Cosmere: Torment - "What can change the name of Nomad?"

Ixthos

Planescape: Cosmere: Torment

"What can change the nature name of a man Nomad?"

I'll admit, though I never played the game, when I first read Sigzil's description of his problem as a Torment, I immediately thought of Planescape: Torment. I've watched playthroughs of the game, and I've read up on it, and while I still don't have any intention of ever playing it (seriously, some parts of that story are so dark, including the actions the character took in different times), I think this has some rather nice parallels with Nomad's story.

• A VERY old character who's name we aren't told - Nomad and the Nameless One
  • Effectively immortal, his body healing from extreme damage
  • Travelled across multiple different worlds
  • Some form of torment - its in the name - Nomad and his inability to harm people, and the Nameless One's ability to draw people to him who are in pain, as well as the pain he himself caused
  • Being hunted by a strange group that won't give him any rest, and associated with darkness in some way - the Night Brigade and the Shadows (bonus points if the Night Brigade are from Threnody and use similar technology to Nazh's Shade gun)
  • Wise-cracking and useful non-human helper who has a history with the main character - Aux (ahem, the knight and his dull-minded squire) and Morte
  • Sassy woman who he meets fairly early on who is dismissive of them but (at least implied for Nomad) will end up spending more time with them and learning their value - Rebeke and Annah-of-the-Shadows
  • May or may not have had a past association with a powerful, ancient woman associated with thorns - Cultivation and Ravel Puzzelwell
  • A single question - (for the readers) "what can change the name of Nomad?" as Brandon has said he will gain a new name later, and "what can change the nature of a man?"
  • (also, I'm hoping at some point Sigzil visited Silverlight, as I think Silverlight is similar to Sigil - so maybe Sigzil visited Sigil)

What do you think? Any other possible similarities? Hope you're having a wonderful day or afternoon or evening or night!

Edited by Ixthos