it is. I think it's Liranil, though, and I was thinking she was elim anyway, so that at least fits. I'll reread C1 with v!Archer in mind and come back with some things.

I suppose as far as votes-before-going-afk are, one on Striker isn't too bad. Archer was pushed before anyone else was though, I think? I just need to reread.

Anyone got anything interesting from PMing?

Edit: Also, Archer dies early too often :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

The manip wasn't me, but I know there's not really a way for me to prove that. My guess is that the manip is a villager, though, and the elims thought that person was trying to protect Archer because they knew his role from N0 PMs. That's a possibility, at least. It just seems weird that they would NK Archer when it's likely we would have spent a lot of today's turn discussing his alignment and possibly waste an exe on him.

15 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Anyone got anything interesting from PMing?

Just a dual accustaion of vote manipulation, from Liranil and Stick. Not sure where they pulled that idea from, but did they come up with it together?

1 minute ago, Bort said:

Just a dual accustaion of vote manipulation, from Liranil and Stick. Not sure where they pulled that idea from, but did they come up with it together?

Not an accusation from me, just a question if you did or not. To be honest, I asked both you and Devo, just to see what y'all would say.

1 minute ago, Bort said:

From the way that the game mechanics work, we know the manipper has to be you, Liranil, or Devo. I suspect multiple people fished around between those three (I PMd the other two; figured it probably wasn't you since you were inactive for most of the turn).

Just now, ash's_eyes said:

What exactly is supposed to happen with PMing?

Anything and everything :D 

Just now, Liranil said:

Not an accusation from me, just a question if you did or not. To be honest, I asked both you and Devo, just to see what y'all would say.

That is fair. You did say "Was it you..."

Stick outright asked "Why did you..."

What was Devo's reply?

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

From the way that the game mechanics work, we know the manipper has to be you, Liranil, or Devo. I suspect multiple people fished around between those three (I PMd the other two; figured it probably wasn't you since you were inactive for most of the turn).

That could explain Archer's PM then. He asked if I was silenced "in case I got NKed."

If he thought I had a vote manipulation, that could explain his concern.