Hi there!

alexyquest

Hi everyone! 

My name is Alex, I use they/them pronouns, and I'm a sci-fi/fantasy writer (If you happen to be involved in the indie podcast community, you might know the sci-fi show I write, The Stench of Adventure.)

Brandon Sanderson's work has been a huge inspiration to me for a long time. I first read Mistborn a few years ago and totally hyperfixated on it, and now I'm on to the Stormlight Archives. I kept coming up with really specific world questions that I didn't expect to have answers in the books (at least, not yet) which brought me here. I'm really excited to join a community that will geek out about this books with me. 

If you're interested in communicating on another social media platform, I'm @alexyquest on Twitter, Tiktok, and Tumblr. 

I love making new friends, especially in niche internet communities, so feel free to reach out or just drop a reply telling me a bit about yourself. 

Happy to be here,

Alex

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, Robin Sedai said:

Welcome to the Shard, Alex! We're glad to have you here!

Thanks! Happy to be here! Still new so I don't entirely understand how you got that little signature thing, but I like it! Are you a Hitchhikers Guide fan? 

My gawd, i love ur profile pic. 

Welcome to the shard! 

But just a tip, in case no one has told you yet, it's better if you do not double post. If you want to reply to multiple people, you can just  quote multiple people in one post. Or you can go back and edit, if you have something extra to say

Anyway, your profile pic rocks and we will most definitely geek out with you!

Edited by Elf

2 minutes ago, Elf said:

My gawd, i love ur profile pic. 

Welcome to the shard! 

But just a tip, in case no one has told you yet, it's better if you do not double post. If you want to reply to multiple people, you can just  quote multiple people in one post. Or you can go back and edit, if you have something extra to say

Anyway, your profile pic rocks and we will most definitely geek out with you!

Oh thanks, I had no idea! So how do you reply to multiple people in one post? Is there a way to tag people? And thanks! Looking forward to geeking out with you as well

15 minutes ago, alexyquest said:

Oh thanks, I had no idea! So how do you reply to multiple people in one post? Is there a way to tag people? And thanks! Looking forward to geeking out with you as well

See how you quoted me, after that you can quote the other person you want to reply to. Like so 

15 minutes ago, alexyquest said:

You tag people by doing this 

@alexyquest sorry for the annoying notifs but i saw no other way to illustrate my point 

Also you're welcome! It's always good to have another nerd here!

Edited by Elf

3 hours ago, alexyquest said:

Also, aside from starting the reply then scolling up and quoting a different post, you can also use the "+" next to the "Quote" button to add "Multiquote." You should see a toaster popup in the lower right (at least on a computer) showing how many "Multiquotes" have been added. When yo uhave linked all the items to which you want to reply, click that pop-up and it will take you to the reply field and fill in all of the quotes

Note: they add in the order you clicked them, not the original post order - so if you (for example) quote post 4, then 2, then 5; that is the order they are added to the reply (not 2,4,5). But you can also move them in the reply by grabbing the "four arrow" icon in the quote (or spoiler tag) top-left and dragging it up or down. 

4 hours ago, alexyquest said:

Thanks! Happy to be here! Still new so I don't entirely understand how you got that little signature thing, but I like it! Are you a Hitchhikers Guide fan? 

Yes, I am!

You can change your signature by going to the sidebar, clicking on Account Settings, and clicking on Signature.

On 5/1/2022 at 0:41 PM, alexyquest said:

I'm really excited to join a community that will geek out about this books with me. 

Oh and we WILL. These books are about all I can ever talk about. I cant NOT geek out about it.

How Far along the Stormlight Archive are you? And how does it compare to Mistborn in your opinion? Have you read Wax and Wayne too?

Edited by Boomerang Guy