The Waiting Room

Scarletfox

59 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I can't really stop you from looking," the man replied.

Darrin sighed. "I know that. I mean, can I hold the box? Look inside? Carefully inspect it?"

52 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"I hate chickens."

Darrin turned to Nameless. "Out of curiosity," he asked, "Which kind of chickens do you hate? Normal ones, Rosharan ones, or the cucoos from Hyrule and the surrounding areas?"

19 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Darrin turned to Nameless. "Out of curiosity," he asked, "Which kind of chickens do you hate? Normal ones, Rosharan ones, or the cucoos from Hyrule and the surrounding areas?"

Nameless sighed. "None of the above, actually. Darles Chickens. I hate Darles Chickens."

31 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Darrin blinked. "A...bomb. To blow up a universe. How in existence does that work?"

"It forces two powerful yet incongruent fundamental substances together. The resulting explosion tears a gash in reality that quickly branches out and causes fragmentation of the rest of the universe."

25 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless looked over at the bomb. "Could that thing kill some chickens?"

"It can kill anything," replied the man.

Gal looked around him, confused. Did they talk about... Universe-destroying bombs? He recalled that his world was in actual danger, he should...

A note was inserted into the room, from behind the door he just came out of. He turned around to the sound, his owlish ears standing.

The note has his name on it, and was folded to two. He opened it and read to himself: "We regret to inform you that your world was put into stasis. Your friends are scattered elsewhere, but you shall wait in this room until your world is freed or we find a new world for you."

He shook his head confusedly. What, in the Great Owls' name, did "put into stasis" mean? You can't do that to worlds, he thought, looking up to the man with the bomb in the box...

Now can you?

He walked toward the nearest available sofa, put his backpack down by it and sat on it, extremely confused.

Perhaps I should share some description. Gal is around fifteen years old, at an average height for his age. He has yellow eyes, brown air, and his ears look like an owl's ears. They are also a little higher on his head than usual. He currently holds a winter hat in his hand and probably wearing a coat, and has a backpack with him.

A tall, gruff man walks into the Waiting Room, bearing both a massive sword and a heavily scarred face. Curiously, both the sword and much of the lower half of his body- clad in some form of leather armor- is covered in a sickly blue-green liquid. 

He looks around, a puzzled expression on his wartorn face before it warps into a grimace. Composing himself, he turns to the multitude of strange looking people in the parlor with him. "What is this place?" He asks, his commanding voice booming through the room.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"They will perform a service that I am in dire need of," replied the man. "Namely, extricating this." He held up the gauntlet.

"What is that? What does it do?"

On 4/27/2022 at 9:32 PM, Goob said:

He looks around, a puzzled expression on his wartorn face before it warps into a grimace. Composing himself, he turns to the multitude of strange looking people in the parlor with him. "What is this place?" He asks, his commanding voice booming through the room.

There were a lot of people coming all at once. This was going to be a busy day. "Welcome to The Waiting Room good sir," Rena sighed.

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The man casually ejected a bolt of darkness from the gauntlet, blowing a hole in the wall.

Rena gasped in surprise at first, then shrugged, anything was worth a try... "Well, if you want someone to take it off your hands, I would love to help out! If you just hand it over, I can take it, and then you won't have to blow up any universes to get rid of it!" She said with a cheerful(ish) smile.

5 hours ago, Enter a username said:

Someone who only half existed walked out of the door to people's appointments. "[Wait, what is this place?//Huh. I guess I'm going through the Waiting Room in reverse.]"

Rena nodded to the newcomer

Edited by Scarletfox

17 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Rena gasped in surprise at first, then shrugged, anything was worth a try... "Well, if you want someone to take it off your hands, I would love to help out! If you just hand it over, I can take it, and then you won't have to blow up any universes to get rid of it!" She said with a cheerful(ish) smile.

The man snorted. "I don't want to be rid of it. Just have it not embedded into my soul any longer."

46 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Valzwyn shrugged, rifling through her spellbook for something interesting. "Beats me."

"... You're here! Have you seen Talnic? We were supposed to appear in a book shop, not... Wherever here is."

It was all very peculiar. Valzwyn was with him, Talnic the Shadow, Sef, Orpheus and Cara when they went to the Ideal Realm. Oh, and the boy who came to life, Ni, was there, too. But then... He just appeared in this room, with all those weird people.

Then he recalled the note. "Oh, I got this note." He said. "I have no idea what it means." He walked over and handed it to her.

On 28.4.2022 at 5:10 AM, Trutharchivist said:

We regret to inform you that your world was put into stasis. Your friends are scattered elsewhere, but you shall wait in this room until your world is freed or we find a new world for you.

The note's content, for reference. Gal's full name is written on the other side. Of which, Valzwyn only knew the last. Unless the Parliament spilled it at some point... I need to go check.

25 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"... You're here! Have you seen Talnic? We were supposed to appear in a book shop, not... Wherever here is."

It was all very peculiar. Valzwyn was with him, Talnic the Shadow, Sef, Orpheus and Cara when they went to the Ideal Realm. Oh, and the boy who came to life, Ni, was there, too. But then... He just appeared in this room, with all those weird people.

Then he recalled the note. "Oh, I got this note." He said. "I have no idea what it means." He walked over and handed it to her.

Val read over it. "I have no idea what this means."