TLT/CBST Lore Questions

xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Knight has a similar ability, so I can hardly complain about that. :P.

It is my understanding they would fit better as chaotic-light. The absence of ordered-light entities is rather important.

(Also note that luxite is even rarer on TLT than it is outside, given that the majority of the Witherlord's forces are trapped within.)

That's cool. You might have to explain your references to me, though.

Note that whatever method is used, (time travel wouldn't be half bad) it could only be a clone of Xinoehp, since he's the only luxsprite who's ever existed on TLT.

okie

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

It is my understanding they would fit better as chaotic-light. The absence of ordered-light entities is rather important.

(Also note that luxite is even rarer on TLT than it is outside, given that the majority of the Witherlord's forces are trapped within.)

That's cool. You might have to explain your references to me, though.

1. Boundless Beginnings are like Nameless Ends, they exist in the space between planes.

2. They are creatures of balance-Light, so half of them are chaotic, half ordered.

3. TLT doesn't have contact with them, though.(for the most part:ph34r:) They don't interfere unless a true Nameless End comes/is soon coming.

You shall be tortured with a plague of misunderstanding my references for as long as you do not read the books.(srsly, though, I'll try to explain some, but most I'll forget/won't make sense. That's just me. The Skiens shattering pattern is actually based somewhat off lore from there, with many other things mixed in. Also, you should read the books, they're cool.)

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

1. Boundless Beginnings are like Nameless Ends, they exist in the space between planes.

The space between planes is the Void. Not very friendly to light entities of any type. 

2. They are creatures of balance-Light, so half of them are chaotic, half ordered.

That would make them vastly different from each other in a very categorical way.

3. TLT doesn't have contact with them, though.(for the most part:ph34r:) They don't interfere unless a true Nameless End comes/is soon coming.

What, the Witherlord doesn't qualify as a Nameless End?

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The space between planes is the Void. Not very friendly to light entities of any type. 

That would make them vastly different from each other.

What, the Witherlord doesn't qualify as a Nameless End?

1. that's where they live, and that's the space between universes. The space between planes is an abstract that doesn't really exist on a level that any mortal/immortal can access and understand in the terms we think of. It is not Void, it is Nothing

2. of course they are, there is one for each Nameless End, and each Nameless end is vastly different from the others. Some Nameless Ends are very ordered about how they work.

3. Yes, he does, he is the Nameless End Wither, or an aspect of it. strictly speaking, we can label any Nameless End by how they end, it just irritates them and is very rude. The actions of the Boundless Beginnings are more complicated and less understandable than you think, and I said for the most part.

40 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

1. that's where they live, and that's the space between universes. The space between planes is an abstract that doesn't really exist on a level that any mortal/immortal can access and understand in the terms we think of. It is not Void, it is Nothing

Void=Nothing

The space between worlds has been pretty well established. It is the natural place of the Withergeists. Reality is a violation of that space, in their perspective: they would like nothing more than to see it destroyed. Dark entities often travel through it; they have less to fear. Light entities usually take bridges.

45 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

2. of course they are, there is one for each Nameless End, and each Nameless end is vastly different from the others. Some Nameless Ends are very ordered about how they work.

In a categorical way, though. That is to say, those that were chaotic would be similar to each other, and those that were ordered would be similar to each other, and the two groups would be very different from each other.

47 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

3. Yes, he does, he is the Nameless End Wither, or an aspect of it. strictly speaking, we can label any Nameless End by how they end, it just irritates them and is very rude. The actions of the Boundless Beginnings are more complicated and less understandable than you think, and I said for the most part.

If the Witherlord is an aspect of anything, it is chaotic-darkness as a whole. 

If the Boundless Beginnings are ordered-light, they would be a part of the framework of existence that was originally set up by the luxsprites and is now run by Silence.

However complex they are, I have to understand them in order for them to fit in the framework. 

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Void=Nothing

The space between worlds has been pretty well established. It is the natural place of the Withergeists. Reality is a violation of that space, in their perspective: they would like nothing more than to see it destroyed. Dark entities often travel through it; they have less to fear. Light entities usually take bridges.

In a categorical way, though. That is to say, those that were chaotic would be similar to each other, and those that were ordered would be similar to each other, and the two groups would be very different from each other.

If the Witherlord is an aspect of anything, it is chaotic-darkness as a whole. 

If the Boundless Beginnings are ordered-light, they would be a part of the framework of existence that was originally set up by the luxsprites and is now run by Silence.

However complex they are, I have to understand them in order for them to fit in the framework. 

this is wayyyy too complex. I keep having to redefine things.

The Space between Planes is different from the space between places. It only exists for Nameless Ends and Boundless Beginnings. It is one of the only truly balanced places, with both light and dark in equilibrium.

I won't fight you on the Witherlord, I have agreed that he is some sort of personification of chaotic-darkness, or at least the bearer!Witherlord is. 

The way Boundless Beginnings view it, both light and dark are ordered chaos, and other beings needlessly divide it further by the manifestations on planes. these descriptions of further divisions are accurate on said planes, but Nameless Ends and Boundless Beginnings are only bound by those views if they come into the planes - yet another reason they stay away. The Light and Dark Skiens are representations of the ordered disorder, which is only possible because they were once a piece of a human. This is also why the bearer!Witherlord cannot see them until they act on him.

If you wish for more details concerning the Boundless Beginnings' interference on TLT, PM me, I don't dare leave it out where others can see.

3 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

this is wayyyy too complex.

Three and a half years of development will do that.

I keep having to redefine things.

#relatable

The Space between Planes is different from the space between places. It only exists for Nameless Ends and Boundless Beginnings.

A plane is just a collection of universes, right? I don't think there's any physical barrier that defines a plane. Every universe floats in the sea that is the Void.

It is one of the only truly balanced places, with both light and dark in equilibrium.

Somewhere like that would have to be the Land of Dreams.

The way Boundless Beginnings view it, both light and dark are ordered chaos, and other beings needlessly divide it further by the manifestations on planes. these descriptions of further divisions are accurate on said planes, but Nameless Ends and Boundless Beginnings are only bound by those views if they come into the planes - yet another reason they stay away.

Whatever quadrant of the powerset they are, they would be that way regardless of where they were. (Unless you start bringing in the reality coefficient, but that's an ill-defined meta-concept that doesn't canonically exist.)

This is also why the bearer!Witherlord cannot see them until they act on him.

I'm pretty sure he can, unless they make themselves invisible.

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

is it possible for Soulmover to trap the witherlord in TLT? Soulmover also wants to leave tlt for good.

Nameless is correct, the Witherlord is already trapped in TLT. It was trapped there at its inception by Silence; it is one of the primary reasons that the Wall exists.

As long as Soulmover's power level is not above Narrator thresholds, and he doesn't use chaotic darkness, the mimes will let him leave if he asks them.

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nameless is correct, the Witherlord is already trapped in TLT. It was trapped there at its inception by Silence; it is one of the primary reasons that the Wall exists.

As long as Soulmover's power level is not above Narrator thresholds, and he doesn't use chaotic darkness, the mimes will let him leave if he asks them.

oh, lol Soulmover's goals are a lot less complicated now.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Three and a half years of development will do that.

#relatable

A plane is just a collection of universes, right? I don't think there's any physical barrier that defines a plane. Every universe floats in the sea that is the Void.

Somewhere like that would have to be the Land of Dreams.

Whatever quadrant of the powerset they are, they would be that way regardless of where they were. (Unless you start bringing in the reality coefficient, but that's an ill-defined meta-concept that doesn't canonically exist.)

I'm pretty sure he can, unless they make themselves invisible.

There is a barrier, it's what prevents Nameless Ends from eating all planes permanently. It only affects Cosmic Entities, and even then primarily the Beginnings/Ends, but it is still there. 

I don't know enough about the Land of Dreams to say either way, but what I do know is that the planespace is much less hostile to any Cosmic Entity than it is to other beings, regardless of whether or not it is Void(it could be Source:ph34r:). Anything that is not a Cosmic Entity will require a bridge to cross, or some similar form of protection.

Both Ends and Beginnings are bound to Change, regardless of how the change is enacted. each Beginning must have a degree of both order and disorder, otherwise they cannot co what they are supposed to. In the planespace, those distinctions are irrelevant, so they ignore them as it does not concern them.

It was established canonically that the Witherlord cannot sense the Skiens until they act on him. It's moot point, because they are cautious, and avoid him anyway.

5 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

There is a barrier, it's what prevents Nameless Ends from eating all planes permanently. It only affects Cosmic Entities, and even then primarily the Beginnings/Ends, but it is still there. 

What keeps reality existing is that it's really really hard to tear it apart. Universes outside TLT experience a negligible rate of decay. Universes inside TLT get torn up on a daily basis, but they're constantly being replenished. The best fit for the Boundless Beginnings would be as part of this renewal process, while a Nameless End is simply anything that tears universes apart.

Certainly no barrier of that sort exists on TLT. Where would it even go?

I don't know enough about the Land of Dreams to say either way, but what I do know is that the planespace is much less hostile to any Cosmic Entity than it is to other beings, regardless of whether or not it is Void(it could be Source:ph34r:). Anything that is not a Cosmic Entity will require a bridge to cross, or some similar form of protection.

I mean, the mimes can void travel wherever they want, and they aren't cosmic entities or using any kind of bridge. 

Both Ends and Beginnings are bound to Change, regardless of how the change is enacted. each Beginning must have a degree of both order and disorder, otherwise they cannot co what they are supposed to. In the planespace, those distinctions are irrelevant, so they ignore them as it does not concern them.

The distinctions are never irrelevant. They are fundamental. Canon is nothing without them.

It fits better for the ordered-light part of creation to be handled separately, and for Boundless Beginnings to be exclusively chaotic-light.

Edited by xinoehp512

On 4/30/2022 at 10:20 PM, xinoehp512 said:

What keeps reality existing is that it's really really hard to tear it apart. Universes outside TLT experience a negligible rate of decay. Universes inside TLT get torn up on a daily basis, but they're constantly being replenished. The best fit for the Boundless Beginnings would be as part of this renewal process, while a Nameless End is simply anything that tears universes apart.

Certainly no barrier of that sort exists on TLT. Where would it even go?

I mean, the mimes can void travel wherever they want, and they aren't cosmic entities or using any kind of bridge. 

The distinctions are never irrelevant. They are fundamental. Canon is nothing without them.

It fits better for the ordered-light part of creation to be handled separately, and for Boundless Beginnings to be exclusively chaotic-light.

I'm getting most of the lore for Nameless Ends from elsewhere, and there is always a planar barrier, that's how planes exist. Once again, it only affects Ends/Beginnings, and so is only relevant to them. Those within the Planar barrier are also unaffected, so all Ends within the barrier are also unaffected. Your blockage of TLT from outside is essentially an enhanced version of the planar barrier.

I won't fight you on the nothingness being Void, but Boundless Beginnings are evolved to be unaffected by the place they essentially live. 

Fine:rolleyes:. Beginnings are primarily Chaotic-light, and Ends are primarily chaotic-darkness. Primarily. there are a few exceptions, but they will have no interaction with TLT whatsoever. they don't care about the distinction when in the planespace, however. as this is an opinion, it also does not matter.

Well, there was the whole thing with Star being tortured by a bunch of narrators that kinda started the whole TLT/CBST lore, and that got followed up with the original CBST, I think. During which the Witherlord was a problem or something or other, I think Star turned into Astral as a coping mechanism, there was a castle of some sort, maybe a big narrator fight, Silence eventually brought TLT and CBST together after they'd been separated for a while, and Star eventually turned evil and tried to kill everybody or something like that. Not sure about the timeline of most of that.

19 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

How much do you know of the Allgod Era, which I participated in and was the main protagonist/antagonist?

It happened on pages 1556, 1557, and 1558. It was a fight between two Narrators. In its aftermath Survivor #655 was born, raised, and disillusioned.

12 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

It happened on pages 1556, 1557, and 1558. It was a fight between two Narrators. In its aftermath Survivor #655 was born, raised, and disillusioned.

Could you describe, in order, which Shards were gained to form Allgod?

On 2/14/2022 at 3:54 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Doomslug, as the Vessel of Preservation, also absorbed the powers of Autonomy and Ambition, becoming the shard of Civilization. With this new power, he created an army to kill the other Shards, which he would take and become the New Adonalsium.

"Fools!" He cried, "You do not know what you have done!"

On 2/14/2022 at 3:58 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Doomslug, as Civilization, continued taking shards, taking Devotion and Endowment, becoming the shard of Tradition. 

"I cannot be stopped," He shouted to the Cosmere, "I am a god of Asgard, as well as a Shard of Adonalsium!"

On 2/14/2022 at 4:03 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Tradition took up the Shards of Mercy, Invention, and Whimsy, becoming the Shard of Emotion. He now held 8 Shards, and was able to create life with a flick of his wrist.

He continued his search for more Shards.

*oops i didn't see you took whimsy oh well*

On 2/14/2022 at 4:05 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Tradition fumed as three dawnshards fell into the enemies hands. He went to Roshar, and crushed Rysn, taking up the Dawnshard Change.

The power coursed through him as he gained new abilities. The ability to manipulate Everything.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:07 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Tradition, now having become Manipulation, thanks to the Dawnshard Change, resisted Facepalms soothing, and Changed his spiritweb, removing Allomancy.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:17 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Doomslug quickly recovered, taking the light and using the last bit of his fading power to turn it to anti-Thaidakar light.

"I can."

He forced the light onto Thaidakar, and watched as Thaidakar died an agonizing death. Doomslug took up the eleven Shards, and all 4 Dawnshards. He forced his attention on Valor, killing him quickly, and absorbing Valor.

He Ascended, becoming New Adonalsium.

And the Cosmere was Reborn.

Now, can you tell me the name of Xinoehp's spear of ice?

• 4 months later...