TLT/CBST Lore Questions

xinoehp512

For the past several years, I have been developing a connected system of characters, stories, and magics here on the Shard. Many of you have likely encountered pieces of this web. It is quite possible that these encounters have left you with questions.

If that is the case, I invite you to ask me anything.

Withergeists fear light, although only the weakest will be seriously endangered by it. (Luxite is the most potent example of this.)They can also be destroyed by their own essence in the form of mordite- mordite will kill anything.

Edited by xinoehp512

25 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Can you give me some backstory on Jared?

Jared Ecnelis, born to Jacob and Abigail Ecnelis ~250 years ago. Oldest of four children. A fraternal twin.

His twin sister bonded with an elemental spirit. She was abducted by Jared's uncle, a scientist of dubious morality, with the intention of pushing her powers to the limit. Unfortunately, when Jared attempted to rescue his sister, her powers were pushed beyond their limits, resulting in her own destruction (as well as the destruction of much of the universe they were situated in).

All evidence pointed to her death, but Jared was not convinced. Instead, he resolved to search the universes until he could find her and bring her home. He was eventually able to achieve the former, but not the latter.

26 minutes ago, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

wtf has TLT even become now.

Something new, of course. TLT is always something new. But something old at the same time, as well.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

How exactly does the world of dreams work in your lore? Standard afterlife stuff?

The Land of Dreams (also known as the Plane of Echoes) is a place where every lost thing is remembered. It can be visited, if you know where to look, but only in dreams. Nor can any thing be returned from it, unless one obtains the proper key (known as a soul crystal).

There are depths to the Land of Dreams out of reach of the casual traveler, where the oldest echoes are. No one knows for sure what lies within them. 

On 4/25/2022 at 5:48 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Withergeists fear light, although only the weakest will be seriously endangered by it. (Luxite is the most potent example of this.)They can also be destroyed by their own essence in the form of mordite- mordite will kill anything.

Where would one find Luxite? I'm assuming it's rare, but is it as rare as Mordite?

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Where would one find Luxite? I'm assuming it's rare, but is it as rare as Mordite?

Luxite is essentially nonexistent in the current age. Fundamental substances (luxite, mordite, nullite, & prismite) can be converted between each other, but only if you have an entity with powers of the right type. Producing luxite requires an entity of ordered-light, of which there are practically none. The best example would be the luxsprites, but they are almost entirely extinct- the only one remaining is Xinoehp, and he's secluded away where no one can get to him. Another example would be elementals born from a shattered luxsprite control crystal, but they only really work as a collective and there are only a couple of known examples.

There are a few scraps of luxite left that the withergeists have not found and destroyed. It is not outside the realm of possibility that someone could gather them into a weapon capable of destroying withergeists (albeit less effectively than if that same sword was wielded by a ordered-light entity).

14 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Hrm.

Well, I'm currently trying to come up with a way for the Mendaharans to be able to fight against withergeists.

Fight them in what way?

14 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

can I have a soul magic system?

As in, an integrated magic system? What are the details you have?

18 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Fight them in what way?

As in, an integrated magic system? What are the details you have?

well, someone would draw in soul energy from a person and use it to power their magic. stuff like, telekinesis, summoning stuff, you can uses souls like breaths just way stronger.

40 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

well, someone would draw in soul energy from a person and use it to power their magic. stuff like, telekinesis, summoning stuff, you can uses souls like breaths just way stronger.

That could work... perhaps when I have seen more of it I will understand it better.

23 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Luxite is essentially nonexistent in the current age. Fundamental substances (luxite, mordite, nullite, & prismite) can be converted between each other, but only if you have an entity with powers of the right type. Producing luxite requires an entity of ordered-light, of which there are practically none. The best example would be the luxsprites, but they are almost entirely extinct- the only one remaining is Xinoehp, and he's secluded away where no one can get to him. Another example would be elementals born from a shattered luxsprite control crystal, but they only really work as a collective and there are only a couple of known examples.

There are a few scraps of luxite left that the withergeists have not found and destroyed. It is not outside the realm of possibility that someone could gather them into a weapon capable of destroying withergeists (albeit less effectively than if that same sword was wielded by a ordered-light entity).

TOWWACBob would dissagree, all Boundless Beginnings are Ordered-light. 

I shall be summoning a KOTLC elf to TLT. Not Sophie, she has enough on her plate.

8 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

ok. also it can also suck in more powers somewhat.

The Knight has a similar ability, so I can hardly complain about that. :P.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

TOWWACBob would dissagree, all Boundless Beginnings are Ordered-light. 

I shall be summoning a KOTLC elf to TLT. Not Sophie, she has enough on her plate.

It is my understanding they would fit better as chaotic-light. The absence of ordered-light entities is rather important.

(Also note that luxite is even rarer on TLT than it is outside, given that the majority of the Witherlord's forces are trapped within.)

That's cool. You might have to explain your references to me, though.

46 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

well, Xino went along with it so I took it as a yes. also Soulmover is different, I haven't fully decided how he got it, but I haven't ruled out time travel.

Note that whatever method is used, (time travel wouldn't be half bad) it could only be a clone of Xinoehp, since he's the only luxsprite who's ever existed on TLT.