The KOTLC Club

Do you like Keeper of the Lost Cities?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Keeper of the Lost Cities?

7 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

That is quite true as we see everything in 2D but our brain turns it to 3D.

Except for me, I have a lazy eye, meaning my two eyes can't work together, and therefore I cannot utilize stationary parallax to create depth perception. I only see in 3D when I'm moving, or when other things are moving, and because I know what a 3D universe is supposed to look like.

And now I feel obligated to give a topic relevant comment but can't think of anything, so whoops.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

On 5/19/2022 at 2:47 AM, Morningtide said:

Agreed. It's a pretty good series, but it might not be your type @Elf. Not really any anti heros, and it's also not as dark as a lot of the books you've said you like. Nowhere near Six of Crows. 

Ah allright. I'll still try it out i suppose. No harm in that.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

So, Stellarlune is sounding like it will be the last KOTLC book

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

no it won't.

I'm pretty sure Thaidakar is right here. She's planning on finishing the series in book 10.

Sounds familiar...

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

I'm pretty sure Thaidakar is right here. She's planning on finishing the series in book 10.

Sounds familiar...

LOL, so if kotlc is ten books, and the fable haven stuff is ten books, and stormlight is ten books... how many more things are gonna be ten books?

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

LOL, so if kotlc is ten books, and the fable haven stuff is ten books, and stormlight is ten books... how many more things are gonna be ten books?

Lots, apparently. It's a nice, well rounded number. Very Vorin.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think that it's possible that Sophie wasn't the first of project moonlark? Hear me out, experiments rarely go well the first time, they take many trials. And messing with genetics is not something that elves do often. So wouldn't there have been mistakes? Just something to think about...

23 hours ago, MysticWolf02 said:

Do you think that it's possible that Sophie wasn't the first of project moonlark? Hear me out, experiments rarely go well the first time, they take many trials. And messing with genetics is not something that elves do often. So wouldn't there have been mistakes? Just something to think about...

That's a cool idea. I've thought about it before, and I would agree, except I don't think that there's any foreshadowing for it. I wish the story would do this though, it would be so cool to see multiple moonlarks working together. 

On 5/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, The Bookwyrm said:

Except for me, I have a lazy eye, meaning my two eyes can't work together, and therefore I cannot utilize stationary parallax to create depth perception. I only see in 3D when I'm moving, or when other things are moving, and because I know what a 3D universe is supposed to look like.

I have a lazy eye too! Lol maybe mine isn't as bad as yours because I'm like 95% sure I can see in 3D :P

I have read and enjoyed KOTLC and most (probably?) of the series! It's been a while, so I'm not sure how much I remember, but maybe I'll reread sometime :)

6 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I have a lazy eye too! Lol maybe mine isn't as bad as yours because I'm like 95% sure I can see in 3D :P

I have read and enjoyed KOTLC and most (probably?) of the series! It's been a while, so I'm not sure how much I remember, but maybe I'll reread sometime :)

good Idea, book 9 comes out in November!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I'm not sure what I think of KOTLC. It was enjoyable while I read it, but I kinda got tired of them being defeated by the Neverseen. I mean, can't we get one victory? I still enjoyed them, though.

Sorry(ish) about that annoyednesss.