Privating Posts?

The Unknown Ajah

Is there a way to do the equivalent of a YouTube private post, or to see how bbcode will work before actually posting a topic? I've had to do posts where I've used a lot of bbcode and posted it only to see that it has broken, then when I go to fix it, things start breaking. Even if there's some other way to not have my posts break when I go to edit them it would be nice to know.

Unfortunately, that is not a feature that I can grant, permission-wise to allow you to do this. 

BBCode also unfortunately will be removed in a later version of the software. There won't be an alternative and that sucks. You may want to get used to not using BBCode...

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

How complicated of formatting do you require? We can add or remove items on the toolbar if needed, so I am okay with discussing with this.

Color and alignment mostly (like left, center, right) size is nice but not necessary. If you want to keep the standard phone toolbar how it is, sideways orientation having more items would also work for me at least.

The thing is, more items means it goes to two lines on many phones, and most people are going to use it in portrait. So yes, we CAN put more options there, but there are costs associated.

I would say color yes, size definitely no.

26 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The thing is, more items means it goes to two lines on many phones, and most people are going to use it in portrait. So yes, we CAN put more options there, but there are costs associated.

I would say color yes, size definitely no.

That works for me, I can cope without bbcode once it's removed, but color is very useful. 

Google tells me my phone has a display size of 5.1 inches, 71.7 cm2, ~71.2% screen-to-body ratio. Here's what my display looks like. 

I rarely use numbered lists via the button, the line break thing, or whatever that black box does, so more helpful buttons like colored text or even strikethrough would be preferred if that's something that can reasonably be adjusted for the landscape mode. No complaints about portrait. 

IMG_20220501_214920.thumb.jpg.8a34eb15d7b02b05b155537525d6b746.jpg

Screenshot_20220501-214624.thumb.jpg.77e792274a93469fe73a017e269de3ca.jpg

I'm double posting for an update (sue me!). I've made some adjustments! The medium toolbar had some very strange things, like page break and remove formatting, which did not seem as useful, so I removed those in favor of alignment and font color. The smallest viewport now has font color as well. I have made the Preview button consistently at the end of the toolbar so it will be the same in all three toolbars.

Do you want the emoticon button back? I wasn't sure how many people used it; I figured you'd put the symbol and it would auto-change to the smiley or something. 

Again this can be done but there is always tradeoffs.

I admit part of this is that I just think it looks so ugly to have the UI go onto two lines, but obviously that's going to depend on how wide your phones are... I could add the emote button back if people want.

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I admit part of this is that I just think it looks so ugly to have the UI go onto two lines, but obviously that's going to depend on how wide your phones are... I could add the emote button back if people want.

Honestly, I don't think two lines is ugly, especially if the second line is full or almost full instead of being one full line and a single tool below.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

I'd personally like the emote button back, as I'm very bad at remembering what emoticons autocorrect to which emojis.

However, it's not a big deal. I can always turn the tablet sideways.