Mental Health Awareness Month 2022

Tesh

I'm still debating posting this (If you're reading, I decided), but I figured I might as well.

I'm not diagnosed with anything, and likely won't be anytime soon, but in the past couple years I've dealt with a lot of self-worth issues, and also being comfortable around people.  I don't do well in loud, crowded places where I can't see or hear well, and I can't keep track of what's going on.  I also have a tendency convince myself that I'm a bother by existing and to lie to myself that I don't deserve friends, or love, and because again, nothing official has been stated, I also don't get to talk about above issues or ask for help because there are others who need said help more.  I am now aware that that is not true and is a pretty terrible train of thought.  I still deal with it, I just recognize it now, and can sort of steer my thoughts a slightly less miserable direction.

Anyway, yeah.  Don't think that.  It gets you nowhere, and really sucks to live with.  Y'all matter and y'all deserve help.

10 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I'm still debating posting this (If you're reading, I decided), but I figured I might as well.

I'm not diagnosed with anything, and likely won't be anytime soon, but in the past couple years I've dealt with a lot of self-worth issues, and also being comfortable around people.  I don't do well in loud, crowded places where I can't see or hear well, and I can't keep track of what's going on.  I also have a tendency convince myself that I'm a bother by existing and to lie to myself that I don't deserve friends, or love, and because again, nothing official has been stated, I also don't get to talk about above issues or ask for help because there are others who need said help more.  I am now aware that that is not true and is a pretty terrible train of thought.  I still deal with it, I just recognize it now, and can sort of steer my thoughts a slightly less miserable direction.

Anyway, yeah.  Don't think that.  It gets you nowhere, and really sucks to live with.  Y'all matter and y'all deserve help.

*Hugs Kindness. You are unquestionably one og bubbliest people that I know. If anyone deserves to have good things happen to them it is you!!

• 1 year later...

Hey there! I can't believe it's mental health awareness month again! Thanks for sharing your experiences and being supportive; it's so important to remind people they aren't alone. For me, I've struggled with anxiety and found talking openly about it super helpful.