Wither-hunt - The Fight for Mendahar

Zephrun’s Imperium

It’s fine, bro lol.

I was with my group of besties the whole time, who also happened to be just as single as I am. It was a good time. We talked about things from school to worshiping triangles no, not giving context. At one point of the prom, one of my besties held me like a damsel in distress and we took pictures.

Who need a date when you have a core group of friends that actually make you feel like you’re not alone, y’know?

On 5/7/2022 at 10:51 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Captain Poliar - but just "Letch, sir" to his men - slung his coat across one shoulder, slipping a lighter into his pocket. The belt of powder ran across his waist, and a pair of torches hung from the pack lying at his feet. The fabric of it all was sharp red across brown and black, with grey trims here and there... not unlike the demons that they were always hunting.

The best of the best, he reminded himself. The beacon of hope to all Mendahar.

Ilektchi pushed the buttons through the collar, pulled the pack onto his shoulders, and cracked his knuckles.

"Let's beat these kids into shape," he muttered.

Clasping the pack's crosstrap across his chest, Ilektchi Poliar stepped out into the light to confront his solders.

Reveal hidden contents

@Kvothe the Bloodless - Nerevat Mirtram

@xinoehp512 - Would you overly mind joining the corps? It looks like you're already juggling a bunch of characters already, so if you don't then that's fine.

@Mystic Syn - Have you left your pit of loneliness yet?

@Emery the Steelrunner - Did you want to have your character join the Withergeist Hunters?

(Edit: looked over your character and realized that no, probably not). You'd still get the notif if I deleted the summons though, so imma just leave it there anyways)

@Zephrun's Imperium - You're a person who'll be here often. Wanna learn how to write action scenes?

Tam Tarker bounced slightly as he stood shoulder to shoulder with his fellow Hunters. @Channelknight Fadran

On 5/8/2022 at 0:25 AM, Zephrun's Imperium said:

@xinoehp512

Nyx awoke hours later in the pig sty, her whole body aching. She hardly remembered the beating she’d suffered, but it had been bad; worse than any that had come before it. It had been less about the broken cups, and more about the managers hatred for poor old Nyx. He’d been looking for an excuse to fire her for months now, and now he had one. 

A fat, hairy pig sniffed at Nyx’s hair, wetting her frizzy locks with snot. “He-hey!” she said, glaring and pushing the animal away. “Out-out-out!” She tried to stand up, but immediately fell back down to the earth, splattering more mud on her already soiled dress, the world spinning beneath her feet from standing too quickly. Nyx hummed distastefully. She was an utter mess; blood all over her face, a broken nose, hair pointing out in all directions, a black eye so swollen she couldn’t see out of it, and a torn skirt exposing her undergarments. 

"Princess?" a voice inquired.

Edited by xinoehp512

Just now, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Nyx nuzzled her savior. "Who-who are y-you?" she asked, looking up. Only one of her brown eyes was visible, the other's lids swollen up.

"My name is Jahrdor," he replied, leading her down the streets and into an inn.

“Jahrdor…. I’m Nyx, Nyx. Why are you here?”

Jahr slapped a few golden coins down in front of the innkeeper. He did not respond for a few moments.

"I need your help," he answered, finally.

“Oh, everyone.” She wobbled, hardly able to stand up straight. “Head hurts….” she said. 

then she fainted. 

A few servants came and took Nyx away to clean her up. Jahr sank back in his chair, exhausted.

Nyx woke up not too much later in clean clothes, all the dirt and grime washed off of her. (though even after being thoroughly washed, her hair was still frizzy) She hummed contentedly, looking over herself. She hadn't been this clean since her days at the castle. That thought didn't bring back happy memories, but there was a dignity to cleanliness that just hadn't been present in her life the last several years.

She looked over and smiled, finding Jahrdor in a chair beside her. "'lo," she said, cocking her head. "Nyx remembers you, yes, yes."

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

A few servants came and took Nyx away to clean her up. Jahr sank back in his chair, exhausted.

Jahr sank back in his chair by the fire, exhausted. He'd found her. Here, of all places. Thadel was bold indeed, hiding her so close to the capital. He supposed it had worked - it would seem that people really did only see what they expected to see - but even so, it was risky. He'd been able to find her, after all. 

Perhaps not boldness, then. Perhaps... fear. Jahr had it on good authority that the princess was incredibly powerful; likely Thadel was scared of what she would do if he let her too far out of his sights.

As well he should be.

1 hour ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Nyx woke up not too much later in clean clothes, all the dirt and grime washed off of her. (though even after being thoroughly washed, her hair was still frizzy) She hummed contentedly, looking over herself. She hadn't been this clean since her days at the castle. That thought didn't bring back happy memories, but there was a dignity to cleanliness that just hadn't been present in her life the last several years.

She looked over and smiled, finding Jahrdor in a chair beside her. "'lo," she said, cocking her head. "Nyx remembers you, yes, yes."

"How are you feeling?" Jahrdor asked.

1 minute ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"Mmm." She considered, cocking her head. "Shaky. Hungry. Do you have food?" Nyx had a nasally voice, and made frequent pauses, as if she was running out of breath after speaking a few words.

Jahr gestured to the table, where he'd had the innkeeper bring up food.